OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 01:47:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about communion/being at peace with others  (Read 368 times) Average Rating: 0
JLatimer
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: October 27, 2010, 12:07:45 PM »

Let's say one has spent the week preparing for communion, praying the prescribed canons and pre-communion prayers, fasting; and has gone to confession recently. Yet on Saturday night one gets into a fight with someone which is unresolved on Sunday morning. In this case one should probably not take Communion that morning, right?

1 Samuel 25:22 (KJV)
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall.
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »

Let's say one has spent the week preparing for communion, praying the prescribed canons and pre-communion prayers, fasting; and has gone to confession recently. Yet on Saturday night one gets into a fight with someone which is unresolved on Sunday morning. In this case one should probably not take Communion that morning, right?

Depends on several factors, first being what you mean by "getting into a fight".  If you are not at peace with what you did, you should refrain until you have spoken with your priest about the matter. 

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »

I had a similar situation. I was very angry at someone when I went to church on Sunday. (oddly enough I can't remember now what I was angry about but it seemed really important at the time. Obviously there's a lesson to be learned there!) When I went to confession and confessed this, my priest asked me if I wanted to forgive the person. I replied that I was not ready to even think about forgiveness yet. So he informed me that I should refrain from receiving Communion.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: