OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 24, 2014, 12:12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 86999 times) Average Rating: 0
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1125 on: December 02, 2010, 02:06:18 AM »

I really don't care about Hinduism although I remember seeing Indira Gandhi's cremation live on TV.  Never understood cremation.  Don't really care about Hinduism (or anything masquerading as Hinduism).

Luke 9: 60-62: Let the dead bury the dead. You preach about God. This means that you need not worry about the dead body or its rituals. The reason is that the inert dead body will decompose into inert five elements. The decomposition reactions are controlled by inert items like entropy, free energy etc. The inert means dead. Therefore, the inert five elements will decompose the dead body and bury it whether you do the ceremony or not. The Parsi people should be appreciated in this concept because they leave the dead bodies on hills and in forests.
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1126 on: December 02, 2010, 02:10:06 AM »

I really don't care about Hinduism although I remember seeing Indira Gandhi's cremation live on TV.  Never understood cremation.  Don't really care about Hinduism (or anything masquerading as Hinduism).

Luke 9: 60-62: Let the dead bury the dead. You preach about God. This means that you need not worry about the dead body or its rituals. The reason is that the inert dead body will decompose into inert five elements. The decomposition reactions are controlled by inert items like entropy, free energy etc. The inert means dead. Therefore, the inert five elements will decompose the dead body and bury it whether you do the ceremony or not. The Parsi people should be appreciated in this concept because they leave the dead bodies on hills and in forests.

And the ancient Greeks abandoned babies on mountains to die ... the pride of the Indus Valley Civilizations and their derivatives.   Roll Eyes
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1127 on: December 02, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »

The Bible does not mention the word guru even once. St. John the Baptist was not a guru. He did not teach Jesus. John called himself unfit to untie even the strap of Jesus' sandal. John preached about the coming of Jesus. John preached repentance. Then John was imprisoned and killed.

None of the people in the Bible were Hindus.

It is true that Jesus was higher than John the Baptist. When God in human form comes to this world, He obey all the rules of the tradition into which He is born. For example, Jesus parents took Him to the church when He was born for purification rituals as per Jews's tradition. Like this Jesus was obeying all the tradition. When St. John the Baptist came, Jesus went to Him and asked Him to baptise Him. This means that Jesus showed humbleness even though St. John told that He is not even eligible to tie the knot of Jesus foot wear.

Thus as an earthly ritual, St. John was Jesus Guru as per tradition, just to keep the way it worked in the society, to show that one should keep rules and regulations of the society.

None of the popele in the bible were hindu or christian at the time of Jesus, they were human beings....To such human beings God came.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1128 on: December 02, 2010, 02:20:24 AM »

And the ancient Greeks abandoned babies on mountains to die ... the pride of the Indus Valley Civilizations and their derivatives.   Roll Eyes

What is the use of pondering over dead bodies. You are live now, and you will die one day. Now before death you should please God quickly. The effort in achieving the grace of the Lord is the most important goal of human life. This point will be realized when the human being is in the last minute of this life cycle because at that time of juncture, the upper world starts appearing practically to the eyes through the arrived messengers of Lord. Unfortunately there will be no time for spiritual effort at that juncture, even though realization comes.

Lord Jesus told me the following two verses  and asked me to memorise these two verses ten times a day so that the mind will be fixed on God.

The first verse means ‘At the time of death the last knowledge dawns to the mind by which the human being realizes that for those whom he has spent his energy and lifetime, are unable to protect him from that moment onwards.

The Lord who can protect is not arriving then because no time and energy was spent for Him’. The second verse means ‘When the time was there, this realization did not come and when the realization came, there is no time. By this the human being undergoes silent suffering, which is the agony’.

Lord told me that every human being will be given this last knowledge and this agony in the last couple of moments. I started remembering these verses every day ten times and the result of their memory is this wonderful divine knowledge.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1129 on: December 02, 2010, 02:43:03 AM »

You are unnecessiarily wasting time, on irrelavant matters. Let us concentrate on loving God without expecting anything in return.

You respect your parents because you are receiving some benefits from them at present and expect to receive more benefits in the future. However, you love your wife and children because you are giving your earnings to them. Therefore, when you aspire for something from God you can be said to respect Him.

When you sacrifice something to God without any aspiration in return, you can be said to love Him. God likes love and not mere respect. Such love, which involves sacrifice alone, and not any aspiration for benefit from God, is called as real devotion. Try to convert all your respect into love for God. That means that you should sacrifice for God’s work and not aspire for anything from God in return.

When you select a bridegroom for your daughter, his longevity is very important apart from his beauty and good qualities. If he does not have longevity, what is the use of his beauty and good qualities? Similarly, excellent devotion to God may exist in a devotee but how long the devotion continues at that level is the most important point in the eyes of God. Devotion, which is very high in the beginning, should continue forever.
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #1130 on: December 02, 2010, 03:02:10 AM »

Dattaswami sure makes a lot of claims about what God wants, what pleases Him, His nature, the nature of theosis, what motivates God etc. etc. without a lot of Scripture or patristics.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1131 on: December 02, 2010, 04:11:03 AM »

Dattaswami sure makes a lot of claims about what God wants, what pleases Him, His nature, the nature of theosis, what motivates God etc. etc. without a lot of Scripture or patristics.

MATTHEW: 5 : 17

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill”.

The right interpretations of the old traditional scriptures given by Holy Jesus appear to be quite revolutionary. But they are the real essence of the scriptures. Selfish Scholars misinterpreted these old scriptures and established a bad tradition and mislead the public. Certain inconvenient portions of scriptures were removed and certain selfish portions were introduced. The Scriptures were polluted and this happened in Hinduism also. Holy Jesus washed all the dirt in the Christian scriptures.

Similarly in Hinduism the three preachers called Sankara, Ramanuja and Madhva also washed such dirt but the dirt comes often because the wind blows every day carrying the dust. The religion becomes dirty in every human generation. Spiritualism is the brooms stick with which God in human form sweeps it away. For this purpose He comes down in human form in every human generation. All the old is not gold as said “Purana mityeva…..” It is also said ‘Taatasya Kupoyam…..’ which means that a fool drinks salt water from a well saying that it was dug by his fore fathers. So one should not follow all the old blindly. Analyze it at every step and find out the truth.

Krishna condemned the ritual portions in Vedas by saying “Traigunya Vishayah…”. Similarly Lord Buddha condemned killing of animals in the name of Sacrifices. Veda says clearly “Manyuh Pasuh” which means that one should kill his foolish animal behavior. But instead of doing that, people started killing the animals in sacrifices. Holy Jesus also corrected several portions of the scripture and showed the true path. Even the Veda, which remains now, is a very little portion of the original Veda. The lost portion of Veda is called ‘Khila Bhaga’. Holy Jesus also told that He came to complete the scriptures, which means that some correct portions were lost. Rituals prescribe certain time and place for God’s worship. But Holy Jesus tells that spirit is important and not the place or time (Matthew 12:11 & 12).
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #1132 on: December 02, 2010, 05:10:50 AM »

MATTHEW: 5 : 17

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill”.

The right interpretations of the old traditional scriptures given by Holy Jesus appear to be quite revolutionary. But they are the real essence of the scriptures. Selfish Scholars misinterpreted these old scriptures and established a bad tradition and mislead the public. Certain inconvenient portions of scriptures were removed and certain selfish portions were introduced. The Scriptures were polluted and this happened in Hinduism also. Holy Jesus washed all the dirt in the Christian scriptures.

Well, thank goodness you came along to show us how the Apostles, Church Fathers and the Holy Spirit have been getting it wrong for 2,000 years.  Roll Eyes

You really need to understand: contradicting Scripture and the Fathers the way you do makes you wrong ipso facto. I believe Agia Marina has already mentioned this to you.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1133 on: December 02, 2010, 07:33:12 AM »

You really need to understand: contradicting Scripture and the Fathers the way you do makes you wrong ipso facto. I believe Agia Marina has already mentioned this to you.

God comes in human form and directly speak the divine knowledge which become various scriptures. When Human form of GOd goes out, people come up with their own interpretation of scriptures.

When Jesus came already there were scriptures followed by Jews. The scripture was corrupted that time and Jesus amended many of those. When Jesus came, people were following, an eye-for-eye doctrine. Jesus corrected them. He preached love even your enemies.

Thus when Human incarnation comes, whatever He preaches becomes the scripture. When Human incarnation is alive with you, you should be careful to clarify all your doubts directly from Him. Make use of the chance given to you by GOd to meet the human incarnation. Pleasing GOd is the aim of life. God is pleased when your service is directly received by Him. God is directly present in the current human incarnation. He is the correct place of GOd.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1134 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:19 AM »

Why God has to come in human form?

If the spiritual knowledge is perfect and complete, the devotion and practice are the spontaneous subsequent steps for which there is no need of any effort. If the practice is perfect and complete,  the fruit is spontaneous. Therefore, all the efforts should be put only to gain the perfect and complete spiritual knowledge. Hence, Shankara told that knowledge alone can achieve fruit (Jnanadevatu…). The perfect and complete spiritual knowledge is possible only from God. But God is unimaginable and therefore to give this perfect and complete knowledge, the unimaginable God comes down in human form.

For this purpose, which is most important, God will never enter inert medium. The human form means the soul or awareness associated with the human body. Whenever God enters this world the soul is always an associated medium with Him. You should not say that the soul or awareness alone is the associated medium. If you say like that, the soul exists in birds and animals also and these birds and animals cannot give the spiritual knowledge to humanity. Therefore, the soul should mean the soul existing in human body only.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1135 on: December 02, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »

Any discussion or debate with this dude is fruitless, like trying to nail jello to a wall.    

I'm surprised that people are still trying to argue with him.

Dattaswami doesn't care about Orthodox Christianity. He couldn't care less about what the scriptures or the Fathers say. The sooner people realize that, the sooner this stupid thread can die.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:12:39 AM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1136 on: December 02, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »

Right, but apparently others still haven't figured that out - or they think they're the one who will say JUST THE RIGHT THING to convert dattaspammi and be the hero. Smiley

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #1137 on: December 02, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »

You are unnecessiarily wasting time, on irrelavant matters. Let us concentrate on loving God without expecting anything in return.

You respect your parents because you are receiving some benefits from them at present and expect to receive more benefits in the future.

I'm sorry, but there are people in the world who love their parents, there wives and children, their friends and family NOT because they can get something in return, but simply for the sake of loving them. I would say that someone who is merely befriending someone because they can get something out of it at a later time (even if that means befriending God so when I do I can go to heaven) is not truly being a friend, and that is not true love. Sometimes it might grow into true love at some point, as it did with arranged marriages, but still . . . .

I just take offense to your assumption that SolEX01 or anyone only loves their family because they get something out of it. That is just not true of many people. I think it is true with many people, but certainly not everyone. And it is true with many Christians, (why do you love Jesus? "because Jesus saved me!") Well, why not love Jesus for merely who Jesus is? I think that's the point your trying to make, however it is a bit offensive to pigeonhole all Christians into one group and only the "true" seekers grow beyond that.

One could also ask the question in reverse; what are YOU getting out of all this? Only you can answer that for yourself. I do not presume to know your motives so please try not to presume other people's motives.

NP

tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #1138 on: December 02, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »

Right, but apparently others still haven't figured that out - or they think they're the one who will say JUST THE RIGHT THING to convert dattaspammi and be the hero. Smiley

"I have the cape. I make the woosh noises."
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1139 on: December 02, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »

The Indus-Saraswati civilization was probably more Dravidian than Indo-Aryan.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1140 on: December 02, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »

God comes in human form and directly speak the divine knowledge which become various scriptures.

Like Maitreya, even though Maitreya is an abstraction (or an anthromorphization of God by man):

Please don't waste your prayer on me. Nice gesture but a waste all the same. Pray for world peace, equal rights, end to world hunger, happiness and love instead. Maybe one more prayer request will be all it takes for God to decide to grant these prayers, I would hate to think you wasted that important prayer on me. If there was a God who fulfilled prayer, I would never be selfish enough to pray for myself when there are much bigger issues in the world to solve. Again, please direct me to the form I need to fill out in order to nominate myself for a sainthood.

You're anthropomorphizing God. This statement assumes that God can be overloaded with requests. Not to mention that God is ignoring the world. The world is constantly being saved and subsequently trashed by the will of man.

When Human form of GOd goes out, people come up with their own interpretation of scriptures.

Like Benjamin Creme coming up with transcendental meditation - the "scriptures" needed by the "lower levels" to understand Maitreya.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1141 on: December 02, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

Like Benjamin Creme coming up with transcendental meditation....
I think it was Maharishi Mahesh Yogi who invented Transcendental Meditation.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1142 on: December 02, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

Thank you for the correction.   Smiley

Yogi introduced transcendental meditation to India in 1955.
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1143 on: December 02, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »

Thank you for the correction.   Smiley

Can't wait for the new Yogi movie in 3D!
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1144 on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »

What is the use of pondering over dead bodies. You are live now, and you will die one day.

So will you.

Now before death you should please God quickly. The effort in achieving the grace of the Lord is the most important goal of human life. This point will be realized when the human being is in the last minute of this life cycle because at that time of juncture, the upper world starts appearing practically to the eyes through the arrived messengers of Lord. Unfortunately there will be no time for spiritual effort at that juncture, even though realization comes.

Lord Jesus told me the following two verses  and asked me to memorise these two verses ten times a day so that the mind will be fixed on God.

The first verse means ‘At the time of death the last knowledge dawns to the mind by which the human being realizes that for those whom he has spent his energy and lifetime, are unable to protect him from that moment onwards.

The Lord who can protect is not arriving then because no time and energy was spent for Him’. The second verse means ‘When the time was there, this realization did not come and when the realization came, there is no time. By this the human being undergoes silent suffering, which is the agony’.

I renounce transcendental meditation as a work of Satan and spit on it 3 times (spitting 3 times).

Lord told me that every human being will be given this last knowledge and this agony in the last couple of moments. I started remembering these verses every day ten times and the result of their memory is this wonderful divine knowledge.

Suffering is the cost of discipleship.  To escape suffering is analogous to the 10 Disciples who ran away when Christ was Crucified; however, all 10 Disciples repented and returned to the Master upon hearing of His Resurrection.  I don't need man made meditation techniques to escape from my suffering!   Angry
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1145 on: December 02, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »

When you're "God", what need have you for Scripture or patristics?  Roll Eyes

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1146 on: December 02, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »

And now, a word from our Sponsor:

RtE: Did she ever try to talk to the Hindus themselves about the difference between their many gods and Christ? Obviously, she wouldn’t have done it in an overly-zealous evangelical way.

Sister Gavrilia: She waited, like a true disciple of Christ Who said, “To the one who asks, give.” You don’t give if you aren’t asked, because if I ask you for something this means I need it and I am ready to accept it and understand it. If you go around preaching without my asking you, I’ll say, “Let her talk, I don’t care.” I won’t pay any attention to what you say. So, she was waiting for questions to come from the Hindus. She never just handed out Gospels, she waited to be asked. And she also gave the “Imitation of Christ” by Thomas Kempis because she said there were many references there to the Gospel. At one point when she was working in the dispensary of the ashram of Sivananda, his disciple, Chichananda, became angry in a public lecture and lost his calm. He was very sorry for this, and later said to her, “Did you hear what happened to me? Is there any book you can give me?” He was looking at her as a person who had a kind of asceticism and spirituality. He did not know this kind of Christianity. He knew the other – the active, the social, the missionary schools of other denominations. So she gave him the Philokalia. He was quite impressed, and the next thing he did was to visit Mount Athos. A Hindu monk, can you imagine?

RtE: Wonderful. You’ve said that Mother Gavrilia saw many people come to India seeking gurus. What did she think was the effect of eastern spiritual practice on western Christian souls?

Sister Gavrilia: She said that Hindu spirituality is alright for Hindus, but the Western European or American who goes there as a seeker has a characteristic which the Hindus and their fathers and grandfathers don’t have – a certain amount of spiritual pride. “I want to become a Hindu because I want to be different from my friends back in France, in Italy, in the States.” This temptation is very close to the person who goes seeking exotic spiritualities. She said, “They come and dress in the orange robes, grow beards and do this or that, but there is this unfortunate temptation to pride and that is why many of these western young people who go to Indian ashrams end up in psychiatric clinics.” In Hindu philosophy, the guru, the spiritual father, is the avatar, he is thought to be God Himself. So, you can understand how sad she felt about these young people. She said, “Instead of putting another human person in the place of God, you should put God there.”

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1147 on: December 02, 2010, 10:10:12 PM »

One could also ask the question in reverse; what are YOU getting out of all this? Only you can answer that for yourself. I do not presume to know your motives so please try not to presume other people's motives.

NP

What i preached is generic .....not pertaining a single person. There are poeple who love others without any expecation,........

Your bond with others and other things of the world is inversely proprtional to your bond with God

Luke—14:26 to 27

“If any one comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple’’.

Love the entire creation without rejecting or hating anything & anybody

Imagine that you are a servant of the producer and director of a film. You have accompanied him to see the film along with him. You appreciate each scene of the film and by this, he is also pleased with you. You are deeply immersed in the cinema and suddenly he wants to leave the hall along with you. You must leave the entire film and should accompany him proving your unchallenged love and loyalty to him. You are proving here that your bond with him is beyond your bond to the entire cinema. This is a specific occasion in which your boss is competing with his own creation. In this situation, you are rejecting the entire creation. This is test of God for you. You need not bring the philosophy of this situation while you are enjoying the cinema with him. Therefore, love the entire creation without rejecting or hating anything and anybody. The reason for your love to the entire creation is your love to the creator. You are seeing the creator everywhere in the creation and therefore, you love the entire creation. You love the creation not for the sake of yourself.

But, once the creator enters into the competition (Datta Pariksha), you are rejecting everything and everybody for the sake of the Lord to prove that He is the highest for you as said in the Veda (Na tat samah …). It is in this context that Jesus told that unless one hates everything and everybody, one can not become the disciple of God. You should not extend this context throughout your life and be rejecting everything and everybody for the sake of God. You should prove your attachment to God and detachment to the world when the context comes.
www.universal-spirituality.org

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1148 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:40 PM »

And it is true with many Christians, (why do you love Jesus? "because Jesus saved me!") Well, why not love Jesus for merely who Jesus is?

Luke—14:26 to 27

“If any one comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple’’.

Gita says ‘Eka Bhakthih Vishishyate’ which means that the person having only one bond with the Lord alone is liberated. The liberation itself means destruction of all the bonds in this world. Without full liberation, one cannot have a strong bond with the Lord. Unless one is completely relieved from the world, one cannot join God. The joining report in the new institution is not possible without complete relief from the previous institution.

You cannot partially join the new institution. It cannot be a side employment. Ofcourse such partial bond can be treated as the intermediate stage and is better than no bond. But the aim should not be such partial bond. If you aim at 100 marks, you may get 40 marks and pass. But if you aim at 40 marks only, you will fail. Therefore, let the aim be total liberation from the world and single bond with the God.

The bond consists of three parts. The service in terms of sacrifice of work and fruit of work comprises ninety-nine paise (paise=cent). Love with mind consists of 2/3rd paise. Remembering through words consists of 1/3rd paise. If you take the case of Sankara, he has donated the whole rupee to the Lord. His love for his mother, words to praise mother and service to mother are diverted towards the Lord. He left his mother for the sake of the Lord. He has donated all the one hundred paise to the Lord. He is the top most beloved of the Lord. He should be our aim. In the beginning stage you cannot divert your work, which is called duty and mental attachment, which is called love to the Lord. At least make a humble beginning by donating the words to the Lord. Go on reading spiritual books and go on chanting his songs. By this you have donated 1/3rd paise to the Lord. Remember that you cannot purchase any item from any shop with 1/3rd paise. Therefore, do not aspire any thing in return from the Lord, for this 1/3rd paise. In the next stage you try to divert your mind towards the Lord, which is 2/3rd paise.

Do your duties to your family members, but without mental attachment. Such mental detachment has several added advantages. If one is mentally detached from the family members, he will not be hurt if they insult him in future. He will not be disturbed when their behaviour is not correct. He will not suffer if death attacks them. Such mental detachment brings full peace and balance of mind. Due to this he will be always energetic with good health. Therefore such mental detachment is needed even for an atheist. The detached mind cannot keep silent because it is habituated to the attachment. Therefore, attach the mind to the Lord. Such attachment will always give infinite bliss in the life. When you are successful in attaching the mind to the Lord, you are called as devotee. But a devotee can be disturbed. The devotion becomes firm if his intelligence takes a firm decision through knowledge. Therefore, Knowledge gives firm decision to the intelligence (Buddhi) and this makes the devotion of mind (Manas) to be firm. Therefore, Gita started with Buddhi Yoga or Jnana Yoga in the second chapter.

When the mind is fixed on the Lord with the help of the knowledge of the intelligence, the work will naturally change and will follow the mind. The mind is like the king. The words are like his ministers. The intelligence is like his preacher or Guru. The work is like his army. Therefore, with the help of the words the mind should be diverted to the Lord and it is fixed with the help of the intelligence. The words divert the mind, whereas the intelligence fixes the mind. Therefore, when you have donated words and mind to the Lord and when you are strengthened by the spiritual knowledge your duties and responsibilities, which form the work, will naturally be diverted towards the Lord. The work is always inert item and is controlled by the mind and intelligence.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1149 on: December 02, 2010, 10:23:33 PM »

ANTONIO

Mark you this, Bassanio,
    The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
    An evil soul producing holy witness
    Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
    A goodly apple rotten at the heart:
    O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!

The Merchant of Venice (I, iii)

police

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1150 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »

I'm sorry, but there are people in the world who love their parents, there wives and children, their friends and family NOT because they can get something in return, but simply for the sake of loving them.

Our point is the same thing. What is the point? Showing same love to God as we show our love to dear and near ones. For example when you show love to them, you are not praying by names or singing their glories! You practically serve them by giving food, money, cloth etc which are practical. You are not doing any theory like praying on them, singing on them etc! Directly you do all practical service to them that too without anybodies compulsion or request... This is inherent in us. The same thing should be extended to GOd also... Your theory should become practical incase of God. You should practically love GOd without any expecation of anything in return.

For this to happen, God has to be with us in human form. To a living God only we can do practical service like serving in His mission of divine knowledge propagation. To a living God only we can give money as our offering. Praying only forms 1% of our service to God, praying is theory, it good and should be done, but along with that the major chunk of service is through practical service to God in human form. To facilitate our love on God, God comes in human form and participating in His mission of divine knowledge propagation proves our bond with Him compared to our family bonds, now competion really start between bond with family and bond with God in human form. NOw your true colour will come out..Whom you give importance family or God in human form.... This happens only when your love on God is high comapred to other love...  Till then GOd will not test you...

the question here is : Can you give highest value for God?

The point is not about imaginable form or unimaginable form of God. The point is whether you can prove practically that God is highest for you or not?

A voice from the sky came down to Abraham asking him that whether he can sacrifice his son for the sake of God. Here God is not in the visible form. Abraham immediately proved his devotion. Jesus asked the fishermen to leave everything and follow Him. They left everything and followed Jesus.
 Here, Abraham and fishermen proved their highest devotion for God.
In the case of Abraham God was in invisible form and unimaginable. In the case of fishermen God was in a visible human form. Therefore, the imaginable and unimaginable concepts of God are not important.

Moreover, the unimaginable concept of God is not from the side of God. It is only from your side since it is your defect. Your imagination cannot transcend the dimensions of space to understand God, who is beyond space, being the creator of space.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1151 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »

When you're "God", what need have you for Scripture or patristics?  Roll Eyes

God is the direct source of divine knowledge......He is the living scripture.....from WHom knowledge flows out....Knowledge is inherent in God......
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1152 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:53 PM »

True Essence of Yoga

Yoga is the most prestigious field of spiritualism. People think about 6 wheels (Chakras) or lotus flowers present in the spinal card, which are not seen by the eyes. They are imaginary and so they carry some inner meaning. When you say a face as a moon, fools search for moon in that face. But, wise people see similarity in the face and moon. Similarly, wheels and lotus flowers should not be searched in the spinal card. Spinal card is the main nerve, representing mind, which is the base of love.

All these wheels or lotus flowers are the bonds of love in the various relatives like parents, wife or husband, children etc. They are compared to wheels or the revolving whirlpools in the ocean, which attract a swimmer and drown him. Similarly, these love wheels are compared to lotus flowers, since the lotus flowers attract the bee by sweet fragrance and bind it. Similarly, these love flowers attract any one and bind them. “Kundalini” is the mind which is the energy travelling as waves like a serpent, should cross all these love wheels connected to 7th lotus flower in the head called “Sahasrara”, which is Buddhi or intelligence that takes the decision, which is the firm love on God.

Bhagavat Gita is called as the main scripture of Yoga (Yoga-Sastra). Why there is not even single reference to these wheels or lotus flowers in anywhere in Gita or even in Upanishats? Since they are not real, they are not even mentioned. The author of the Gita was Krishna, who was called Master of Yoga (Yogeswara). Krishna also says that the real yoga was lost since long (Sa kaleneha mahata….). This means that in the beginning, Sages in India knew the real yoga and loved God only crossing all their family bonds. In due course of time only, this true yoga was lost. Why? The middle age Indians were unable to cross their family bonds and so failed to succeed in Yoga.

They wanted to cover their in ability by twisting the very concept of yoga. The family bonds were removed from the concept and only wheels or lotus flowers are left fixed. Now, they close the eyes and say that they have seen the lotus flowers or wheels, which are only imaginary. Now they cross these wheels by their imaginary “Kundalini” and say that they have succeeded in Yoga. These blind teachers are also not to be blamed, because they were trained like that by their blind teachers. This misinterpretation was done long time back and hence, even at the time of Krishna, He told that yoga was lost since a long time.

We cannot catch those original culprits, who were the top most twisting masters and so the present tradition also cannot be blamed. Only rectification is the way left over. Some say that they see light, which is only an imagination. After all, the mind is a form of energy and on its concentration imaginary light can be imagined. Instead of such a week light, you better see a strong light with your open eyes. What is the use of these imaginary lights and colours, without achieving the Lord through your love, which excels the various worldly, loves.

I pity the foreigners, who are trapped in this false imaginary line of yoga, who are wasting their precious lifetime and energy. In fact, they are the best to succeed in yoga, if the reality of the yoga is exposed. Their family bonds are very weak and their love towards God is real, which is proved by their huge sacrifice of money to God’s work. Money is the fruit of work and its sacrifice for God’s work is “Karma phala tyaga” as mentioned in Gita. Again, the middle age Indians twisted this word “Karma phala tyaga” as sacrifice of the fruit of the work like praying God instead of sacrifice of money.

The reason was that these Indians were unable to sacrifice money to God due to their strong love on their children. Foreigners ask their children to earn after certain age. Indians store money even for ten generations and still continue to store only. Since prayers, meditation and knowledge are very much diverted to God, India was blessed by God with good language, good mind and good knowledge.

Since foreigners are good in sacrifice, God blessed them with good wealth. Even Indian spiritual centres were strongly funded by foreigners only. Swami Vivekananda cried, “Why my India suffers with poverty in spite of so much spiritual knowledge?” Sacrifice of money (Karma phala tyaga) and sacrifice of work (karma Sanyasa) put together constitute the God’s service, which is the real Yoga (real proof of love) called “Karma yoga” in Gita. Foreigners are the best in this karma yoga and so they easily succeed in yoga. Throughout Gita, this karma yoga was explained as yoga and wheels or lotus flowers are not at all mentioned.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1153 on: December 02, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »

Any discussion or debate with this dude is fruitless, like trying to nail jello to a wall.    

I'm surprised that people are still trying to argue with him.

Dattaswami doesn't care about Orthodox Christianity. He couldn't care less about what the scriptures or the Fathers say. The sooner people realize that, the sooner this stupid thread can die.

Spiritual uplifment is the main aim of God, hence He preaches impartially to all. While preaching the Lord follows the psychology of receiver and speaks to His corresponding level only in a palatable way (Priyam) so that  he will not run away on hearing a harsh truth (Satyam), which may correspond to higher level.  But at the same time the Lord will not preach a lie (Amrutam) even if it is liked very much.

At the same time he will introduce slightly higher level so that a little truth with little harshness is introduced.  The psychology of the receiver which likes only palatable concepts is as important as the truth.  If a lie which is highly palatable is spoken, the huge majority of followers will appear. But what is the use of such preaching?  Because the receiver is not really benefited in long range (upper world).  If the entire concept is reveled, it is so harsh that people will run away without even hearing it.  Therefore, the middle gold path of Aristotle should be followed so that a minority of followers appears.

If the preacher shows some miracles, huge crowds will follow who will be interested in solving their problems by exploiting that super power.  In that case the preacher may speak any nonsense, the followers will be clapping.  The devotion of such followers is only artificial and such devotees are the prostitute devotees.  The miracles are exhibited by the Lord spontaneously in the case of extreme necessity for the sake of a really deserving devotee. 

The miracle is expected to help the devotee in the spiritual path.  The sage Udanka did not ask for the vision of Viswarupam.  But still the Lord showed it and sage Udanka got its benefit permanently. The sage believed the human incarnation throughout his life.  Arjuna could get only some temporary benefit by such vision and therefore the Lord did not show it by himself unless Arjuna requested for it.   Duryodhana did not ask for it but Dhrutarashtra asked to see it. In the case of these two, there is no use at all and the vision did not change them. The miracle can not be a poof of the Lord because even the devotees either good or bad also show miracles. 
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1154 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »

If any body want to read My divine knowledge in book form (discourses during year 2010), you can freely read it/download it from the following link:

Divine discourses of Shri Dattaswami during 2010

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c38a6156-56b9-4a62-a282-7063eeeb9244/Divine-Discourses-during-2010
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:58:54 PM by dattaswami » Logged
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1155 on: December 02, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.

Correct a demon can quote scripture. But he can never give the correct interpretation of scriptures. Only God can give the correct interpretation of scriptures since He Himself is the author of all the scriptures.

How to differentiate a demon from the real God in human form...?

Veda says that the true spiritual knowledge itself is God. The possessor of true spiritual knowledge and the best preacher of such true spiritual knowledge is the true spiritual knowledge and its best explanation only. You need not search the possessor of knowledge by going to various places. The knowledge given by a preacher is printed in the form of books. You can read various books, which are the messages given by various preachers. You can judge the true knowledge explained in best way. How to judge the true knowledge? It is said that your inner consciousness is the best judge (Pramanamantahkaranapravruttayah). When something is true, your inner consciousness will always prick you, saying that it is truth, even though you may not like it. Similarly your inner consciousness will say the false thing as false, even though you may like it. Actually God is giving this hint to you through your inner consciousness.

Sometimes, the knowledge may be true, but, if the explanation is not good, you will be having confusion. Even in such situation, your inner consciousness hints you that it is true. Ofcourse, if the true knowledge is explained in best way, you will not have any confusion. Therefore, not only the knowledge must be true, but also the way of explanation must be best. When both these aspects are accomplished, know that the preacher of such true knowledge explained in best way is God alone.

Such preacher is called as Satguru. Guru is the preacher and may give the true knowledge, which was already given by God through the scripture. But the best explanation of it, clarifying all your doubts is possible to God alone (chidyante sarvasamsayah).

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1156 on: December 02, 2010, 11:03:40 PM »

Thank you for the correction.   Smiley

A Collection of Sayings by Sri Ramakrishna

http://www.writespirit.net/authors/sri_ramakrishna/a_collection_of_sayings

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rls/rls25.htm
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:04:51 PM by dattaswami » Logged
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1157 on: December 03, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »

Why should anyone bother clicking on your links when you've already posted 100% of your writings in this thread at least twice over?

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #1158 on: December 03, 2010, 01:00:17 AM »

Why should anyone bother clicking on your links when you've already posted 100% of your writings in this thread at least twice over?
One saying I saw was: "As water does not enter into a stone, so religious advice produces no impression on the heart of a worldly man."
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1159 on: December 03, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »

True Essence of Yoga

FYI, Cigarette Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Yoga and Pets are four things that I can live without.   Grin
Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #1160 on: December 03, 2010, 01:46:27 AM »

And now, a word from our Sponsor:

RtE: Did she ever try to talk to the Hindus themselves about the difference between their many gods and Christ? Obviously, she wouldn’t have done it in an overly-zealous evangelical way.

Sister Gavrilia: She waited, like a true disciple of Christ Who said, “To the one who asks, give.” You don’t give if you aren’t asked, because if I ask you for something this means I need it and I am ready to accept it and understand it. If you go around preaching without my asking you, I’ll say, “Let her talk, I don’t care.” I won’t pay any attention to what you say. So, she was waiting for questions to come from the Hindus. She never just handed out Gospels, she waited to be asked. And she also gave the “Imitation of Christ” by Thomas Kempis because she said there were many references there to the Gospel. At one point when she was working in the dispensary of the ashram of Sivananda, his disciple, Chichananda, became angry in a public lecture and lost his calm. He was very sorry for this, and later said to her, “Did you hear what happened to me? Is there any book you can give me?” He was looking at her as a person who had a kind of asceticism and spirituality. He did not know this kind of Christianity. He knew the other – the active, the social, the missionary schools of other denominations. So she gave him the Philokalia. He was quite impressed, and the next thing he did was to visit Mount Athos. A Hindu monk, can you imagine?

RtE: Wonderful. You’ve said that Mother Gavrilia saw many people come to India seeking gurus. What did she think was the effect of eastern spiritual practice on western Christian souls?

Sister Gavrilia: She said that Hindu spirituality is alright for Hindus, but the Western European or American who goes there as a seeker has a characteristic which the Hindus and their fathers and grandfathers don’t have – a certain amount of spiritual pride. “I want to become a Hindu because I want to be different from my friends back in France, in Italy, in the States.” This temptation is very close to the person who goes seeking exotic spiritualities. She said, “They come and dress in the orange robes, grow beards and do this or that, but there is this unfortunate temptation to pride and that is why many of these western young people who go to Indian ashrams end up in psychiatric clinics.” In Hindu philosophy, the guru, the spiritual father, is the avatar, he is thought to be God Himself. So, you can understand how sad she felt about these young people. She said, “Instead of putting another human person in the place of God, you should put God there.”

Cool!!
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1161 on: December 03, 2010, 02:17:30 AM »

I didn't notice anyone trying to be a hero.  I think they just spoke their mind.  Maybe they were disturbed by his blasphemy.  I know I was.  Undecided

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1162 on: December 03, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »

True Essence of Yoga

FYI, Cigarette Smoking, Drug and Alcohol Addiction, Yoga and Pets are four things that I can live without.   Grin

You are correct. Our aim shall be to serve God without any expectation....

Sacrifice of what? Sacrifice to whom? These two are the important points. Sacrifice proves the real love. Sacrifice of words, mind, intelligence, work and fruit of work are the five items. The sacrifice of the former three items is theoretical devotion which is fruitful only when it is transformed into the sacrifice of the last two items which is the practical love. You can realize this truth in your daily experience as seen in the case of your children. Theoretical love alone will not give any fruit. The theoretical knowledge and theoretical devotion are like water and fertilizer which applied to the service-tree can only give fruits through the tree and not directly.

The meals should be associated with the drinking water but offering drinking water only to the guest cannot be charged. Even the hotel does not charge for it. The sacrifice of first three items is offering drinking water and the sacrifice of other two is offering meals. To prove that your bond to God is highest, you have to sacrifice the highest bond. The other bonds need not be tested. The highest bond may be Dharma, money, life, or children etc. Some have highest bond with one of these and they can sacrifice all the other bonds for the sake of that particular highest bond. In such case God competes with that highest bond only to know whether He is higher than your highest.

People are saying that God is highest for them. Some say this with ignorance and some tell this knowing that it is not true. In both cases, God proves the truth through the test (Datta Pariksha). God knows the truth but the revelation of truth is for your sake and not for His sake. If you realize the truth, you will try to succeed in the next examination by doing the spiritual effort. Otherwise, you are expecting God to believe whatever you say and react accordingly. All the prayers to God are utterances of lies only and all the worships are the trials to fool God.

Generally the word sacrifice is used in the sense of sacrificing the fruit of work (money or wealth) and service means the sacrifice of work. The saints are not having any wealth because they have dedicated themselves in the service of the Lord. Therefore sacrifice of fruit of work does not apply to their case. Hanuman is a bachelor-saint and so can only do the sacrifice of work.

The requirement of the Lord is also very important. To get back Sita, the Lord required only sacrifice of work and the other sacrifice was not required. Krishna was a young boy in Brundavanam and does not require the sacrifice of work because His mission has not started. Gopikas were householders and women who cannot sacrifice the work like Hanuman in a war against injustice. They sacrificed their wealth (Butter) because the boy also requires good food to grow well. The requirement was for the sacrifice of the fruit of the work.

Butter was the fruit of their tedious work. When the war against injustice came, the Lord required the sacrifice of work from Arjuna just like from Hanuman. Rama required the service in His personal work whereas Krishna required the service in the work of the devotees (Pandavas). If you take Sankara, the Lord required the service of the four disciples in propagation of knowledge for the welfare of the society. Similarly Ramanuja and Madhva required the service of the disciples in the propagation of devotion and divine service. Therefore the Lord may sometimes require your service in His personal work or your service in the personal work of a devotee or in the welfare of society. The Lord knows what to do when. His decision is always the best. You should not analyze the Lord because He is beyond logic.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1163 on: December 03, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »

The meals should be associated with the drinking water but offering drinking water only to the guest cannot be charged. Even the hotel does not charge for it.
There are plenty of places in Germany that charge for it.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1164 on: December 03, 2010, 11:55:14 AM »

The meals should be associated with the drinking water but offering drinking water only to the guest cannot be charged. Even the hotel does not charge for it.
There are plenty of places in Germany that charge for it.
This is the problem. You have to take the inner meaning of divine knowledge. I will explain. Your prayer is only a theoretical devotion to God. It is like drinking water associtated with full meals. The central item is the meal. It carries the weightage in terms of cost.

Like wise only your practical service to God alone prove your love and which only will carry weightage infront of GOd. You can serve only a visible GOd that too when He is available in Human form. Thus serving the God in human form in His mission of divine knowledge propagation forms the real love to God....

You can ask if you are not understanding any portion of the divine knowledge....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1165 on: December 03, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »

I didn't notice anyone trying to be a hero.  I think they just spoke their mind.  Maybe they were disturbed by his blasphemy.  I know I was.  Undecided

The reply to you is:

"Has it not been written in your Law, 'I
said, you are gods'?  If he called them gods, to whom the word
of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of
Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You
are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?" (John
10:34-36).

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1166 on: December 03, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »

One saying I saw was: "As water does not enter into a stone, so religious advice produces no impression on the heart of a worldly man."

Exactly, divine knowledge will not enter a person who is full of worldly desires and attachment. One has to put effort and become detached in the world and should get attached to God. Only to a living GOd we can get attached, the living GOd is the present human form of God.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1167 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:43 PM »

Identity mark for recognizing the human incarnation of the Lord

The real characteristic properties of the Lord as declared by Veda are the Special Knowledge (Prajnana), the Love (Rasa or Prema) and the Bliss (Ananda). Veda also says that these three characteristics must be experienced by others if the possessor is having really those characteristics. The characteristic property of the fire is heat. Any person who is near the fire should experience the heat and then only we can say that the fire is hot. Similarly the Lord in human form must make others to experience the Jnana, Prema and Ananda. Veda says ‘Esha Hyeva Anandayati’, which means that He creates Bliss in the hearts of others.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1168 on: December 03, 2010, 12:05:21 PM »

Human form of God is recognized after His death only:

The Gita clearly says that God comes in the form of a human being (Manushiim…). But the serious objection to the human incarnation is that if there were only one human incarnation like Krishna, only one human generation would be blessed [to be in contact with Him] and therefore God must be partial. To avoid this blame, Krishna said that He would come again and again (Yadayadahi…). But the same human body of Krishna is not seen again and again. This means that God is beyond the human body and hence God is beyond this entire creation.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1169 on: December 03, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »

Knowledge from the Sadguru:

The Sadguru (teacher of true knowledge of God, who is also a human incarnation of God) gives the right knowledge, even without your service. You can serve Him only when you are convinced. Your service to Him will help Him help others. Infact a Sadguru does not need your service because He is God Himself. He can help others by His own powers. But you will not get the right benefit from Him, because you did not show gratefulness to Him. Suppose a doctor gives you medicines for some illness without asking for fees and you get cured. If you do not pay his fees due to your greediness, even though you are capable of paying, you will die with a new disease
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: