OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 03:44:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: If Science Disproved A Religious/Theological Belief of Yours, Would You Continue To Hold To It?
Yes - 19 (38.8%)
Maybe - 10 (20.4%)
No - 13 (26.5%)
None of the Above - 7 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Science and Faith Poll  (Read 4837 times) Average Rating: 0
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2010, 07:51:45 PM »

Thank you Dr. Mengele. You can step out of the witness box.
Why do you use the internet?  It pretty clearly is the result of advances in several sciences.  Off the top of my head, it relies on: computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, optics, and chemistry.
That I do not take science as my master does not forbid me from taking it as my servant.

booyah!
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2010, 10:54:22 PM »

Comparing GiC to Dr Mengele simply because he supports the use of the scientific method seems like a pretty egregious ad hominem to me. Sad

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »

Recently, St. Tikhon's press reprinted St. Nikolai of Zica's essay The Universe as Signs and Symbols. I've ordered it, but haven't received it in the mail yet, so I can't personally comment on it, though from the description it also appears to include an outline of Orthodox natural philosophy.

Have you had a chance to read this yet? I have it on my to-buy list and was wondering how it was...
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

Recently, St. Tikhon's press reprinted St. Nikolai of Zica's essay The Universe as Signs and Symbols. I've ordered it, but haven't received it in the mail yet, so I can't personally comment on it, though from the description it also appears to include an outline of Orthodox natural philosophy.

Have you had a chance to read this yet? I have it on my to-buy list and was wondering how it was...

Yes, I put up some quotes from it somewhere around here. It's very short but worthwhile.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

Yes, I put up some quotes from it somewhere around here. It's very short but worthwhile.

Thanks, I did a search and think I found them... I'll have to make sure it doesn't get bumped down the list Smiley
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: