OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 31, 2014, 04:20:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awaiting blood test results...  (Read 1760 times) Average Rating: 0
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« on: March 23, 2004, 02:28:25 PM »

I sincerely ask for prayers because I will be hearing from my doctor tomorrow and she will be telling me whether or not I have Celiac Disease.  My mother is anemic and was told that she has this even though she is asymptomatic.  I got a blood test myself just to make sure, but I'm a little worried.  It's probably not a big deal but I dont want to spend the rest of my life not being able to eat bread and pasta!! (I'm ITALIAN for goodness sakes!)

Now I think it's high time I stepped up to embarrass, um, I mean congratulate!, our beloved administrator Mor Ephrem for his new job he starts today at a religious articles store. (Catholic, even! If only they knew his monophysitic intentions... Tongue)

Just Kidding!!! Wink

Kim

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 03:02:11 PM »

I sincerely ask for prayers because I will be hearing from my doctor tomorrow and she will be telling me whether or not I have Celiac Disease.  My mother is anemic and was told that she has this even though she is asymptomatic.  I got a blood test myself just to make sure, but I'm a little worried.  It's probably not a big deal but I dont want to spend the rest of my life not being able to eat bread and pasta!! (I'm ITALIAN for goodness sakes!)

Now I think it's high time I stepped up to embarrass, um, I mean congratulate!, our beloved administrator Mor Ephrem for his new job he starts today at a religious articles store. (Catholic, even! If only they knew his monophysitic intentions... Tongue)

Just Kidding!!! Wink

Kim

My prayers for a certain Italian lady that she will not have to fast permanently from pasta and pan and best wishes for the new career of one of our administrators!

And please pray for my 16 year old son who just got his driver's license today and is driving my relatively new pick up truck today all by himself!  I could care less about the truck.  I can always replace it.  I cannot replace my first born or undo the injury or death that might befall others in the event of an accident.

The very nervous Dad!

Jim C.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 03:08:12 PM »

That doesn't sound fun at all. Here's prayers and hopes for the best, Kim.

Jim, we're not there yet with our kids, but you have my deep fellow-feeling.
(My 7 y.o. daughter asked me a few months ago when I was going to buy her a car?  I told her when she was 35.)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 03:55:13 PM »

Kim,

I hope all goes well and will pray for you.

james, a Polska / Sicilian no less

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 07:11:06 PM »

Hun, you have my prayers, as always! I will focus them in this particular case though, since, as a fellow Italiana, I KNOW how devastating it would be to have to permanently fast from pasta and bread! I mean, it's what we're MADE of, since that's all our ancestors ever ate! Smiley

As for "embarrassing" a certain administrator, I concur! A great job for a great guy in a great store! Congrats! I just hope those poor Catholic customers don't balk in the face of his, as you put it, "monophysitic intentions" - I know this one won't! Wink

And please pray for my 16 year old son who just got his driver's license today and is driving my relatively new pick up truck today all by himself!  I could care less about the truck.  I can always replace it.  I cannot replace my first born or undo the injury or death that might befall others in the event of an accident.

Jim C. - As one who relatively recently began driving (4 years ago lol), I remember how anxious my mom was about the whole thing, so I sympathize. Smiley You have my prayers, but as you will see, with driving expecially, the more practice and experience your son gets, the better his instincts and skills will become. Wink I will pray that God grant both him and those around him on the road with good driving skills until he becomes a pro! Smiley

hmmmm...
The young fogey
Moderated
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 08:11:44 PM »

Sorry about the health scare, Kim.

congratulate!, our beloved administrator Mor Ephrem for his new job he starts today at a religious articles store. (Catholic, even!

That's wonderful! I had a job like that at a seminary library once. Fun!

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 12:36:47 AM »

Kim -

Prayers for your health and Mor's new job.

Jim -

Prayers for the protection of your son.

At least he's in a pickup truck! Be glad he's not on a motorcycle!

I have a son who was badly injured in the Army in a training accident in the desert. He is now retired on 100% disability after spending 2.5 years in Walter Reed Army Hospital in DC.

Believe me, I know your worries.

May God spare you and your son what I and mine went through.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 09:36:02 AM »

Visita, o Padre, la nostra casa e tieni lontano le insidie del nemico; vengano i santi angeli a custodirci nella pace, e la tua benedizione rimanga sempre con noi. Per Cristo nostro Signore.

Robert
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

Mille grazie, Roberto Wink

And I humbly thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  My doctor called me today and told me my results are negative.  A large weight off my shoulders, but as I said before, this is something my mother has, so prayers should definitely be shifted to her, Filippa.  My grandmother was found to have colon cancer and I just hate to think that this is what the future holds for my mom, and this disease will make matters much worse. :-

Once again, many thanks, and I will continue to pray for you all.

Kim

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: