OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 04:51:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need to go to law school.  (Read 518 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: November 26, 2010, 06:49:39 AM »

I have to go to law school. If I don't at least try, it will haunt me for years to come every time I hear something about law or law school. I finally realized that when I hear things from my parents like there will be a lot of memorization, that is not meant as discouragement or like this won't fit but just an attempt to help me prepare. I also found out that there can be ways to get too scholarships. And now the next LSAT test is in February. This also means a lower chance of getting since it is the last test time before apps close for the following school year. I have a little under 3 months to study my butt off. From some sample LSAT questions I tried, I will have a lot of work to prepare for this. I don't know what to do or if I will need to wait until next year. I need a lot of God's help with this. I am contemplating getting a masters in the mean time, in which case I still have a lot of work to do and need God's help.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
rosary beads

Faith: RC
Jurisdiction: UK

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 07:05:40 AM »

I have to go to law school. If I don't at least try, it will haunt me for years to come every time I hear something about law or law school. I finally realized that when I hear things from my parents like there will be a lot of memorization, that is not meant as discouragement or like this won't fit but just an attempt to help me prepare. I also found out that there can be ways to get too scholarships. And now the next LSAT test is in February. This also means a lower chance of getting since it is the last test time before apps close for the following school year. I have a little under 3 months to study my butt off. From some sample LSAT questions I tried, I will have a lot of work to prepare for this. I don't know what to do or if I will need to wait until next year. I need a lot of God's help with this. I am contemplating getting a masters in the mean time, in which case I still have a lot of work to do and need God's help.

You said it all in the first 7 words "I have to go" - If god wills it and you put in the effort it will happen..

Just one thought - get one o those books from amazon or elsewhere  - how to study in the minimum time -( there are several of them, go for the ones with lots of good reviews) - there are better and worse ways to assimilate knowledge quickly and disciplines and process to be learned, that make learning faster and more efffective

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:06:54 AM by rosary beads » Logged

A passion for rosary beads
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »

Did you ever read "One L" by Scott Turow? It's about his first year in law school. It's informative, and has some funny places too. Just a thought.  Smiley

Prayers!  angel

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
synLeszka
High Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »

The worst thing is that when people think about studying law, they say that it is just memorisation. Statutes, cases, commentaries, et cetera. You have to try to understand the principles of law. If you want to succeed in the study of law, remember that you need a firm grounding in philosophy, history, psychology and sociology. Limiting yourself to the study of statutes and cases, a student seems to forget about the reason and aim of law, thinking of law as only a material(literal interpretation of the statutes and cases) and formal(procedural) intellectual exercise.

I'll pray for your initiative.
JLatimer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »

Did you ever read "One L" by Scott Turow? It's about his first year in law school. It's informative, and has some funny places too. Just a thought.  Smiley

Prayers!  angel

Lord, have mercy.

I liked that book.

---

Prayers

Lord, have mercy!

1 Samuel 25:22 (KJV)
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »

Lord, have mercy! Please, be with Your handmaiden and our sister Anastasia1 and help her get into the law school, if that is Your will!

Love never fails.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:54 AM »

Prayers......
Lord have Mercy! ......Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 05:03:42 AM »

Lord have Mercy.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: