OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 05:41:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bible = the tree of the knowledge of good and evil () Jesus = tree of life  (Read 1800 times) Average Rating: 0
Michael111

OC.net

« on: March 30, 2004, 01:52:16 PM »

The bible

It is a book containing the knowledge of good and evil.

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the bible is the knowledge of good and evil. The bible is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Ritualistic animal sacrifices, ceremonies incorporating the blood of dead animals, superstitious numbers, curses, evil spirits, dark prophecies... all in the bible.

Plotting, conspiracy, mass-murder, betrayal, genocide, slavery, suffering, wars... all in the bible.

A book is not 'Holy' if it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons...

It is darkness. It is contaminated. It is unclean. It is poison.

Religion is the church of the poison mind. Minds poisoned by the knowledge of evil. People are deceived by religion.

The kingdom of God is within us all. Not within the pages of a book containing the knowledge of evil. I have recently shut it for good. I will not touch, nor taste of it again.

Because of Jesus Christ, I'm back in the land of the living. I've torn off my fig-leaf, and am returning to Eden. I am who God made me to be. The shame, guilt, and confusion is past-tense.

Thank You Jesus.

The Tree of Life = Jesus Christ

Eat freely from this tree and be saved.

------------------------

"Imagine" - John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Jesus is the answer!

Michael111

NULL
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 02:25:48 PM »

Wasn't John Lennon some type of Hindu or Eastern Religion sympathizer?

anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 02:27:18 PM »

Michael111:

Jesus established the Orthodox Church.  The Orthodox Church authored the Bible. Hence, the Bible can not be poison Smiley

In all seriousness, though, the person of Jesus Christ can only be known through the Biblical accounts of him, and what is presented in the Gospels is already theologically edited to present the Crucified and Exulted Lord who is King over the Universe while suffering as a servant.  You can't extricate Jesus from the Passion (that's why the Gnostic gospels were never accepted).

anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
neworthodox

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 04:45:20 PM »

I'm sorry. Wha......Huh? Huh
theodore

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 05:56:06 PM »

The Dictionary

It is a book containing the knowledge of good and evil.

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the dictionary is the knowledge of good and evil. The dictionary is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Ritualistic, animal,  sacrifices, ceremonies, incorporating, the, blood, of, dead, animals, superstitious, numbers, curses, evil,  spirits, dark, prophecies... all are words in the dictionary.

Plotting, conspiracy, mass-murder, betrayal, genocide, slavery, suffering, wars... all are words in the dictionary.

A book is not 'Holy' if it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons...

It is darkness. It is contaminated. It is unclean. It is poison.

Language is the church of the poison mind. Minds poisoned by the knowledge of evil. People are deceived by language.

The kingdom of God is within us all. Not within the pages of a book containing the knowledge of evil. I have recently shut it for good. I will not touch, nor taste of it again.  So pleeze exkuse me if my speling isn't so good anymoor.  

Because I've gotten rid of the dictionary, I'm back in the land of the living. I've torn off my fig-leaf, and am now fighting a public indecency charge. I am who I have decided to become... flakey! The shame, guilt, and confusion is past-tense.

Thank You Michael111

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"In Heaven There is No Beer" - Czech melody

In heaven there is no beer (no beer!)
That's why we drink it here
And when we are gone from here
Our friends will be drinking all the beer

In heaven there is no wine (no wine!)
So we drink till we feel fine
And when we leave this all behind
Our friends will be drinking all the wine

In heaven there is no fear (no fear?)
So we worry too much here
And we drink ourselves full of beer
To help us when we deal with the fear

In heaven there are no drugs (no drugs!)
It's why we hang with thugs
And when the lord pulls the plug
All the thugs will still be selling drugs

In heaven there is no sex (oh, no!)
So let's do that next
And when our muscles no longer flex
Someone else will be having sex

In heaven there are no wars (no wars)
Or cars or movie stars
And when we no longer are
The world will probably still be having wars

Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 08:01:06 PM »

theodore: LOL  Grin

hmmmm...
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 03:05:49 AM »

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the bible is the knowledge of good and evil. The bible is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Dear Michael111,
the sacred texts of the bible were long transmitted orally and when they were first written down, it was on animal skins and papyrus, not paper. It was not until around the 14th century that wood pulp was used in place of fabric fibre in paper production (though Korea and Japan were using wood pulp from mulberry trees in the 7th century, they weren't printing bibles). You have been misled by the devil and your soul is in great danger.

John.
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 11:56:18 AM »

Hrmm... I've seen the OP posting this exact same spiel (or something similar to it) on many other message boards.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 12:06:54 PM »

Imagine no possessions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

I always found that stanza rather curious.

Imagine no possessions?

Wasn't John Lennon filthy rich?

Ptooey! (That's the sound of me spitting.)

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: