OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 01:47:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stealing another's breath/energy  (Read 2993 times) Average Rating: 0
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »

Not to defend SRD, but I have to object to the assumption that, if it's not explicable by Western modern medicine, then it must be a) demons or b) psychological problems. That is indeed very small-minded.

I never said that's all it could be. It's just the only explanations I am able to give. I find the alternatives highly unlikely, albeit let us know if you discover a new theory of physics.

No need. Indian and Chinese healers have been dealing with energy-related illnesses for a long time already. Is it substantiated by modern physics? Can you prove the existence of the colour blue using only the sense of touch?

Oh well. I always assumed that Eastern medicine was based on stimulating the nervous system in a controlled manner, but I can't comment on this any further.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2010, 02:27:26 PM »

It's probably true that faith is very personal.

Of course, it is.

Why can't you learn faith from listening to someone else? Because you find God, through God, alone.

If you try to reduce God to science, you'll miss him. It like trying to find the stars by looking at your feet.

I'm going to need this.
finbar
Finbar

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antiochian

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »

SRD You have a problem, you decribe it in some detail. No one discounts it. You choose ask about it at an orthodox forum. You get sincere answers, which you largely reject.
Do you believe Good exists in the world? If you do then most assuredly evil does too and it is active.
Try and not to be so 'laconic' about it, there may be something negative happening to you  and the best way to combat that is to seek help from Orthodoxy which has never forgotten that this world is in a state of spiritual warfare, ie good vs evil to simplify it. Evil will encourage you to dismiss all we say. Go to where the forces of Good are gathered and see an Orthodox  priest and explain what you are experiencing. He will not reject you. But if you are just doing this to make fools of us, you might ask what has motivated you to mock and waste the time of people who wish you well....and that force will not be a force of good. think about it. By the way, the first weapon of evil is to try and convince humanity that it does not exist....In Biblical times Satan was called and still is ' The father of lies ' . Good luck and God Bless.

"Nothing troubles the man who is given over to the will of God.....He knows that the Lord in His mercy is solicitous for us.....But the proud and the self-willed do not want to surrender to God's will.." St Siluan the Athonite
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »

It sounds to me like you're hallucinating.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »

If your Experiencing a supernatural power that can't be explained, plus as you put it steals anothers breath/energy away ,that alone should wake you up to the spiritual realm,,God gives Life, Satan takes...Chose who your going to serve as Christ puts it...Light or Darkness...

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
sainthieu
Abstractor of the Quintessence
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2010, 11:45:47 PM »

SRD sounds suspiciously like TryingToConvert.
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 01:34:11 AM »

SRD sounds suspiciously like TryingToConvert.

Maybe he, SRD, Swami, and Alfred are all the same person! Shocked
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »

LOL - if that's true it would actually be kind of cool.  (In a 'Sybil' sort of way. Wink )

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2010, 04:51:20 AM »

Quote from: SRD
Out of all the infinite possibilities, in an infinite universe, still inadequately understood by humankind, the only thing you can come up with is a demon?  Isn't that a little small-minded?  Isn't that called religious dogma?

What is the title of this website?
Lol; I nominate this for the possibly shortest ever post of the month ;-)

"No dogma" is a dogma.

Silly Stars
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »

I am writing to see if you can shed some light on something that confounds my rational mind.

It is to do with taking energy from other people. It happens to me several times a week. It involves a feeling of an energy vacuum or hole appearing in my chest, and a corresponding gain of energy from the nearest person. This usually results in them taking a sudden intake of breath, or suddenly coughing. It starts as an unconscious process (I can never initiate it myself), where the energy vacuum appears in my chest, but continues as a conscious process, where I choose to continue with this 'grab' of energy.

So, in effect, I can cause people to lose their breath, and breath in suddenly, or suddenly cough, all because of this channel that occurs.

I have tried searching Google for any clues to see what this, and have only found a website about energy vampires. That website wasn't accurately describing what happens for me.

This phenomenon can't be interpreted through physics or science, which is why I am writing to you, to see if you can explain what is happening, why it is happening, and to point me in the right direction to learn more about things which can't be described by the rational mind and science.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

So you can conciously continue to 'drain energy' from other people? Do you choose to do so typically? Does this feel like it gives you energy or strength when you do so? Have you ever noticed this effect on animals as well (e.g. dogs)?
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: