OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 05:17:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Baptist Lady On Tyra Bank's Show  (Read 2148 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« on: November 23, 2010, 03:17:43 PM »

so, what do y'all think of this video?  this just about blew me away.  these "Christians"  hate homosexuals, yet claim to be Christians.  one of the things I love about Orthodoxy is, while we understand homosexuality is sinful, we don't think that "homosexuals should die", or any of that nonsence!

so, please post your opinions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Ck4m9EXeo&feature=related

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:20:20 PM »

Why would they allow this woman on this show? Well, to make it seem like all Christians who oppose homosexuality are like this woman, thus discrediting those who hold to the traditional Christian view of marriage.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »

Why would they allow this woman on this show? Well, to make it seem like all Christians who oppose homosexuality are like this woman, thus discrediting those who hold to the traditional Christian view of marriage.

I agree.  this woman makes all Christians look like monsters.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 04:13:33 PM »

Perhaps we should be careful before hurling too many insults toward this woman, or Tyra Banks, or her producers, or whomever.  There are plenty of those in our own faith who, given the right topic, would perhaps respond in a very similar vein.  "God hates new calendarists."  "Evolution equals Satan worship."  I can easily imagine others.

Aspersion Casting, Ltd. is a very widely-held corporation. 
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »

(Of course, that being said, Baptists are a bit wacky.  That's why I ain't one, anymore. )
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »

Bingo!

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »

I couldn't watch all of it, made me way too angry.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »

Bingo!
Tyra Banks? Isn't that the one in trouble for flying some teenager to NYC without telling the mother, who filed a missing persons report?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/18/tyra-banks-sued-over-teen_n_766127.html

Btw, to answer the question: the same reason these

won't be on Tyra Banks to defend homosexuality.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:25:25 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 03:19:34 AM »

That image is extremely disturbing...but anyways, I recall an episode where she had a family of white supremacists on the show who told her that all black people should go back to Africa (why he doesn't think he should go back to Europe is beyond me), and he told her how her or Oprah would make a good African President...my point being that I don't think it is so much to discredit traditional marriage supporters as it is that she tries to bring extremists on the show so that someone watches (I think I total, I have seen three episodes).

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:21:48 AM »

You could rearrange the title of this thread any number of ways, and I wouldn't have doubted the validity of it...

Baptist Lady on Crazy Tyra Bank's Show
Crazy Tyra Banks of Baptist Lady's Show
Tyra Banks Crazy on Baptist Lady's Show
Baptist Lady's Show on Crazy Tyra Banks
Etc...

Wink

jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:28 AM »

so, what do y'all think of this video?  this just about blew me away.  these "Christians"  hate homosexuals, yet claim to be Christians.  one of the things I love about Orthodoxy is, while we understand homosexuality is sinful, we don't think that "homosexuals should die", or any of that nonsence!

so, please post your opinions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Ck4m9EXeo&feature=related

They belong to the Westboro Baptist group. I'm sure most people already know that they don't represent most Christians in America. Nor do they represent most Baptists.

Their theology is somewhat extreme on the Calvinistic end. Most Calvinists I know would call them hyper.

What they say about nations and sin is common puritan language. But they are an extreme group.

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »

You could rearrange the title of this thread any number of ways, and I wouldn't have doubted the validity of it...

Baptist Lady on Crazy Tyra Bank's Show
Crazy Tyra Banks of Baptist Lady's Show
Tyra Banks Crazy on Baptist Lady's Show
Baptist Lady's Show on Crazy Tyra Banks
Etc...

Wink

True!

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: