OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 09:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need a job... bad  (Read 1102 times) Average Rating: 0
JLatimer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: November 12, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »

Please pray for me that I will be able to find steady employment. Thanks.

1 Samuel 25:22 (KJV)
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »

Praying for you. I am in the same situation.

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

Lord, have mercy on Your servants JLatimer and biro, who are both in need of employment!

...keep knocking...the door will eventually open.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:09:34 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »

Molitve ,Prayers....

Lord Have Mercy , Amen Amen....

Lord have Mercy !,Please Guide The Steps Of JLatimer and biro
In Finding Good Jobs .....Amen Amen

Prayers To The Most Holy And Blessed Theotokos ,
Please Help ,  For Anyone Seeking Refuge and
Help is Never Turned Away..Amen Amen

Slava I Hvala Gospodu Bogu Nasem, Amin Amin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
JLatimer
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:05:32 PM »

Praying for you. I am in the same situation.

Lord, have mercy.

Thank you for your prayers. Praying for you, too. Lord, have mercy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:06:52 PM by JLatimer » Logged

So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
Father Peter
Archon

Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »

May the Lord have mercy on you both.

The Lord knows what you need.

My congregation is gathering for prayer at the beginning of the Advent Fast tonight and we will pray for you both.

God bless,

Father Peter

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »

Thank you.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »

O Holy Saint Xenia of Saint Petersburg pray to God for us!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 02:56:20 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 03:32:54 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Let me give you some advice from my own experience dealing with all this..

Many many many hard working, responsible men and women, who are quite accustomed to taking care of themselves and their families, are out of work.  This is the WILL of God.  What is He doing exactly?

Well, we used to define our success as to how well we took care of ourselves and our families financially.  How much we were able to provide for theirs and our own needs.  BUT now, God is changing things, as He has done often before in cycles and patterns.

Today, even multimillion dollar executives are begging for part-time, minimum wage paying jobs! It literally does not make any sense, but as my priest explained to me, that God most often operates in those ways which make the least sense, and that is most often a sign that it is God alone working in our midst, when the things that occur make little or no sense to ourselves. 

Today, it seems to me, that God has redefined success.  It is no longer monetary, or how much labor and effort we put into jobs or making money.  Success now is how much spiritual, emotional, psychological support do we give to our families and friends? How much time do we invest in these things? Money is irrelevant now, lots of people can not find it.  Now we must reevaluate our measure of success.  Are we praying enough for and with our families? Are we listening to their bad days in the spirit of consolation? Are we laughing and singing with them? Is the smile we meet the people on the street with bright enough the shine through any dark day?

Don't fret the money, God feeds even the lowly birds, seek ye first the kingdom! It is hard, day to day it gets harder ( from my own experience btw) but this what God is asking us as men and women to do.  To become not monetarily successful and providers of money and physical support for our families, but to provide spiritual and emotional support, and to remember that this is as important and as successful as any dollar figure!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
JLatimer
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Let me give you some advice from my own experience dealing with all this..

Many many many hard working, responsible men and women, who are quite accustomed to taking care of themselves and their families, are out of work.  This is the WILL of God.  What is He doing exactly?

Well, we used to define our success as to how well we took care of ourselves and our families financially.  How much we were able to provide for theirs and our own needs.  BUT now, God is changing things, as He has done often before in cycles and patterns.

Today, even multimillion dollar executives are begging for part-time, minimum wage paying jobs! It literally does not make any sense, but as my priest explained to me, that God most often operates in those ways which make the least sense, and that is most often a sign that it is God alone working in our midst, when the things that occur make little or no sense to ourselves. 

Today, it seems to me, that God has redefined success.  It is no longer monetary, or how much labor and effort we put into jobs or making money.  Success now is how much spiritual, emotional, psychological support do we give to our families and friends? How much time do we invest in these things? Money is irrelevant now, lots of people can not find it.  Now we must reevaluate our measure of success.  Are we praying enough for and with our families? Are we listening to their bad days in the spirit of consolation? Are we laughing and singing with them? Is the smile we meet the people on the street with bright enough the shine through any dark day?

Don't fret the money, God feeds even the lowly birds, seek ye first the kingdom! It is hard, day to day it gets harder ( from my own experience btw) but this what God is asking us as men and women to do.  To become not monetarily successful and providers of money and physical support for our families, but to provide spiritual and emotional support, and to remember that this is as important and as successful as any dollar figure!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Yes, you are right. While I am unemployed I am trying to see it as an opportunity and a blessing. Please pray for me also for this "spiritual success" you have described.

Thank you all for your prayers.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »

Yes, you are right. While I am unemployed I am trying to see it as an opportunity and a blessing. Please pray for me also for this "spiritual success" you have described.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Greetings in the Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Indeed, I will pray for you and me both! These economic catastrophes, since the days of our father Jacob in Egypt, have always been trying times for the soul, but God is good.  He said through the prophet Amos, "And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered. So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water." This is to say that the Lord brings rain into one person's harvest and not another so that the people must draw together to get the resources they need, and not each on his own.  If we come together, we shall share in each others' mutual harvests in the Lord!
stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Brigidsboy
Elder

Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »

I am in the exact same position. I will pray for you.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 10:03:15 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
ChristusDominus
High Elder

Faith: Latin Rite

Saint Aloysius Gonzaga

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 10:31:45 PM »

Kyrie eleison

There is no more evident sign that anyone is a saint and of the number of the elect, than to see him leading a good life and at the same time a prey to desolation, suffering, and trials. - Saint Aloysius Gonzaga
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:22 PM »

Lord have mercy!

JLatimer
OC.net guru

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »

I prayed to Blessed Xenia of St. Petersburg for help finding a job and the very next morning what do I wake up to in my email inbox? A job I applied for wants to interview me this Monday!

Thank you, O Holy Blessed Xenia, and thank you all for all your prayers!

Please pray that this interview will go well.

In Christ,

James
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:43:07 PM by JLatimer » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »

Molitve.....
Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen
In Christ ,That everything Goes Well...Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »

Great news!

Will pray that the interview goes well, that they love you and find you to be the exact match to the job they are interviewing for!

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

spcasuncoast.org
JLatimer
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 05:29:03 PM »

Glory to God! It looks like I'm getting a job! Thank you all so much for your prayers! I especially want everyone to know how awesome St. Xenia is! God is wondrous in His saints, the God of Israel!

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 08:02:49 PM »

I am in the exact same position. I will pray for you.

Lord Have Mercy ...Bless Oh Lord All Seeking Employment...Amen Amen
Prayers to our Most Blessed Mother Of God, Please Help ....Amen Amen
    In Faith we Ask , in Faith we recieve... Amen Amen
 Glory and Thanks be to thee Oh Lord ,Forever and Ever, ...Amen Amen

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 03:21:58 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
JLatimer
OC.net guru

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 04:08:45 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

LizaSymonenko
Global Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »

Smiley

So glad to hear the good news!

Glory be to God!

—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: