OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:55:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman Catholic interested in Orthodox Church  (Read 323 times) Average Rating: 0
RvCainSpencer

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Catholic

Philippians 3:8

« on: November 23, 2010, 03:23:26 PM »

I haven't even entered an Orthodox church. I would love to though, the closest one to me is somewhere in or around London and would take hours to get there. But one day I must do it. It would be an experience to see how the mass goes and communion.

The gospel of John; (1) In the beginning was the Word...
(14) The Word became flesh...
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »

I haven't even entered an Orthodox church. I would love to though, the closest one to me is somewhere in or around London and would take hours to get there. But one day I must do it. It would be an experience to see how the mass goes and communion.

Welcome, Cain.

I am sure that you would be somewhat familiar with the Divine Liturgy as it has the same format: Liturgy of the Catechumens followed by the Creed, Anaphora, and Holy Communion.

Have you ever been to an Eastern Catholic Church? I attended a Melkite Catholic Church for 3 years before going further East. I loved the Melkites as they did a great job in introducing me to the Holy Orthodox Church.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:31:39 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
RvCainSpencer

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Catholic

Philippians 3:8

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

Welcome, Cain.

I am sure that you would be somewhat familiar with the Divine Liturgy as it has the same format: Liturgy of the Catechumens followed by the Creed, Anaphora, and Holy Communion.

Have you ever been to an Eastern Catholic Church? I attended a Melkite Catholic Church for 3 years before going further East. I loved the Melkites as they did a great job in introducing me to the Holy Orthodox Church.

I've only ever been to the following church, highly reformed methodist, baptist, Traditional methodist, pentecostal, Roman Catholic, Church of England (Anglican) and even LDS.

The gospel of John; (1) In the beginning was the Word...
(14) The Word became flesh...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: