Author Topic: Stuff White People Like  (Read 9567 times)

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
Stuff White People Like
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
A couple of our threads lately have come across as centered in Yuppie/Hipster culture, they reminded me of a blog turned book I was introduced to a few months back, Stuff White People Like:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like/

The book is here, though I haven't read it:

http://www.amazon.com/Stuff-White-People-Like-Definitive/dp/0812979915/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290291296&sr=8-1

Marathons, Art Degrees, and Expensive Sandwiches are some some pretty good ones to start out with; San Francisco, Moleskine Notebooks, and Picking Their Own Fruit are also some good reads!

Offline FormerReformer

• Convertodox of the convertodox
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
    • Music and Orthodoxy
  • Faith: Convertodox
  • Jurisdiction: Netodoxy
Re: Stuff White People Like
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
I checked it out once.  There was just something too meta and ironic in that pretentious hipster post-modern sorta way about a website only white people would read that made fun of white people liking stuff, almost as if it were a penance all that guilt over the white man's burden.  Plus, the people that use the term "SWPL" and then link to the blog tend to be white people (what type of white people I would be out of line saying, but "mom, have you ever had those times when you feel 'not so fresh'?"). 
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!

Offline Ionnis

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »
"Stuff White People Like" is a favorite of the Yuppie/Hipster culture. 
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
I hadn't seen the site before. Since I'm a white person and learning a language at the moment, #115 (Promising to Learn a New Language) caught my eye. *shrugs* Some of it was mildly amusing. As funny as most of the jokes on sitcoms, anyway.  :)

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:27 PM »
I checked it out once.  There was just something too meta and ironic in that pretentious hipster post-modern sorta way about a website only white people would read that made fun of white people liking stuff, almost as if it were a penance all that guilt over the white man's burden.  Plus, the people that use the term "SWPL" and then link to the blog tend to be white people (what type of white people I would be out of line saying, but "mom, have you ever had those times when you feel 'not so fresh'?"). 

I guess I don't see where you're coming from, I viewed it as mocking a class of people I have always hated with a passion and I assumed nearly everyone else did to. These are anti-capitalists who never hunt or fish, they don't own guns, and don't like moonshine...in short, people with no redeeming value whatsoever.

Offline FormerReformer

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
    • Music and Orthodoxy
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »

I guess I don't see where you're coming from, I viewed it as mocking a class of people I have always hated with a passion and I assumed nearly everyone else did to. These are anti-capitalists who never hunt or fish, they don't own guns, and don't like moonshine...in short, people with no redeeming value whatsoever.

Hmmm, I could see why we're at cross-purposes, as I'm not too wild about capitalism (but less wild about communism), I've never been hunting (and haven't been fishing since I was a kid), and don't own a gun (until recently I lived in Chicago where the ownership of a hand gun was illegal). 

I don't get how people who like microbrew beer, wine, and obscure liquors could be anti-moonshine, though, you'd think that'd be the next thing on the list to break out into the "cool crowd".  I mean, DIY music is cool, DIY beer is cool, so DIY liquor must be cool, right?  Then again maybe it's just the fact that moonshine violates liquor taxes, and lets face it, hipsters love taxes.

I tend to be careful with mocking classes of people, though.  It's all well and good to say that certain people have no redeeming value whatsoever, but... well, who does these days?
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
I daily thank God that He hath not made me White  ;)
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:30 PM »

Hmmm, I could see why we're at cross-purposes, as I'm not too wild about capitalism (but less wild about communism), I've never been hunting (and haven't been fishing since I was a kid), and don't own a gun (until recently I lived in Chicago where the ownership of a hand gun was illegal). 

Well...now ALL the guns you have don't have to be legal, do they? I'm sure most people have one or two guns that aren't technically legal to own. And I say technically because I think the Second Amendment is the only relevant law on this matter...even if the Department of Justice disagrees from time to time. ;)

I don't know where you're living now, but were you in Chicago I'd consider getting you in touch with a friend of mine in Wisconsin who hunts...then again, maybe I should wait a few months until that whole poaching trial thing is cleared up, one way or the other.

I don't get how people who like microbrew beer, wine, and obscure liquors could be anti-moonshine, though, you'd think that'd be the next thing on the list to break out into the "cool crowd".  I mean, DIY music is cool, DIY beer is cool, so DIY liquor must be cool, right?  Then again maybe it's just the fact that moonshine violates liquor taxes, and lets face it, hipsters love taxes.

It's logical, but I think you have a point, these seem to be the type of white people who are afraid of breaking the law, not exactly the kind of people I'm used to, but they seem to be genuinely afraid of going to jail, not that you will for making moonshine for personal use...kinda funny. Also, I think that the fact that if you mess up on moonshine, the result can be poisonous turns a bit of these kind of people off, they like do it yourself, but only if it's easy...moonshining is a genuine chemistry experiment. But I have to admit, even I only know two people who make moonshine, just not good enough money in it...meth chemists are the new moonshiners and I know more than a couple of them...

I tend to be careful with mocking classes of people, though.  It's all well and good to say that certain people have no redeeming value whatsoever, but... well, who does these days?

Fair point...

Offline AMM

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
Lots of the stereotypes are true.  But the fact that you can have a book like this about one group full of stereotypes, and not have everybody and their brother up in arms about it, reveals a double standard in our society.  Imagine a "Stuff XYZ people like" and insert any other group.  CNN would have a field day.

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »
Lots of the stereotypes are true.  But the fact that you can have a book like this about one group full of stereotypes, and not have everybody and their brother up in arms about it, reveals a double standard in our society.  Imagine a "Stuff XYZ people like" and insert any other group.  CNN would have a field day.

Well, perhaps that's one good thing that can be said about these 'white people', along with we rednecks Jeff Foxworthy already made the butt of his jokes...we're not insecure ;)

Of course, I have Asian friends who have shown me similar things about other Asians and even their own people, they are aware of the stereotypes and enjoy having fun with them. Of course, these are also the two races that have been objectively demonstrated to have higher IQ's...maybe there's a correlation?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »
I'm white, and I don't like a lot of that stuff.  ???
My only weakness is, well, never mind

He said he had a horrible house
I looked in it and learnt to shut my mouth

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
Lots of the stereotypes are true.  But the fact that you can have a book like this about one group full of stereotypes, and not have everybody and their brother up in arms about it, reveals a double standard in our society.  Imagine a "Stuff XYZ people like" and insert any other group.  CNN would have a field day.

Lol, I can just imagine...

Stuff Black People Like:
Fried chicken
Watermelon
White girls with big butts
Naming Children by adding slight modifications to an already unique name (e.g. treyzel, trayzel, trayzell, tra'zel, treyz'l, tre'zell, etc.)
Etc.

I wonder how long that site would last  ;D

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
I'm white, and I don't like a lot of that stuff.  ???

That just means you're the 'wrong kind of white person'...see 'Camping'.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
The thing about it is that it's not "stuff white people like"; it's "stuff hipsters like" and the majority of "whites" are not hipsters. A very telling example they give is "Hating Ed Hardy." Most of the people I've seen in Ed Hardy shirts are white people.

I do enjoy making fun of hipsters but hipsters, with their fetish for irony, like to do it too. Actually the guy who runs the SWPL site strikes me as a hipster himself.
Radiates, vegetables, monstrosities, star spawn— whatever they had been, they were men!
- Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »
Lots of the stereotypes are true.  But the fact that you can have a book like this about one group full of stereotypes, and not have everybody and their brother up in arms about it, reveals a double standard in our society.  Imagine a "Stuff XYZ people like" and insert any other group.  CNN would have a field day.

Lol, I can just imagine...

Stuff Black People Like:
Fried chicken
Watermelon
White girls with big butts
Naming Children by adding slight modifications to an already unique name (e.g. treyzel, trayzel, trayzell, tra'zel, treyz'l, tre'zell, etc.)
Etc.

I wonder how long that site would last  ;D

Oh, the site would last...but unlike the 'Stuff White People Like' site, it would have never got a book deal from a reputable publisher. ;)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:55:59 PM by GiC »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »
Quote from: GiC
I'm sure most people have one or two guns that aren't technically legal to own.

Do what?

??? 

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 08:55:56 PM »

Apparently. And I don't go camping.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
Uh oh...

These are anti-capitalists who never hunt or fish, they don't own guns, and don't like moonshine...in short, people with no redeeming value whatsoever.

I find hunting to be boring, fishing to be even more boring, I don't drink anymore, and I sold or gave away all of my guns. Come to think of it, why do I like Western Pennsylvania so much? Hunting, fishing, guns and booze are pretty much the defining characteristics of a meaningful life around here.  ??? :P

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubV3t9_CwDc

Mayo is a heinous invention.

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
I'm sure most people have one or two guns that aren't technically legal to own.

Do what?

??? 

They way laws are written these days who knows what's legal and what's not. Your best bet is just to keep the fuzz away from your house and not worry about such details as what constitutes an 'assault' or 'automatic' weapon.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »

Apparently. And I don't go camping.

You seem to have #101 down pat ;)

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
Uh oh...

These are anti-capitalists who never hunt or fish, they don't own guns, and don't like moonshine...in short, people with no redeeming value whatsoever.

I find hunting to be boring, fishing to be even more boring, I don't drink anymore, and I sold or gave away all of my guns. Come to think of it, why do I like Western Pennsylvania so much? Hunting, fishing, guns and booze are pretty much the defining characteristics of a meaningful life around here.  ??? :P

Well I don't know what to say Asteriktos, other than guns, hunting, fishing, and moonshine....the only other thing that makes life worth living is...being unable to use the proper 'four lettered' term around here...fornicating. Hope you're at least getting plenty of that in. ;)

Offline coptic orthodox boy

• High Elder
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:05 PM »
"White girls with big butts" LMAO

Offline AMM

• Archon
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
The thing about it is that it's not "stuff white people like"; it's "stuff hipsters like" and the majority of "whites" are not hipsters.

It's not completely about hipsters.  A big part of being a hipster is disliking other hipsters.  Not all SWPL live that way.  Hipsters also wouldn't wear fleece vests and Keen clogs for instance.  Whole Foods is certainly a good place to catch some major SWPL watching.

This is a focused list.  Hockey is not on there for a reason.

#2 is very funny
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:08:51 PM by AMM »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »
They way laws are written these days who knows what's legal and what's not. Your best bet is just to keep the fuzz away from your house and not worry about such details as what constitutes an 'assault' or 'automatic' weapon.

Well, I don't have any, so I don't have to worry about the distinction. I wouldn't want to get around the law anyway. It's not as if I'm worried about the police seeing something in my house.  ???

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 01:04:44 AM »

Funniest damn thing I've all day! Literally LOL'd! :D :D
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 01:21:49 AM »

Say what? I thought Eastern Europeans were white.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline GregoryLA

• Elder
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 03:30:52 AM »
Clearly you don't know hipsters (which was immediately evident when I saw this thread wasn't from two or three years ago). Hipsters most definitely like moonshine and handguns depend upon your type of hipster- as does hunting and fishing.

I have to say, GiC, I think you should reconsider being a hipster yourself. All this time I thought you were a hipster. Now you just strike me as a misanthrope likely to belong to a militia.

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
Clearly you don't know hipsters (which was immediately evident when I saw this thread wasn't from two or three years ago). Hipsters most definitely like moonshine and handguns depend upon your type of hipster- as does hunting and fishing.

I have a hard time believing that people who grew up in the hills with a gun in their hands since they were 2 years old could turn out like these yuppie's this website talks about. No, those are city folks who ain't ever seen real life.

I have to say, GiC, I think you should reconsider being a hipster yourself. All this time I thought you were a hipster. Now you just strike me as a misanthrope likely to belong to a militia.

I am a misanthrope, and as a male Citizen of the United States between the age of 17 and 45, I guess I am a member of the militia under US Law. Glad we finally got that straitened out.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »

There are whites and whites ::)

"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

"Whiteness" is not entirely about skin colour. There is really no objective way to define who is or isn't "white." The concept of who is or isn't "white" shifts according to time and place.
Radiates, vegetables, monstrosities, star spawn— whatever they had been, they were men!
- Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »

"Whiteness" is not entirely about skin colour. There is really no objective way to define who is or isn't "white." The concept of who is or isn't "white" shifts according to time and place.
Exactly. "Whitness" hasn't been bestowed on Eastern Europeans yet.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:53 AM »
^^Something for me to think about, I guess.  Anyway, I didn't mean any disrespect, prieten.  :)

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

.sig worthy

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
Exactly. "Whitness" hasn't been bestowed on Eastern Europeans yet.

According to the KKK, a few decades ago, Greeks weren't white.
How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 04:09:57 PM »
Some people are not as "white" as they might think.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline tuesdayschild

• OC.net guru
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 04:45:17 PM »

Well, perhaps, but...
The company that did the sequencing claims that each base was read an average of 7.4 times, but Kari Stefansson, whose company assessed Watson's heritage, says he found enough errors in the public genome to have doubts about whether the 16 percent figure will hold up. For example, he says there are places where it appears that Watson has two X chromosomes, which would make him a woman.
http://www.slate.com/id/2180067/

Offline Cognomen

• Ungrateful Biped
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Wanderer, but Antioch and All the East
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:10 PM »

I do enjoy making fun of hipsters but hipsters, with their fetish for irony, like to do it too. Actually the guy who runs the SWPL site strikes me as a hipster himself.

Much like Chavs and Neds in Britain, Hipsters are slow to self-identify as such, but spend a great deal of time pointing out other Hipsters. 

Of course, the similarities end there, as you aren't likely to be stabbed by a 13 year old Hipster in a track suit.
If anything I have posted has been illuminating, please remember that I merely reflect the light of others...but also it's me.

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »

Well, perhaps, but...
The company that did the sequencing claims that each base was read an average of 7.4 times, but Kari Stefansson, whose company assessed Watson's heritage, says he found enough errors in the public genome to have doubts about whether the 16 percent figure will hold up. For example, he says there are places where it appears that Watson has two X chromosomes, which would make him a woman.
http://www.slate.com/id/2180067/
Jim Watson's case is particularly ironic, given his statements about intelligence and race; and the genetic analysis of Watson may leave something to be desired, but we do know that many "Blacks" in America have historically passed for "white", and their living "white" descendants may not know the details of their own history. Dr. James McCune Smith is a particularly interesting case. Father Patrick Healy was "white" enough to become president in 1874 of Georgetown University, the largest Catholic college in America at the time, though few were aware that though his father was Irish, his mother was African-American, a former slave in fact.
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
I am a white person (a Caucasian), but, as a first-generation American, have no clue about most of the items in the list. Count me as a Black.  :P
Love never fails.

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »
Although I did start drinking coffee at the age of 11 (and hated it before the addiction set in), I am very open about not liking Obama (which I've gotten my fair share of grief over) 

I am white.  I am proud to be 1/4 German, 1/8 Polish, 1/8 Ukrainian, 1/4 Slovak, and 1/4 Welsh.  I am also proud that my great-grandparents from all of these different countries dragged their families to the US, to eventually mix and make me :-)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:19:02 PM by trevor72694 »

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 07:33:53 PM »
You never know what race you might have mixed in you.  I have a friend who's Egyptian and we grew up together since we were little kids.  Recently, his sister had genetic ancestry testing done, and he found out that he actually has some Asian ancestry in him.  I told him that makes so much sense, because we made fun of him as a little kid that he looked like an Indian while having the thin body of an East Asian.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »
I'm Hispanic, errrr... maybe Mexican... errr... Spanish.... yeah, that's it... Spanish.... or Latino, or something.... My Grandparents spoke spanich and I eat Chile (never chili). But heck, I like coffee just as much as white people do.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 04:34:33 AM »
I like 27 of those 134.

The government defines me as white.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
I thought of this thread when I watched this video recently...

Offline samkim

• High Elder
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »
Stuff Christians like. At least Evangelicals:

http://stuffchristianslike.net/
주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.

Offline FormerReformer

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
    • Music and Orthodoxy
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 08:58:50 PM »

Offline Saint Iaint

• This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
  • High Elder
  • The Truth Shall Be Reviled
    • Christ Conquers
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2011, 12:05:38 AM »
From the Stuff White Christians Like website:

"We wouldn't dream of blogging on the Sabbath, so we plan to publish a new post every Saturday night at 11:59 p.m. CST."

Ha,

†IC XC†
†NI KA†
Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.