OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 08:05:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Qaeda threatening the Coptic Church  (Read 1307 times) Average Rating: 0
copticmind

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria

GeorgeFahim
« on: November 02, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »

Shocking news:
After the saddening attack on a Catholic church in Iraq two days ago, the Islamic state of Iraq, a terrorist organization linked to Al Qaeda is threatening the Coptic Church. They gave a 48-hour time limit for the Coptic church to release whom they claimed to be "Muslim hostages" in the Coptic monasteries. In their threat, they mentioned that they will continue bombing churches in Iraq and even in Egypt if the Coptic church didn't release those "imaginary" hostages. The Church's official stance was powerful, they said They Are not threatened and they are protected by the Lord Himself, prayers and Liturgies will continue as usual in every church in Egypt.
Sorry I couldn't find references in English, all the news I found was in Arabic.
May the Lord have mercy on His people.

EDIT:
I found this piece of news on https://www.siteintelgroup.com/

ISI Fighter Reiterates Threat to Egyptian Church in Audio
10/31/2010
The Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), the al-Qaeda-front in Iraq, released an audio message from a fighter in its suicide battalion addressing Christians in Egypt and reiterating a threat from the ISI to the Coptic Christian Church of Egypt. The 2 minute, 26 second audio was released on jihadist forums on October 31, 2010, and came hours after the ISI issued a communiqué threatening the Coptic Christian Church of Egypt and announcing the capture of Iraqi Christians. The ISI gave the church a period of 48-hours to indicate the status of alleged imprisoned women and to release them; otherwise, its fighters would kill their Iraqi Christian captives.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:17:22 PM by copticmind » Logged

Ⲡⲁϭⲟⲓⲥ Ⲓⲏⲥ Ⲡⲭⲥ ⳿ⲡϣⲏⲣⲓ ⳿ⲙ⳿Ⲫⲛⲟⲩϯ ⲛⲁⲓ ⲛⲏⲓ ⲁⲛⲟⲕ ⲡⲓⲣⲉϥⲉⲣⲛⲟⲃⲓ
يا ربي يسوع المسيح ابن الله ارحمني أنا الخاطئ
SamB
High Elder

Crates of araq for sale! *hic*

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »

هات العربي لنشوف
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »

Sorry, this is all propaganda. I saw the Mission Accomplished banner on TV at least twice.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:22 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Nepsis or Sepsis™

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:40 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 12:34:43 AM »

Sorry, this is all propaganda. I saw the Mission Accomplished banner on TV at least twice.

Hardly helpful, let alone, brilliant commentary (though I'm sure you took it as such).  Take it over to the politics thread, if you must.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »

Regardless of the situation, let us pray for our Orthodox brethren in the Middle East.

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 12:40:50 AM »

Here is something else on it:

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2010/11/egypt-coptic-church-reject-al-qaeda-threats/

CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »

Some background info:

Al-Qaeda Targets Christians, Again
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/251841/al-qaeda-targets-christians-again-paul-marshall

Iraq’s Christians Still Under Siege
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/251765/iraqs-christians-still-under-siege-nina-shea

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

1 Peter 4:12-13

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Tags: terrorism  Al Qaeda  Persecution against Copts  killing Christians in Iraq Islam persecution Coptic Orthodox Church 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: