OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 10:30:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Jews of the Holy Land  (Read 1775 times) Average Rating: 0
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: December 01, 2002, 02:55:10 AM »

Jews have always lived in the Holy Land.  At the time of the Ottoman conquest in 1517, Jews lived in Jerusalem, Nablus, Hebron, Safed and the Galilean villages.  Hasidic Jews migrated to Israel in the 1700's.  Jews came from Ukraine to escape pogroms.  By 1844, Jews were the largest religious community in Jerusalem.  

But I guess they were all supposed to leave?
Mexican
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 03:31:56 AM »

I have never said that the jewish population were guilty of all the unfortunate war in the Middle East. I think this is very much fault of European people, the partition of Israel and Palestine was a serious mistake. The best option was to create an international state run by the U.N. for both communities. The seeds of division and war were brought by a European decission.

It is also important to say that the problem of the Zionist thinking isthat it had been infiltrated by ideologies that have nothing to do with the rightful aspirations of the jewish people to have a homeland, ideologies that were currently professed among freemassons, for example.
Jennifer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2002, 03:38:07 AM »

I have never said that the jewish population were guilty of all the unfortunate war in the Middle East. I think this is very much fault of European people, the partition of Israel and Palestine was a serious mistake. The best option was to create an international state run by the U.N. for both communities. The seeds of division and war were brought by a European decission.

It is also important to say that the problem of the Zionist thinking isthat it had been infiltrated by ideologies that have nothing to do with the rightful aspirations of the jewish people to have a homeland, ideologies that were currently professed among freemassons, for example.

Zionism has always been about providing a place of refuge for the Jews.  Nothing more nothing less.  Religious zionism believes that the home of the Jews must be the state of Israel.  Secular zionism believed that the homeland of the Jews could be anywhere in the world.  Modern day zionism came to be at the same time as modern day anti-semitism.  Secular assimilated Jews of Europe realized that they would never be accepted because they were Jews.  So they thought they needed to have their own land.  There are no 'ideologies' shared with Masons.  There's no desire for world domination.  Just one place in the world where they would be free from pogroms and discrimination.
Dan Lauffer
Athanasios

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2002, 09:56:29 AM »

Remie,

"The seeds of division and war were brought by a European decission."

I've longed believed that since the UN created this entity it should have ensured its security.  It could not and did not.  So, where does one go from here?

Dan Lauffer

emmaus
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2002, 11:59:45 AM »

Remie,

"The seeds of division and war were brought by a European decission."

I've longed believed that since the UN created this entity it should have ensured its security.  It could not and did not.  So, where does one go from here?

Dan Lauffer

The real threat to the existence of the state of Israel isn't the hostility of the Arabs, etc., but the current tendency of world Jewry to assimilate--because of the indifference born of the ignorance of their faith and culture--and conform to the greater and dominant non-Jewish culture, in the same way Rusyns in America--in huge numbers--allowed themselves to be assimilated into the Latin Church and abandoned their Byzantine Church and culture.

In Christ,

Abdur
« Last Edit: December 01, 2002, 12:04:09 PM by emmaus way » Logged
Dan Lauffer
Athanasios

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 02:33:03 PM »

Abdur,

I very much agree with your analysis.

Dan Lauffer
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print