OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 01:53:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Peter, Vatican Claims, and Location, Location, LOCATION!  (Read 4293 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »

^ Hey Isa, you live in a fantasy world, and its embarrassing for you because you make your Church a parody of mine. That is not very respectful to your own religion.
Your pontiff is the one who stole the title of "Pope" from its original, true, and continued bearer, His Most Divinely-Protected Beatitude the Pope and Patriarch of the Great City of Alexandria, Libya, Pentapolis, Ethiopia, all the land of Egypt, and all Africa, Father of Fathers, Shepherd of Shepherds, Prelate of Prelates, thirteenth of the Apostles, and Judge of the Universe," and tried to cover it with a forged donation from the Emperor of New Rome.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 03:59:40 PM »

LOL. We have been praying in multiple languages, even Latin, since the Apostles.

LOL. I expect better from a "historian". Your Church didn't exist until 1054 AD.

1054? You mean when you all tried to force the innovation of the filioque on us? Since it was written in New Rome, not Toledo, EP Michael and the rest of us know who continue to confess the Orthodox Faith of the Creed of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

I've been to the all the sees of the Pentarchy. Only Rome has the invention of the pallium.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »

LOL. We have been praying in multiple languages, even Latin, since the Apostles.

LOL. I expect better from a "historian". Your Church didn't exist until 1054 AD.

1054? You mean when you all tried to force the innovation of the filioque on us? Since it was written in New Rome, not Toledo, EP Michael and the rest of us know who continue to confess the Orthodox Faith of the Creed of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

I've been to the all the sees of the Pentarchy. Only Rome has the invention of the pallium.
And the pallium is awesome.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

No, I mean when your Patriarch of Constantinople "excommunicated" the Pope. It's almost laughable.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »

^ Um, don't make a "historian" joke and then fudge the detail of who was excommunicated; the EP knew that the Pope was dead, so your assertion that he excommunicated a dead man is "laughable."  IIRC, Humbert and his fellow legates (who had no authority at the time, since their source of authority - Il Papa - had passed away) were anathematized.  I suppose it is another twist of irony that you make a "historian" comment and then bring up the schism; the bull of excommunication that Humbert drew up listed as a reason for schism that the East had removed the filioque from the original Creed.  Oh, well.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »

^ Um, don't make a "historian" joke and then fudge the detail of who was excommunicated; the EP knew that the Pope was dead, so your assertion that he excommunicated a dead man is "laughable."  IIRC, Humbert and his fellow legates (who had no authority at the time, since their source of authority - Il Papa - had passed away) were anathematized.  I suppose it is another twist of irony that you make a "historian" comment and then bring up the schism; the bull of excommunication that Humbert drew up listed as a reason for schism that the East had removed the filioque from the original Creed.  Oh, well.
I am well aware of the fact that Humbert was wrong.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »

In that he represented your ecclesiatical organization quite well.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »

Here is the text of the Bull...

Message 13 at

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,14980.msg214346/topicseen.html#msg214346
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »

Nope.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »

And the pallium is awesome.
I'm not into leashes, but whatever turns you on.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »

Nope.
Then why did you bring him up?

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »

No, I mean when your Patriarch of Constantinople "excommunicated" the Pope. It's almost laughable.
Did the Father of the Sixth Ecumenical Council laugh?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:53:42 PM by ialmisry » Logged

dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2010, 05:45:44 PM »

Nope.

Papist, I am in awe of your insurmountable rhetoric.

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

Did the Father os the Sixth Ecumenical Council laugh?

Pretty sure I read "Those that deny 'the Father os the Sixth Exumenical Council' didst laugh, let him be anathema!"

I'm going to need this.
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »

Since it has come up here some interesting bits
2.  like Valesians, they castrate their guests and promote them not only to the clergy but to the episcopacy;

Therefore, because we did not tolerate this unheard of outrage and injury of the first, holy, and apostolic see and were concerned that the catholic faith would be undermined in many ways, by the authority of the holy and individuatedTrinity and the apostolic see, whose embassy we are performing, and of all the orthodox fathers from the seven councils and of the entire catholic Church, we thus subscribe to the following anathema which the most reverend pope has proclaimed upon Michael and his followers unless they should repent.

Odd, since the Council that the Vatican claims as its eigth council now took place in 869-70, almost two centuries before this, and it was to keep EP St. Ignatius, a eunuch, on the patriarchal throne.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:52:52 PM by ialmisry » Logged

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »

Since it has come up here some interesting bits
2.  like Valesians, they castrate their guests and promote them not only to the clergy but to the episcopacy;

Therefore, because we did not tolerate this unheard of outrage and injury of the first, holy, and apostolic see and were concerned that the catholic faith would be undermined in many ways, by the authority of the holy and individuatedTrinity and the apostolic see, whose embassy we are performing, and of all the orthodox fathers from the seven councils and of the entire catholic Church, we thus subscribe to the following anathema which the most reverend pope has proclaimed upon Michael and his followers unless they should repent.

Odd, since the Council that the Vatican claims as its eigth council now took place in 869-70, almost two centuries before this, and it was to keep EP St. Ignatius, a eunuch, on the patriarchal throne.

That is odd...

I'm going to need this.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 07:27:48 PM »

Nope.

Papist, I am in awe of your insurmountable rhetoric.
  Cheesy

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »

They are laughing at you now, because they couldn't have possibly meant what you think they meant.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »

They are laughing at you now, because they couldn't have possibly meant what you think they meant.
Because what they said in plain language doesn't suit you? Not only could they mean what they said, they did mean what they said.

"Anathema to Honorius the heretic!"

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

Because what they said in plain language doesn't suit you? Not only could they mean what they said, they did mean what they said.

No, becaue the word heretic was used more broadly back then.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »

Anathema to Honorius the heretic!

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »

Anathema to you.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:27:34 PM by Papist » Logged

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:47 PM »

Anathema to you.  Wink
The Fathers say that the curses of heretics are blessings and the blessings of heretics are curses.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2010, 10:01:14 PM »

The Fathers say that the curses of heretics are blessings and the blessings of heretics are curses.

To think. They were thinking of this moment.

Bless you, Isa.  Grin

I'm going to need this.
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2010, 10:06:52 PM »

Not sure how this is relevant.  Huh
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:10:59 PM by Papist » Logged

Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 10:07:25 PM »

To think. They were thinking of this moment.

Bless you, Isa.  Grin
You do have that great Anglican sense of humor.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »

LOL. I'm sure you don't.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 11:30:52 PM »

I think you're playing dumb again. Come on, you seem smart. I'm pretty sure you really know what he meant.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: