Author Topic: Liquid fast  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
Liquid fast
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
Anyone ever done one?  I'm planning on doing a small week-long one at the beginning of the (new calendar) Fast next week to help get me in the mood and shrink my stomach somewhat.  My sustenance will consist mostly of vegetable broth with a some fruit smoothies to balance things out.  I've been reading about them but most of the material is either from "spiritual not religious" people or just plain atheist. 
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline dattaswami

• High Elder
Re: Liquid fast
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:37:43 AM »
Anyone ever done one?  I'm planning on doing a small week-long one at the beginning of the (new calendar) Fast next week to help get me in the mood and shrink my stomach somewhat.  My sustenance will consist mostly of vegetable broth with a some fruit smoothies to balance things out.  I've been reading about them but most of the material is either from "spiritual not religious" people or just plain atheist. 

Upavasa (Fasting) means forgetting food, when you are immersed in God. (Upa = Near God, Vasa = Immersed). But today people are fasting by force, suffering with hunger. This is not Upavasa. When you do such fasting, Yogi Vemana says ‘Kuudu Vidachi Malamu Kudchura Upavasai’. This means a little excretory matter is left over in the digestive system after motion. When you fast the digestive system assimilates this little excretory matter. So on that fasting day, one has eaten the excretory matter instead of food! Similarly if you do not get sleep due to thinking of God, that is ‘Jagaranam’ (Not sleeping in the night. But people are stopping their sleep by force.

There should not be force to stop eating or sleeping. If they are stopped without force, automatically due to immersion in God and then only ‘Upavasa’ and ‘Jagaranam’ are fruitful. Aspiring some benefit, people are doing Upavasa and Jagaranam by force. Such acts are waste and useless. The right knowledge is necessary in any religious deed.

Without devotion to God, the detachment from world is false and meaningless. The detachment from the world should be always with reference to the attachment to God. The Vairagya is always relative with reference to the devotion and is not an absolute concept. The absolute concept is only devotion. You should not give importance to people seeing their detachment but should give value for their attachment to God. Foolish people give value to the detachment even though the attachment to God is absent.

You are giving value to a person who is fasting and you are considering him as devotee. He may be fasting due to stomach ache. If he is fasting due to devotion on God, such fasting is valid. If the devotee forgets food in the memory of God, such fasting is real. But, people are fasting by taking alternative tiffins which are more qualitative and energetic having more taste than ordinary food! Therefore, Datta is not cutting your worldly bonds.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:53:12 AM »
mispost.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:57:46 AM by Ortho_cat »

Offline Agia Marina

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
  • St. Marina of Antioch
    • Holy Cross Monastery
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »
There ya go, Schultz--dattaswami knows all.
“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:51 AM »
The problem with a juice/broth fast is that you lack the fat component. You should look into snacking on some raw almonds and see if you can make a smoothie and add some flax seed oil as well. If you shock your system too hard it will make you pretty sick. It is known in the nutritional world as "detoxing" in any case it is highly uncomfortable to downright dangerous. Ease into a liquid fast, don't just start overnight. If you don't ease in and out of that type of fast you will end up weighing MORE than you started weighing and lose some of your health too.

If you make the broth yourself from scratch that will up the nutrient level a great deal. Just make sure to include a variety of veggies. Miso would be a good addition too. A cabbage and miso soup would be great actually.

Offline theistgal

• Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
Kinda TMI there, dattaspammi, but hey, very informative nonetheless. :)
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)

Offline JessicaH

• Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 12:49:50 AM »
So, how did your liquid fast work out?
Luke 9:23 (KJV)
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
  • "Headless" is not a big deal, because Jesus IS.
  • Jurisdiction: G.O.A. of N. America
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 01:29:53 AM »

No, and I would not do one for myself.

Beauty Old yet ever New;
Eternal Voice and inward Word.
But above all things -- Truth beareth away the Victory.
(Whitman)

Offline JessicaH

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »

Why not? Just curious.  I was thinking about doing one.  Actually, am going through a really hard time now so have thought about it.
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
    • Blog
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of the South
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 02:47:34 AM »
I've done several lasting from 1-7 days.  It's important to not only have fruit/veg smoothies, but also plenty of water, and perhaps some type of nut/rice/soy milk.

They can be beneficial, but a longer one should be checked out with a physician or nutritionist.  At the very least, tell someone you're doing it, so they can check on you.  Strawberry/banana juice smoothies for 7 days would be bad.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline JessicaH

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 02:55:33 AM »
I've done several lasting from 1-7 days.  It's important to not only have fruit/veg smoothies, but also plenty of water, and perhaps some type of nut/rice/soy milk.

They can be beneficial, but a longer one should be checked out with a physician or nutritionist.  At the very least, tell someone you're doing it, so they can check on you.  Strawberry/banana juice smoothies for 7 days would be bad.

I know "liquid fast" should sound self explanatory but could you suck on life savers/hard candy or no?

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 03:11:16 AM »

I know "liquid fast" should sound self explanatory but could you suck on life savers/hard candy or no?

Why not?

First and foremost, you have to establish why you are doing it.  I've done it for both medical or religious reasons.  I tended to be more strict with medical liquid diets, so I stayed away from any candy.  I also failed to mention that hot teas (generally herbal blends, but if you are not particular about caffeine, regular teas are fine) with a little honey were really great when wanting a little sweetness, but it wasn't time for the next "meal".  If it keeps you from crunching on a candy bar or other solid food, then hard candy is completely fine.  There's nothing legalistic about it.  Again, something to think about for yourself or talk with a professional about it.

One thing I like to always have on hand is gum.  Toxins get expelled and sometimes, the mouth just doesn't smell great.  I'd brush my teeth 3 times a day (tongue too) and have gum to get the salivary glands going.  It helps, especially those first few days as the body is getting used to not processing solid food.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Seraffa

• Monastic by Charism, Mother by Birth(s), Presvytera by Marriage; Lord, Graciously Make Me Worthy!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 11:51:40 PM »

Why not? Just curious.  I was thinking about doing one.  Actually, am going through a really hard time now so have thought about it.

I have a group on OrthodoxCircle (another website) where we each follow an individualized, genetically based, Blood Type Diet for lifetime cleansing and healing (all in one.) Nobody has to go on liquid fasts or anything like that. Additionally -- following your individualized diet is very revealing about why some of the Fathers (like St. John Chrysostom, Abba Moses the Strong, and others) wrecked themselves with too strict a fast. Your foods are revealed - from meat, dairy, fish, nuts, legumes, grains, veggies, fruits, condiments -- everything -- so that nothing is missed, and you can Fast like an Orthodox while still doing what is best for your God- given genetic strengths and weaknesses. So the issue of "shrinking your stomach" (what the heck does that mean anyway??) becomes a moot point. Shrinking your stomach doesn't mean you're fasting. (It makes you sound like you were one of those Professional Eaters out there -- showing up at Nathan's Hot Dog stand out on Coney Island for the yearly "how many dogs can you eat" contest.)

In addition to this -- the more toxins you avoid by following your own individualized genetic diet -- the quieter the passions become quite naturally.

By the time one does this for a full year -- one can start Clean Monday without some overly chivalrous fantasy of "doing this or that, especially" and do what the Fast intended for us to do: eat simply, stop focusing on what you're eating, and focus on what's going on inside instead.

Also, when you set out to do it for a lifetime, you alter the number of trips to a physician you would have needed in the first place were you ingesting the same foods that you unknowingly ingested that were causing you health problems all along.

God willing, this year, I will have a small book published as an introduction to Orthodox Christians about using this manner of eating.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:58:13 PM by Seraffa »
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)

Offline mike

• Filthy Chalcedonian Liar
  • Protostrator
  • Pray for Christians in Radom!
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 03:11:56 AM »

I have a group on OrthodoxCircle (another website) where we each follow an individualized, genetically based, Blood Type Diet for lifetime cleansing and healing (all in one.) Nobody has to go on liquid fasts or anything like that. Additionally -- following your individualized diet is very revealing about why some of the Fathers (like St. John Chrysostom, Abba Moses the Strong, and others) wrecked themselves with too strict a fast. Your foods are revealed - from meat, dairy, fish, nuts, legumes, grains, veggies, fruits, condiments -- everything -- so that nothing is missed, and you can Fast like an Orthodox while still doing what is best for your God- given genetic strengths and weaknesses. So the issue of "shrinking your stomach" (what the heck does that mean anyway??) becomes a moot point. Shrinking your stomach doesn't mean you're fasting. (It makes you sound like you were one of those Professional Eaters out there -- showing up at Nathan's Hot Dog stand out on Coney Island for the yearly "how many dogs can you eat" contest.)

In addition to this -- the more toxins you avoid by following your own individualized genetic diet -- the quieter the passions become quite naturally.

By the time one does this for a full year -- one can start Clean Monday without some overly chivalrous fantasy of "doing this or that, especially" and do what the Fast intended for us to do: eat simply, stop focusing on what you're eating, and focus on what's going on inside instead.

Also, when you set out to do it for a lifetime, you alter the number of trips to a physician you would have needed in the first place were you ingesting the same foods that you unknowingly ingested that were causing you health problems all along.

God willing, this year, I will have a small book published as an introduction to Orthodox Christians about using this manner of eating.

Sounds like nonsense.
Pray for orthonorm (Jason)

Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2016, 03:20:41 AM »
Good results on the "Blood Type Diet" just means it works for certain individuals.  On the whole, if you eat less processed foods and better quality protein and produce, you'll feel better...even when it has nothing to do with your blood type.

Blood type diets lack supporting evidence: a systematic review by Leila Cusack, Emmy De Buck, Veerle Compernolle, and Philippe Vandekerckhove
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
July 2013, vol. 98  no. 1  99-104
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/98/1/99.long

In humans grouped according to blood type, does adherence to a specific diet improve health and/or decrease risk of disease compared with nonadherence to the diet?

No evidence currently exists to validate the purported health benefits of blood type diets.

ABO blood typing is typically correlated with blood transfusions because ABO blood product incompatibility can potentially prove fatal. More recently, an extensive collection of epidemiologic studies have assessed the significance of ABO status in relation to physiologic variations and pathologic processes. From among the varied results (with some consistent and some inconsistent findings), the use of genome-wide association studies have supported a number of associations between ABO blood type and certain diseases, including pancreatic cancer, venous thromboembolism, and myocardial infarction in the presence of coronary atherosclerosis. Therefore, it appears possible that the ABO blood group system plays a role in determining an individual's susceptibility to certain diseases.

This established association between blood types and disease has been translated into the basis for a range of diets. Of the many authors of blood type diets, D'Adamo is arguably the most prolific. Within his initial ABO blood type diet book entitled Eat Right 4 Your Type, which was published in 1996, D'Adamo claims that each ABO blood type processes food differently, and adherence to a diet specific to an individual's ABO blood group could improve health, wellbeing, and energy levels and reduce risk of developing diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. D'Adamo diets, one for each ABO blood type, are based on a theory that each blood type contains the genetic message of the diets and behaviors of our ancestors, and these traits still have an impact on us today.

And for an actual study:

ABO Genotype, ‘Blood-Type’ Diet and Cardiometabolic Risk Factors by Jingzhou Wang, Bibiana García-Bailo, Daiva E. Nielsen, and Ahmed El-Sohemy

PLoS One. 2014; 9(1): e84749.
Published online 2014 Jan 15.  doi:  10.1371/journal.pone.0084749

Abstract

Background

The ‘Blood-Type’ diet advises individuals to eat according to their ABO blood group to improve their health and decrease risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease. However, the association between blood type-based dietary patterns and health outcomes has not been examined. The objective of this study was to determine the association between ‘blood-type’ diets and biomarkers of cardiometabolic health and whether an individual's ABO genotype modifies any associations.

Methods

Subjects (n = 1,455) were participants of the Toronto Nutrigenomics and Health study. Dietary intake was assessed using a one-month, 196-item food frequency questionnaire and a diet score was calculated to determine relative adherence to each of the four ‘Blood-Type’ diets. ABO blood group was determined by genotyping rs8176719 and rs8176746 in the ABO gene. ANCOVA, with age, sex, ethnicity, and energy intake as covariates, was used to compare cardiometabolic biomarkers across tertiles of each ‘Blood-Type’ diet score.

Results

Adherence to the Type-A diet was associated with lower BMI, waist circumference, blood pressure, serum cholesterol, triglycerides, insulin, HOMA-IR and HOMA-Beta (P<0.05). Adherence to the Type-AB diet was also associated with lower levels of these biomarkers (P<0.05), except for BMI and waist circumference. Adherence to the Type-O diet was associated with lower triglycerides (P<0.0001). Matching the ‘Blood-Type’ diets with the corresponding blood group did not change the effect size of any of these associations. No significant association was found for the Type-B diet.

Conclusions

Adherence to certain ‘Blood-Type’ diets is associated with favorable effects on some cardiometabolic risk factors, but these associations were independent of an individual's ABO genotype, so the findings do not support the ‘Blood-Type’ diet hypothesis.

Dieting based on blood type (which are healthy) makes as much sense as dating by blood type.  It can work.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 03:25:59 AM »
Additionally -- following your individualized diet is very revealing about why some of the Fathers (like St. John Chrysostom, Abba Moses the Strong, and others) wrecked themselves with too strict a fast.

In what way were they wrecked?  Too strict for whom?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Delusional Overlord
  • Hoplitarches
  • And the cat is back again.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 04:57:26 PM »
I went on a liquid diet in preparation for a sigmoidoscopy a few years back.

Worst 24 hours of my life.
The term planet earth is an innovation which has arisen in recent centuries with the error of heliocentrism.

If one wants to confess a pure doctrine of Orthodoxy, they should be careful not to refer to the earth as a planet, unlike the current Pope as well as Patriarch Kirill and Patriarch Bartholomew, who regularly speak in error when they refer to our planet earth.

Offline Bob2

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 06:05:45 PM »
How about a beer only fast.

Offline Seraffa

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 10:40:02 PM »
Good results on the "Blood Type Diet" just means it works for certain individuals.  On the whole, if you eat less processed foods and better quality protein and produce, you'll feel better...even when it has nothing to do with your blood type.

Blood type diets lack supporting evidence: a systematic review by Leila Cusack, Emmy De Buck, Veerle Compernolle, and Philippe Vandekerckhove
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
July 2013, vol. 98  no. 1  99-104
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/98/1/99.long

In humans grouped according to blood type, does adherence to a specific diet improve health and/or decrease risk of disease compared with nonadherence to the diet?

No evidence currently exists to validate the purported health benefits of blood type diets.

ABO blood typing is typically correlated with blood transfusions because ABO blood product incompatibility can potentially prove fatal. More recently, an extensive collection of epidemiologic studies have assessed the significance of ABO status in relation to physiologic variations and pathologic processes. From among the varied results (with some consistent and some inconsistent findings), the use of genome-wide association studies have supported a number of associations between ABO blood type and certain diseases, including pancreatic cancer, venous thromboembolism, and myocardial infarction in the presence of coronary atherosclerosis. Therefore, it appears possible that the ABO blood group system plays a role in determining an individual's susceptibility to certain diseases.

This established association between blood types and disease has been translated into the basis for a range of diets. Of the many authors of blood type diets, D'Adamo is arguably the most prolific. Within his initial ABO blood type diet book entitled Eat Right 4 Your Type, which was published in 1996, D'Adamo claims that each ABO blood type processes food differently, and adherence to a diet specific to an individual's ABO blood group could improve health, wellbeing, and energy levels and reduce risk of developing diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease. D'Adamo diets, one for each ABO blood type, are based on a theory that each blood type contains the genetic message of the diets and behaviors of our ancestors, and these traits still have an impact on us today.

And for an actual study:

ABO Genotype, ‘Blood-Type’ Diet and Cardiometabolic Risk Factors by Jingzhou Wang, Bibiana García-Bailo, Daiva E. Nielsen, and Ahmed El-Sohemy

PLoS One. 2014; 9(1): e84749.
Published online 2014 Jan 15.  doi:  10.1371/journal.pone.0084749

Abstract

Background

The ‘Blood-Type’ diet advises individuals to eat according to their ABO blood group to improve their health and decrease risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease. However, the association between blood type-based dietary patterns and health outcomes has not been examined. The objective of this study was to determine the association between ‘blood-type’ diets and biomarkers of cardiometabolic health and whether an individual's ABO genotype modifies any associations.

Methods

Subjects (n = 1,455) were participants of the Toronto Nutrigenomics and Health study. Dietary intake was assessed using a one-month, 196-item food frequency questionnaire and a diet score was calculated to determine relative adherence to each of the four ‘Blood-Type’ diets. ABO blood group was determined by genotyping rs8176719 and rs8176746 in the ABO gene. ANCOVA, with age, sex, ethnicity, and energy intake as covariates, was used to compare cardiometabolic biomarkers across tertiles of each ‘Blood-Type’ diet score.

Results

Adherence to the Type-A diet was associated with lower BMI, waist circumference, blood pressure, serum cholesterol, triglycerides, insulin, HOMA-IR and HOMA-Beta (P<0.05). Adherence to the Type-AB diet was also associated with lower levels of these biomarkers (P<0.05), except for BMI and waist circumference. Adherence to the Type-O diet was associated with lower triglycerides (P<0.0001). Matching the ‘Blood-Type’ diets with the corresponding blood group did not change the effect size of any of these associations. No significant association was found for the Type-B diet.

Conclusions

Adherence to certain ‘Blood-Type’ diets is associated with favorable effects on some cardiometabolic risk factors, but these associations were independent of an individual's ABO genotype, so the findings do not support the ‘Blood-Type’ diet hypothesis.

Dieting based on blood type (which are healthy) makes as much sense as dating by blood type.  It can work.

No, I am sorry - you are wrong in using the recent Toronto "results" and these other readings as your only basis, since you are not even a practitioner of one of the diets yourself. You need to read from Fr D'Adamo's site about his science listed. I was actually emailing the researcher in Toronto who did the skewed test. The first thing out of his mouth in the emails to me was how he'd "show me" how easily he could defeat Dr. D'Adamo's research. He still hasn't -- because he never set up the correct perameters or protocols for testing on the test subjects to reflect the correct blood type diet for each blood type. http://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?3000

I have my own group on this elsewhere, so I am not going to debate between you and me who thinks what when only one is actually practising it and seeing the actual outcome in her own body. Neither am I forcing it on you and telling you that now that you are talking to me, you must do as I do.  But I will say this -- just as many men profess they "know" something about this or that, but have never experienced it (and here is another analaogy: a pre-seminarian "knows" what he has to study, sum total, in order to "become" clergy, but hasn't yet experienced what life thereafeter is like, maturing into what a well rounded Priest should be ) so there are people on the boards who profess to know quite a few things in life, but never really experience what the thing is they are objectifying.

And about debate, again: OC (for some reason or another) is dominated by mostly male personalities who are used to debating each other  and intiating others into their circle of friends by the debating process. This is a very male form of bonding. Others use sarcasm to make themselves look intelligent, or to lure others into responding to them endlessly or to provoke other peoples's passions.  The problem is - once these (other individuals aside from you) become so entrenched in doing it, they don't even recognise themselves doing it anymore, and even regard it as a good way to spend their idle time. From a woman's point of view and as a future monastic candidate, I me participating in the "debating process" on OC rather than a friendly chat in front of a person with a cup of coffee as a ridiculous waste of time, having nothing to do with "redeeming the time" the Gospel speaks about.

I am only on here to point people to a direction they can go if they want to go there. If they don't see the example in me of how something can benefit the Universe, then at the end of the day. I am no better or no worse off than the Desert Fathers and Mothers in approach to others. And, having said that I have a group elsewhere on OC that does this, anyone sincerely interested in learning what my healing story has been along the way can contact me by pm, if they actually believe me and have an open mind as to how genetics can actually work alongside the Canons of the Church, merging both spheres, instead of clinging to one sphere or the other for their only source of information.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:13:47 PM by Seraffa »
Beauty Old yet ever New;
(Whitman)

Offline Svartzorn

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek A.Diocese of B. Aires & S. America
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »
Seems to me that you guys are going to deep in the medical aspects of that thing instead of giving preference to spiritual matter.
If I wanted to go hardcore, I would just feed on bread and water without any concern for myself.
Death to the world dodos.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
This is all quite silly..

a person insisting that -their- diet is the right one....frankly over time, it has been proven that multiple versions of 'diets' that keep their eaters healthy exist, on different continents with different foods that they are mostly comprised of. 

So unless in such places like Japan, or the Mediterranean, or the Caucasus Mountains, where people all routinely live to be over 100....there is only one blood type, then common sense evidence says blood type matters much less than food.

Same thing with a liquid fast...

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 03:19:30 AM »
Anecdotes are fine, but as the study showed, those diets were helpful.  It just doesn't have anything to do with blood type.  I've seen the tit-for-tats on PLOS and D'Adamo's sites' comment sections, mostly done by believers of the blood type theory; it's fun reading.  I don't need to be a practitioner to know how to eat in a healthy manner or to spot a quack.  In all the years D'Adamo has espoused his theory, he could have easily done long-term clinical studies to account for many variables (no study can account for everything), but he has a nice business.  More power to him.

you are wrong
Could be, but the burden of proof is not on me. 

there are people on the boards who profess to know quite a few things in life, but never really experience what the thing is they are objectifying.
Yes, so much so that this diet gave you insight
about why some of the Fathers (like St. John Chrysostom, Abba Moses the Strong, and others) wrecked themselves with too strict a fast.

The problem is - once these (other individuals aside from you) become so entrenched in doing it
I see, you've read through my entire posting history, so you know me as a person.

From a woman's point of view and as a future monastic candidate
You may not think so, but such a point of view is appreciated.  And best wishes in you pursuit of monasticism.

participating in the "debating process" on OC rather than a friendly chat in front of a person with a cup of coffee as a ridiculous waste of time
Of course, that's why everyone is on the Internet.

I am only on here to point people to a direction they can go if they want to go there.
It doesn't seem like it, based on your posts in this thread; mainly the bit of self-promotion.

I will have a small book published as an introduction to Orthodox Christians about using this manner of eating
There it is.

if they actually believe me and have an open mind as to how genetics can actually work alongside the Canons of the Church, merging both spheres, instead of clinging to one sphere or the other for their only source of information
Thank God, there is more to life than either genetics or the Canons of the ChurchTM.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:23:36 AM »
If I wanted to go hardcore, I would just feed on bread and water without any concern for myself.

And if you were called to that, even unto sainthood, good!  It wouldn't matter if the world thought you were wrecking your body.

This is all quite silly..

As is the internet.