OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 02:43:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imagery Inside the Sanctuary  (Read 772 times) Average Rating: 0
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« on: November 19, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »

Most of the innovations of the "World Orthodox", such as the calendar, pews, organs, shorter services, and trying to find legitimacy among

There are some people who even dare place imagery inside the Holy Sanctuary where our focus should be on Christ in the Eucharist not created man made things! Can you understand them ? They also refuse to apologize for their mass murder/genocide of Croats, Jews who remember the "saintly" progroms of "Holy orthodoxy" by "Saint" Nicholas II and others, Bosnians dumped in mass graves, all catholics and other non-"orthodox" minorities (ie: like the Eastern Church of Persia which our Lord's relatives presided over, which was persecuted for refusing to believe in gross heresy in ancient times, not believing that a harlot who married a western emperor had the right to usurp the authority to tell the Church what to believe in and fund heretics and create her own church outside Byzantium until the ishmaelites later on  put an end this false missionary work). And they refuse to apologize for the theft of our Holy texts to create their  forgeries. The schismatics even changed how a Cross looks like, we have no tradition of this figure they draw which opposes the actual Cross!  How dare they, enemies of the Cross (Phillipians 3:18-19) ! One would think from time to time these people worship another Christ, another Messiah, God help them return to the truth...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:34:52 PM by Rafa999 » Logged

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »

OK, I apologize for this post which divides the Church. No love in it.

1) Nobody "stole" anything (schisms are something different and people disagree...that's life)
2) I apologize for insinuating evil about an Orthodox Saint (not a Saint in the ACOE, Rome,etc. but I apologize) and the Czar and others like Orthodox in Bosnia.
3) A Cross is a Cross, ACOE also uses a Mar Thoma Cross which is not strictly speaking the Latin design does not make it "enemy of the Cross".
4) Icons are allowed in the ACOE (but not in sanctuary) so I am not anti-iconography actually.

No love in that post I apologize and wish I could remove this, rescind this, I do in any way. Sorry for the division.

stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »

Most of the innovations of the "World Orthodox", such as the calendar, pews, organs, shorter services, and trying to find legitimacy among

There are some people who even dare place imagery inside the Holy Sanctuary where our focus should be on Christ in the Eucharist not created man made things! Can you understand them ? They also refuse to apologize for their mass murder/genocide of Croats, Jews who remember the "saintly" progroms of "Holy orthodoxy" by "Saint" Nicholas II and others, Bosnians dumped in mass graves, all catholics and other non-"orthodox" minorities (ie: like the Eastern Church of Persia which our Lord's relatives presided over, which was persecuted for refusing to believe in gross heresy in ancient times, not believing that a harlot who married a western emperor had the right to usurp the authority to tell the Church what to believe in and fund heretics and create her own church outside Byzantium until the ishmaelites later on  put an end this false missionary work). And they refuse to apologize for the theft of our Holy texts to create their  forgeries. The schismatics even changed how a Cross looks like, we have no tradition of this figure they draw which opposes the actual Cross!  How dare they, enemies of the Cross (Phillipians 3:18-19) ! One would think from time to time these people worship another Christ, another Messiah, God help them return to the truth...
I have heard about the mass murder of Serbs and Jasenovac, but i haven't heard too much about mass murder of Croatians. When exactly did this occur? There was an incident at Bleiburg, I think, but there is controversy about who and about the number of people killed there. Did you have this in mind, or something else?
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »

4) Icons are allowed in the ACOE (but not in sanctuary) so I am not anti-iconography actually.

All Christian groups allow icons, at least I have yet to encounter one that does not. The issue becomes more pronounced when you mention the kissing of and bowing before images, because I think this is generally foreign to the Western Christian tradition. What about with ACOE?
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »

ACOE allows icons, but not inside Sanctuary since they distracts and other things. Not that it removes icons or crucifixes from people carrying them obviously, but the priest should only bring the "icon above" (yuqna da-l'el) namely the name of God above the altar. Outside there are tons of icons though. I think the Church hierarchy has informally accepted that iconography can serve as a tool for the real presence, the decision to have  a common area for icons came recently after careful meticulous study of this issue with others in the OC and RCC of this phenomenon. I have many icons. I honestly have a very hard time praying to a crucifix it just distracts me a'lot.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:28:49 PM by Rafa999 » Logged

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: