OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 10:00:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sirus-XM to "Consoladate" Christian Channels  (Read 848 times) Average Rating: 0
Marc1152
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« on: November 22, 2010, 12:11:52 PM »

Right now there are three Christian channels on Sirus-XM, "The Catholic channel", "EWTN" and "Familynet" ( or something close to that name, It's a Protestant Channel) .

The Protestant Channel is going off and they say all Christian Channels are to be "Consolidated". Does anyone know what that means exactly?

The Catholic channel is a little goofy but better than the usual dreck. EWTN is what it is. They rebroadcast the audio of TV shows like Mitch Pacwa, and The Journey Home etc.and also have some original shows like "Deep in Scripture" and a good Book Review Show.

The Protestant Channel has one show with a snarky Protestant Apologist which is fun to listen to in a perverse way. Once in awhile you can hear a stem winder sermon...if you're in the mood.

I'd hate to see any of these go or be cut back into one shared channel. Does anyone here know more? 

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:58:01 PM »

The XM religious channels I get are Praise, which is Protestant gospel choir music, the Catholic channel, and the Family channel, which is the one with the Protestant preaching and talk shows. I haven't heard that announcement yet, but I was secretly wishing they'd add Ancient Faith Radio to the list. Guess I'll have to keep listening to AFR the usual way.   Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »

The XM religious channels I get are Praise, which is Protestant gospel choir music, the Catholic channel, and the Family channel, which is the one with the Protestant preaching and talk shows. I haven't heard that announcement yet, but I was secretly wishing they'd add Ancient Faith Radio to the list. Guess I'll have to keep listening to AFR the usual way.   Smiley

I actually wrote AFR a little over a month ago about them on XM. They told me the have no plans to pursue that market and will focus on Internet radio.

I'm going to need this.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 09:07:45 PM »

Okay, then. At least there's still AFR online.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 09:08:29 PM »

Marc, listen to podcasts, tons of amazing podcasts. By the way, you can most of the past book review episodes (and their other episodes) in the ETWN website, I have many reviews I want to listen too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:09:30 PM by Rafa999 » Logged

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »

Marc, listen to podcasts, tons of amazing podcasts. By the way, you can most of the past book review episodes (and their other episodes) in the ETWN website, I have many reviews I want to listen too.

Not in the car I can't. Sirus is amazing. I don't get it in my home. Car Subscription only.

Family net is definitely going off the Air. I just hope they leave EWTN alone..

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »

Not in the car I can't. Sirus is amazing. I don't get it in my home. Car Subscription only.

I was actually suprised when I saw how many EO's watch/listen to EWTN.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »

Who wasn't down with Mother Angelica back in the day?  Besides ialmisry and stashko I mean...  police

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »

Catholic Apologetics when dealing with Protestants is often very good. I know little of Protestantism so the show "Journey Home" which features guests who have converted to the RCC has been very instructive for me. I always used to ask: " What is a Methodist and What in the World is the "Method"? However, they do a terrible job when dealing with the Orthodox, so EWTN is a mixed bag. I would just rather listen to them in the car than music or news most times.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: