OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 12:43:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 106978 times) Average Rating: 0
NorthernPines
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

FWIW I am reading a very interesting book called "Hinduism and Christianity", by Swami Satprakashanada, published in 1975 (available on Amazon if you're interested). 

It's quite good, and explains in lucid, relatively easy to understand English the similarities and differences between the two faiths.

Of course, being written by a Hindu, it is certainly biased in favor of Hinduism.  But unlike our friend dattaspammi's posts here, it's actually quite readable and educational.  Speaking as someone who isn't really as informed about Hinduism as I'd like to be, I highly recommend it.  Cool

Exactly! I would certainly hope people reading this do not assume that dattaswami is a faithful representation of Hinduism or Hindu theology. His essays (I'm not even sure they are short enough to be called essays, they are more a thesis...lol!) reflect very little of what much of Hinduism actually teaches. Hinduism is of course not monolithic, there are as many forms of Hinduism as there are villages in India, yet they do hold much in common which I have found to only be present in bits and pieces of dattaswami's postings. He is definitely not representative of much, if not most of Hinduism. There are far better ways to learn and discuss much common ground between our two faiths, many Hindus have no problem celebrating Christmas, Easter, reading the Bible or anything else. They are simply more inclusive and see many Incarnations of the Logos (a point we disagree with them on), but are perfectly happy with Christians following Jesus. Dattaswami OTH is trying to convince us that we must follow him and only him, which isn't like Hinduism at all. Even those folks who believe people like Sathya Sai Baba is a current Incarnation of God, would never say we all have to follow Sathya Sai Baba and only Sathya Sai Baba. Even Sathya Sai Baba doesn't claim that. So this claim that someone is a unique Incarnation which we all must follow isn't Hinduism at all though he is using a lot of fancy Hindu terms and is speaking in the language of Hinduism I don't see any real similarities. it's a shame a too because I think a real dialogue between our two faiths could have been edifying but alas it is what it is.

NorthernPines
High Elder

« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2010, 01:20:33 PM »

YES. If you say 100 times Jesus as God, I will say million times Jesus as God!!. Jesus was God in human form no doubt about that. But JESUS is not with us. He was the human incarnation for that generation. NOw Jesus is present in the present human incarnation. Jesus is not speaking to us, only present human form of Jesus alone can speak to us.

So you are telling us that not only do we have it wrong by saying that Jesus speaks to us today, but so do a billion and half Hindus who believe in their hearts that Krishna, Shiva or any of the other Incarnations of God are speaking to them? Only you can speak to people? Holy Mackerel! Cheesy

Here is a question, do you believe we should practice prayer and meditation? If so, why since we can just call you up on the phone? What would be the point of seeking union with God through meditation and prayer and fasting when you are here among us? Just a curious question.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

Now Venu you are speaking quite differently than you were before. You first claim yourself a Christian, and then when pressed for straightforward answers you become less than charitable. And BTW, please stop playing the martyr card OK? We are not the Jews, and you are not Christ. Just because we oppose your teachings does not make you automatically the harbringer of truth. Your logic is circular, and you have completely failed to convince anyone to follow you. You are a FAR cry from OUR Christ.

Veda says that true (Satyam Jnanam) and excellent (Prajnanam) spiritual knowledge alone is the real identification of God.  Therefore, you have to examine the knowledge first and not the preacher.

So you are saying that you can live like the devil but as long as what you are teaching sounds square I should believe you? No OUR Christ spoke with eloquence, simplicity, and the purest wisdom. You can do none of these things from what your previous posts testify too. And can you please realize that we as Orthodox Christians, do not care what the Vedas say. We will not convert to your paganism, even when you lie about it (which you have) or when you openly proclaim it. What you are teaching in no way parallels what we teach and believe. Why do you still keep posting?

While you are examining the answer scripts of the students, you are unaware of any student.  You are giving highest marks simply based on the merit of the answer without knowing the student of that script.  You are not aware of the personal merits and personal defects of the student while giving the highest marks to a particular script. 

You are not judging the student by his character and conduct.   The knowledge of the student alone is relevant basis for giving the gold medal.  Similarly, the true and excellent spiritual knowledge alone is the deciding factor for identifying God in human form of the present generation because you are going to get the right direction in your spiritual journey through the true knowledge only.

Gita also says that the Preacher of the true knowledge is God (Jnanitvaatmaiva….).  This means that the merit of the knowledge alone should be the deciding factor in recognizing God. 
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »

Hinduism
The Power of the Pagan Gods

Hinduism's Assault
Upon Christianity

By Hieromonk Seraphim Rose

http://www.orthodoxcentral.com/fatheralexander/unzippedfiles/hinduism_e.doc

When Vedanta Societies were founded in this country, around the turn of the century, first efforts were directed to establishing that there was no real difference between Hinduism and Christianity. Not only was there no conflict, but a good Christian would be a better Christian by studying and practicing the Vedanta; he would understand the real Christianity.

In early lectures, the Swamis attempted to show that those ideas which seemed peculiar to Christianity — like the Logos and the Cross — really had their origin in India. And those ideas which seemed peculiar to Hinduism — like rebirth, transmigration of the soul and samadhi (or trance) were also to be found in Christian scripture — when it was properly interpreted.

This kind of bait caught many sincere but misguided Christians. The early push was against what might be called “sectarian” dogmas, and for a so-called scientific religion based on a comparative study of all religions. Primary stress was always on this: there is no such thing as difference. All is One. All differences are just on the surface; they are apparent or relative, not real. All this is clear from published lectures that were delivered in the early 1900's. Today we are in great danger because this effort was so very successful.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #634 on: November 17, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »

Start talking about Rolls Royces or Bentleys and this "swami" will call you irrelevant and out of context.

Friends, you can't preach to the Devil for God has allowed dattaswami to tempt us to abandon what we know and help him buy his next Maybach which he can drive through the middle of us, starved and impoverished, as we worship him.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »

Start talking about Rolls Royces or Bentleys and this "swami" will call you irrelevant and out of context.

Friends, you can't preach to the Devil for God has allowed dattaswami to tempt us to abandon what we know and help him buy his next Maybach which he can drive through the middle of us, starved and impoverished, as we worship him.
Is dattaswami rich?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »

Dear Swami,

If you are the incarnation of Jesus Christ I suppose there must be other Swamis on earth who are incarnations of Gautama Buddha, also of Muhammad and Zoroaster and Confucius.

Is there some sort of Accreditation Board for Professional Swamis and Incarnations which investigates these matters and declares if it is a genuine incarnation or not?

God comes in human form at the same time, in different incarnation. God exhibit the divinity in these human incarnations to varying degree, to preach people of corresponding level.

For example let us take bible itself:

St. John the Baptist and Jesus were human incarnations existed at the same time. St. John the Baptist also had disciples and He also preached. But He did not preach higher divine knoweldge. He preached so that people are uplifted to hear the higher divine knoweldge from God in human form Jesus. It is like nursery school and pHD. St. John the Baptist  catered to the requirement of preparing people to understand the preaching of Jesus atleast. Even though same God was present in both, God revealed His divinity 100% through Jesus and the evidence is His divine knowledge.

Even Jesus was a disciple of St. John the Baptist , just to complete the formalities. But His divine knowledge was far supprior that that of St. John the Baptist.

St. John the Baptist  Himself testifies it. One is coming after Me, He will preach you with fire, I can preach you only with water.

Here fire means true divine knowledge which burns our ignorance about God (our doubts) and increase our love on God. Water means there is a possiblity of again becoming dirty. That means the knoweldge is not complete.

Hence St. John the Baptist told, i am not even eligible to tie the knot of the chappal of Jesus.

St. John the Baptist  was also a Prophet but God showed His divinity in Jesus fully since God was present in Jesus all the time. In St. John the Baptist , God's power only existed, not God Himself.

Thus you have to search the correct human incarnation in which GOd really exists by first listening to His divine knowledge and analysing it thoughrouly. Divine knowledge is the identification mark.

At the same time God may exists in same human incarnation. But one has to find out the human incarnation in which God exists all the time and preaches wonderful divine knowledge.

By anaysing the divine knowledge you can conclude whether a particular preacher is God in human form or not....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »

Is dattaswami rich?

Richness of Swami

I passed through a severe phase of poverty in My life. There were days when I just had a handful rice only once a day. But I am telling you without any trace of hypocrisy that I was fully contented with whatever I had. I allowed all the family members to eat the food first and whatever little was left over was taken by Me with full pleasure and satisfaction. I was with full health and I was not having any trace of illness in those days. I was very active both physically and mentally. My concentration on God was at its climax in those days. I always praised the Lord with full bliss and never asked the Lord for a single paisa. I always thanked the Lord for that handful of rice given to Me because I compared Myself with several beggars and pitiable animals like street dogs, which were not blessed even with that amount of food.

My position in the list of all the living beings was very high. I never thought that My position was low. For that high position I always thanked the Lord. It was the best time for Me to test the faith, loyalty and sincerity of My wife towards Me. I searched for any trace of dissatisfaction or displeasure in her mind towards Me. But, I am proud to announce the truth that I could not find any such trace in her mind. She would always console Me and preach philosophy to Me whenever I acted in grief. Whenever I remember those days, I feel that those days were the most sacred days in My life. In those days I rose to the highest spiritual level and was completely absorbed in God. Thus, poverty in the materialistic line was the richest time for Me in the spiritual line. Wealth and happiness bring egoism and inertness to the brain. Poverty and misery destroys the egoism and will make you think of God at all times. Therefore, if you really analyse, poverty is wealth and wealth is poverty.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »

Even Christ shook the dust from his feet when no one listened to his teaching. Why Venu, when we clearly don't care, and realize exactly what you are trying to do, do you persist. No one cares about your patchwork doctrine. No one.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »

Dattaswami OTH is trying to convince us that we must follow him and only him, which isn't like Hinduism at all.

I never told you to follow me alone. First of all let me clarify this. God is not found of fame and name and forced attraction to Him. He preaches the divine knowledge; how to identify God in human form of the generation etc etc.

Some people can understand this or many may not understand this. God is not going to loose anything by that. Even one follows or not follows how God is going to get affected?. After all He is not a politician. He is not here, for followers....Ordinary preaches do such cheap tactics. This entire creation is His, then why should He go after fame and name and followers??!!!

The main aim of the propagation of this divine knowledge is to make understand the divine knoweldge in theory atleast. The reader after reading the divine knoweldge is left alone to take a decision on the knoweldge. He is completely free to chose what he likes.

If you read Bible, then Human incarnation Jesus also preached, I am the only path, if some body want to please Father, then he has to please Me first, through Me alone one can approach Heavenly Father.

When St. Peter asked, show us the FATHER that is what we needed; then Jesus replied, Dont you know that when you see Me you have seen the Father alone!!!

Why Jesus stressed too much on following Him? Is Jesus selfish? or Jesus fond of disciples?? NO NO NO....

Because God was in Jesus all the time, hence Jesus was the correct place of God, one can serve God only through an alive Human incarnation in which God is present. God cannot be served by anyother means than this means of directly serving God in human form in which GOd is present.

Hence Jesus told, Behold; many many kings, many many saints wished to see, and hear what you see and hear now, they could not!!! So use your precious time when I am with you, use Me, ask from Me clarify all your doubts, Human incarnation is a very rare phenomenon and it is very difficult to identify Him when alive. Do not waste this chance, you are very lucky to see Me, here on earth, do not waste this opportunity, many many people dreamed of this, but they could not meet human incarnation of their generation, now you are very lucky to see Me, so use Me, clarfiy all the doubts from Me...

Jesus told, like that. Jesus never told, let us go to church, in church you will see Father. There were churches (Sinaguages) and priests that time also who preached. Jesus never told, Father is in the church, let us sit in the church to please Father. Jesus never told it to His disciples. He told, Father and I are the one. I am the only path to Father. If one want to see Father, Just see Me and follow My preaching and work for divine knowledge propagation. It is the Father who resides in Him preached this way. The biggest church is the Human incarnation Himself, since God is present all the time alive in the Human incarnation and HIs body is called, a pious place or church.

Human incarnation is the church since GOd lives in Him all the time. Church means pious place, where God lives that place is sacred and pious. God is alive in present human incarnation. Present Human incarnation is the residing place of God now on this very earth. That God is not living silently. A satue or photo in a church will not speak. But GOD is always alive, in human incarnation who is the real church in which GOd is present and He speaks divine knoweldge....Not for fame, but for a noble cause of uplifting the human souls...
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2010, 10:39:25 PM »

Even Christ shook the dust from his feet when no one listened to his teaching. Why Venu, when we clearly don't care, and realize exactly what you are trying to do, do you persist. No one cares about your patchwork doctrine. No one.

You are very correct Jesus told, if any one do not accept your divine knoweldge (to disciples), remove even the dust under your foot wear against them! See the impartial attitude of Jesus. Those who do not interested in divine knowledge should be left alone.

But God is a kind Father, all the people are His children only. Hence when He comes in human form, He shows infinite kindness to all His own children who resists His divine knowledge. God always keeps a ray of hope even in this advanced state of scientific development so that His children will atleast understand the spiritual concepts and may be in future they may get a chance to follow it.

Also, by doing so in the upper world the souls cannot critisise Him that He did not preach them on the earth.

In that parable of that poor Lazer and that rich man, the rich man after death went to Hell and he ask God to sent Prophet to his relatives....

Like this God is alert from HIs side so that He is not critisised in the upperworld for not preaching the concept of human incarnation.....
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »

I am certain that you only read the first sentence that anyone writes to you in reply. Then you think of a way to reply with three or so paragraphs from the Vedas, or whatever other work that fits what you Re trying to say at the moment. Do you understand that NO ONE CARES?Huh?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »

I am certain that you only read the first sentence that anyone writes to you in reply. Then you think of a way to reply with three or so paragraphs from the Vedas, or whatever other work that fits what you Re trying to say at the moment. Do you understand that NO ONE CARES?Huh?

To you i have replied and it is your duty to read the reply and responds to it.

Jesus liked discussion. He never told like a dictator that one should blind follow Me. He discussed at length and breadth the divine knowledge.

So be like that participate in discussion please...
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »

Wealth and happiness bring egoism and inertness to the brain. Poverty and misery destroys the egoism and will make you think of God at all times. Therefore, if you really analyse, poverty is wealth and wealth is poverty.

So, you want us in poverty so you can become wealthy.

I never watched the movie, Slumdog Millionaire, so if you want to become wealthy (and you sound like an intelligent person), you may want to learn how to play Texas Hold'Em Poker whose 2010 World Series of Poker Champion won close to $9 Million.  As someone omniscient, you would bluff well and win lots of money.

From http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/jonathan-duhamel-poker-player-profile-13339/

Jonathan Duhamel chipped up during the 2010 World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event and made the most of his arsenal, playing big stack poker to the best of his ability. He became the first ever WSOP Main Event champ from Canada and earned $8.9 million.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:08:25 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2010, 11:57:19 PM »

Quote from: dattaswami
He never told like a dictator that one should blind follow Me.

Matthew 10:38

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Mark 2:14

As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.

Mark 8:34

When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Luke 9:23

Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

John 1:43

The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, “Follow Me.”

John 10:27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

John 12:26

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #645 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:54 PM »

Jesus liked discussion. He never told like a dictator that one should blind follow Me. He discussed at length and breadth the divine knowledge.

So why have you not bothered to discuss or inquire about Orthodox Christianity?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #646 on: November 18, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »

Venu, a discussion involves conversation, of which you refuse to engage in. I welcome a good spirited debate, but you refuse to converse with us. I await your copy and paste reply.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #647 on: November 18, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »

Venu, a discussion involves conversation, of which you refuse to engage in. I welcome a good spirited debate, but you refuse to converse with us. I await your copy and paste reply.

I agree. God in human form can convey His message only through a two way discussion, during which many doubts are clarified. When questions are asked new points arise and the clarification is given in that direction. At a very small age itself Jesus was found to be discussion with priests etc at the church leaving parents. His bond with family was nil. He cared about God's work. He was completely unattached.

Nothing can be acheived overnight. Learning the divine knowledge takes place over a time period. Jesus preached divine knowledge to His disciples over a period of 2 years. They were personally associated with Jesus all the time. Jesus preached them efficiently and discussed the knowledge deeply. Only knowledge can stay in us and give the fruits.

He told that the true knowledge giving the correct direction followed by the effort of soul in implementation will burn all the sins of past, present and future (Jnanaagnih…, Abhyasenatu…). Jesus propagated this concept telling that if you confess and do not repeat the sins through surrender to God, all the sins will be excused. The priests of the church crucified Him, since the propagation of such true knowledge will affect their interests.

The sinners come and donate to get their sins cancelled. The priests play important role in this process and get highest respect from the public. The propagation of this truth will affect their business and respectful positions in the society. The priests of all the religions in the world are doing huge business based on this false concept only. In fact, these priests can earn more and can get more respect if they are based on the truth and propagate the true knowledge. When the truth is propagated, the souls will get real benefit. The priests will be rewarded more and hence, should not object the propagation of the true spiritual knowledge under the false impression that their livelihood gets spoiled by the true knowledge.

Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #648 on: November 18, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »

He didn't disappoint, did he?  Roll Eyes

It's a web bot.  It has to be.  Or, this guy has no life.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:13:52 PM by Agia Marina » Logged

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #649 on: November 18, 2010, 10:16:03 PM »

He never told like a dictator that one should blind follow Me.

Matthew 10:38

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Mark 2:14

As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” So he arose and followed Him.

Mark 8:34

When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Luke 9:23

Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

John 1:43

The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, “Follow Me.”

John 10:27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

John 12:26

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Very good. Jesus preached the divine knowledge in detail and asked them to follow Him based on the analysis of the divine knowledge. Bible did not tell every thing what Jesus did or preached. It is not a full account of Jesus life line by line. For example, child hood days of Jesus is not described in bible. Like that Jesus's life account is not given fully in bible. He might have preached other divine knowledge personally to disciples, which might not have recorded also.

The point here is that, God is very capable to answering our doubts. He will give full clarification to our doubts. After clarifying our doubts through the divine knowledge, our love on God increases many many fold, then following the Human incarnation is a spontaneous after effect only.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:17:20 PM by dattaswami » Logged
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2010, 10:22:58 PM »

I know all about orthodox christianity..........

Othodox christianity believe in Holy mass and confession in which Jesus is the only path. You go to church, attend Holy mass and other novenas, and respect saints and saint marry, celebrate Jesus birth and other days of saints.

In between the mass, Rev. Fr. gives speech on the selected bible verses. There will be generally 2 readings, one from Acts, other from Gospel, some times there will be 3 reading, one addionally from Old Testament.

In between, the Eurochriast is served representing Jesus in that small thin bread. Only those who have confessed can take the Eurochrist.

For children there is catichism, where lessons are taught. There is Mission Suday for gathering funds for missionaries.

There are Fathers and Sisters in the church.

etc
etc
this is orthodox christianity......
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2010, 10:30:05 PM »

Datta means God available for souls. He is available in the human form with materialized body since human beings are with materialized bodies. The same God is available in energetic body to angels and to the departed souls from the earth, since both angels and the departed souls are in the energetic bodies. The angels are the souls in permanent energetic bodies, whereas the departed souls exist in the energetic bodies till they take the re-birth. The present alive human form of God is most relevant to the present alive human generation.

Therefore, energetic form of God and also the past human form of God are irrelevant to the present human beings.
Hence, the fruits of devotion are given by the contemporary human incarnation only to any present alive human being. Before giving the fruit, you will be tested in two aspects.

1.   The first aspect is the importance you give to God above all your present bonds, which are mainly with your wealth (Dhaneshana), your wife or husband (Dareshana) and with your children (Putreshana). Another main bond is also regarding your attachment to your body and life (Deheshana and Praneshana). The first aspect deals with the position you give to God beyond all these five bonds.

2.   The second aspect is about your recognition of contemporary human incarnation of God through analysis.

The first aspect is called as Devotion (Bhakti Yoga) and the second aspect is called as Knowledge (Jnana Yoga). Of course, each of these two aspects always pervades the other aspect. The basis of establishment and development of Devotion is analysis or Knowledge. Similarly, the result of analysis or knowledge is always establishment and development of devotion.

Both Devotion and Knowledge are essential for your success in the examination conducted by Datta or contemporary human incarnation. Without examination, the fruit cannot be given. You cannot get the certificate of the degree without the final written examination. Devotion and Knowledge are essential requirements for the test conducted by Datta as paper and pen are essential requirements for the written examination.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2010, 10:33:02 PM »

For example, child hood days of Jesus is not described in bible

Luke 2

36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

39 So when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city, Nazareth. 40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

41 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother[e] did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”
49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

51 Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:29 PM »

For example, child hood days of Jesus is not described in bible

Luke 2

36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

39 So when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city, Nazareth. 40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

41 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother[e] did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”
49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

51 Then He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was subject to them, but His mother kept all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

What Jesus did between 18 to 30 years any account in the bible....? The point is that, Jesus taught many things and those who were alive and with Him, were fortunate to listen Him alive. Jesus is impartial and comes down in human form in every human generation to preach and uplift  us through His divine knowledge.

If you are selected as a disciple of such human incarnation then you are fortunte since you have become His family member and will enjoy the beauty of divine knowledge.

This is the only way to learn the divine knowledge alive from the mouth of human incarnation.

You have to strive for divine knowledge and you should increase your value of God, in such case GOd in human form will come to you.

Till then you can practice loving other human beings as your self and by such training for a long long time  your jealosy and egoism towards other human beings will get reduced and eventually you will be eligible to meet present human incarnation and listen to His divine knowledge......
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:52:26 PM by dattaswami » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »

Othodox christianity believe in Holy mass and confession in which Jesus is the only path. You go to church, attend Holy mass and other novenas, and respect saints and saint marry, celebrate Jesus birth and other days of saints.

In between the mass, Rev. Fr. gives speech on the selected bible verses. There will be generally 2 readings, one from Acts, other from Gospel, some times there will be 3 reading, one addionally from Old Testament.

In between, the Eurochriast is served representing Jesus in that small thin bread. Only those who have confessed can take the Eurochrist.

For children there is catichism, where lessons are taught. There is Mission Suday for gathering funds for missionaries.

etc
etc

No, it's really not. "Holy Mass and other novenas" (do you even know what "novena" means)? "Eurochrist"? "Small thin bread"?!?! I suppose next you'll say our head is called the Pope. Do you know the differences between Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholicism?

I'll tell you what- start with the Wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

This discussion forum is for the discussion of Orthodox Christianity. As long as you are wilfully ignorant of Orthodox Christianity, no one here will take you seriously.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:18:05 PM by Iconodule » Logged

Rufus
OC.net guru

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »

We don't traditionally call it "mass."

Old Testament readings only happen at Vespers, which is not "mass."

In between, the Eurochriast is served representing Jesus in that small thin bread.

Wrong on two counts.

Only those who have confessed can take the Eurochrist.

Usually wrong.

For children there is catichism, where lessons are taught.

There is Mission Suday for gathering funds for missionaries.

Huh

Not exactly.

etc
etc

Read Iconodule's Wikipedia article.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »

Again:

Luke 2

40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Then again, if you were Jesus, you would know these things.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:28:20 PM by biro » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #657 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »

etc
etc

Well, the Roman Catholics here will be pleased that you refer to them as "orthodox christianity," but the Orthodox here know you've not described them at all.  I'll echo Iconodule's sentiment: "As long as you are wilfully ignorant of Orthodox Christianity, no one here will take you seriously."  We say, "willfully ignorant," because you have an opportunity here to learn about what Orthodox Christianity really is; if you choose not to take advantage of that, then you only have yourself to blame.  But the offer remains: you can learn about us from us.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »

Dattaswami:

The Holy Apostle Thomas was one who once doubted Jesus, but then believed. Many, many years ago, St. Thomas went to India and preached the Gospel there. I pray that, through the intercessions of St. Thomas, the Lord may have mercy on you and bring you to faith in Christ.

http://orthodoxwiki.org/Apostle_Thomas
(Has information about the saint's life)

Kontakion (a hymn in his honor)

Thomas, the faithful servant and disciple of Christ,
    Filled with divine grace, cried out from the depth of his love:
    You are my Lord and my God!

There is an Orthodox Church in India, which I've mentioned before, and they may help you. There are many churches around the country. You may find the one closest to you.

http://mosc.in/

angel
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #659 on: November 19, 2010, 12:08:22 AM »

Venu, you are cracking me up sir. I mean I started chuckling with your reply about "understanding" Orthodoxy. If you are an incarnation of a god, how could you know so little about Orthodoxy? I really don't expect a reply from you to most of this post, because as I said before, you never read more than the first sentence of anyone's post. It's been good having a " discussion" with you. Could you find a super long, like at least 7 paragraphs, as a response to my post please? I love reading all of your extremely long posts. I know what you are thinking ( and no I'm not a god) this guy is so sarcastic. But seriously, I cant wait for another episode of the Venu Memoires.
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #660 on: November 19, 2010, 12:26:17 AM »

Venu, if you were God, you wouldn't make ridiculous statements about your Church.  Do yourself a favor, and learn about Orthodox Christianity.

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #661 on: November 19, 2010, 01:59:11 AM »

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #662 on: November 19, 2010, 02:19:49 AM »

Purrfect!
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2010, 02:49:41 AM »

Dear Swami,

If you are the incarnation of Jesus Christ I suppose there must be other Swamis on earth who are incarnations of Gautama Buddha, also of Muhammad and Zoroaster and Confucius.

Is there some sort of Accreditation Board for Professional Swamis and Incarnations which investigates these matters and declares if it is a genuine incarnation or not?

Dear Venu,

Do you know where we can find the current incarnation of Muhammed?  It would be interesting to see if he still maintains his teaching of conversion by the sword.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #664 on: November 19, 2010, 04:41:52 AM »

And since we're now submitting requests, may I ask for some smiting?  Do you do smiting?  I know some folks who need a good old-fashioned smiting.  Do you have a website for submitting requests?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #665 on: November 19, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »

Venu, if you were God, you wouldn't make ridiculous statements about your Church.  Do yourself a favor, and learn about Orthodox Christianity.

In nut shell your basic belief says that God descended in human form as Jesus to guide you in spiritual path. You become a follower of Jesus after Baptism ritual. I can become a follower of Jesus without any baptism also.

I can read the gospel of Jesus and understand His message. You resepect Jesus and worship Him. It is very good. Such prayers will be heard no doubt. Such prayers are definitely heard. There is no doubt in it. Not only the prayers to past human incarnations, God even hears if you pray to a symbolic representation of God also. But, what is the fruit for the prayer? A prayer cannot bring any fruit. Actual practical action only gives you the fruit. Practical action is meaningful only in the case of present alive human incarnation.

If you serve the God, God receives the fruit of your service only through present alive Human incarnation but not by past human incarnation. If you press the feet of an idol or statue, am I pressing God’s feet directly? Even when you serve the past human incarnation by pressing the feet of its idol, only idol receives the service but not the past human incarnation. But, idol is lifeless and not the actual Human incarnation because He is not in the alive form. Therefore, the service done in the case of alive human incarnation alone directly goes to God.

Praying the past human incarnation is not wrong. All these prayers bring only inspiration. Inspiration is necessary for action. But, action should be done to the alive present human incarnation. Praying past human incarnation is right but it is not complete.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #666 on: November 19, 2010, 07:56:18 AM »

In nut shell your basic belief says that God descended in human form as Jesus to guide you in spiritual path. You become a follower of Jesus after Baptism ritual. I can become a follower of Jesus without any baptism also.

I can read the gospel of Jesus and understand His message. You resepect Jesus and worship Him. It is very good. Such prayers will be heard no doubt. Such prayers are definitely heard. There is no doubt in it. Not only the prayers to past human incarnations, God even hears if you pray to a symbolic representation of God also. But, what is the fruit for the prayer? A prayer cannot bring any fruit. Actual practical action only gives you the fruit. Practical action is meaningful only in the case of present alive human incarnation.

If you serve the God, God receives the fruit of your service only through present alive Human incarnation but not by past human incarnation. If you press the feet of an idol or statue, am I pressing God’s feet directly? Even when you serve the past human incarnation by pressing the feet of its idol, only idol receives the service but not the past human incarnation. But, idol is lifeless and not the actual Human incarnation because He is not in the alive form. Therefore, the service done in the case of alive human incarnation alone directly goes to God.

Praying the past human incarnation is not wrong. All these prayers bring only inspiration. Inspiration is necessary for action. But, action should be done to the alive present human incarnation. Praying past human incarnation is right but it is not complete.

The time you take to write these long posts, which further demonstrate your ignorance, would be better spent learning about what Orthodox Chrsitianity teaches.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #667 on: November 19, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »

Dear Swami,

Dear Venu,

Do you know where we can find the current incarnation of Muhammed?  It would be interesting to see if he still maintains his teaching of conversion by the sword.

Mohammad came after Jesus. The situation has further worsened. People have become too much quarel some in that area where He came. Mohammad was also human incarnation of God like Jesus, Buddha and Krishna. The unimaginable God possess a human being, who is a deserving devotee selected by God to become a member of His inner most circle. Just like the current enters a metallic wire, the unimaginable God enters an imaginable item of creation, which is always a human being. Here the current is not transformed in to the wire. Current did not become the wire. Current only entered the wire. The wire is the medium of current. Similarly, God is not transformed in to human being or God did not become the human being (Avyaktam vyaktimaapannam—Gita).

God only entered the human being, which is a medium only as said in Veda (Tadevanupravishat) and Gita (Manusheemtanumaashritam). Some times, God may enter the human being from its birth and stay in it till its death and such human incarnation is called as Purnaavatara. Some times God may enter the human being for some purpose and when the work is over, God will leave it and such human incarnation is called as Aveshaavatara like Parashurama. In any case, the human incarnation can be treated as God as long as God stays in it. The metallic wire is called as current as long as current flows in it. This does not mean that the wire became the current or current became the wire. Therefore, neither God became the human being nor the human being became God. If you are not understanding the concept of human incarnation, you will mistake the human being possessed by God, who claims Himself as God.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #668 on: November 19, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »

Dear Swami,

Dear Venu,

When the human incarnation(God in Human form who comes to this world for preaching; is a combination of a human being and God) says that he is God, it means that God in human incarnation is stating that and it is not the statement of the human being present in the human incarnation. People mistake this statement as the word of human being since God is invisible. Every statement of the human incarnation is attributed by normal public to the visible human being and not to the invisible God. Therefore, people should recognize God in the human being in the case of human incarnation before understanding its statements. Otherwise, the statements of human incarnation lead to confusion and misunderstanding, which may sometimes result in insult (Avajanantimaam—Gita) or even torture and killing as in the case of Jesus. In order to avoid this confusion in the case of normal human beings, Mohammad denied the very concept of human incarnation.

Just after Jesus, the 41st prophet, Mohammad, the 42nd prophet, appeared and the subject of misunderstanding the statements of human incarnation was the burning topic. The God component in the human incarnation, Jesus, stated that He is the truth and light. This statement clearly says that He is the absolute God and such statement is straightly from the God-component only.

Since people could not recognize the existence of God in a human being due to the absence of knowledge of the concept of human incarnation, people misunderstood this as the statement coming from an egoistic human being and therefore insulted and finally crucified Jesus. Since the concept of human incarnation could not enter the brains of people, all this calamity happened. People could have excused Jesus, if He declared Himself as a prophet or messenger at least. When the concept does not enter the brains of the people in spite of hectic effort of Jesus, Mohammad thought that it is better to remove the concept temporarily and be in line of the public.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #669 on: November 19, 2010, 08:01:14 AM »

The time you take to write these long posts, which further demonstrate your ignorance, would be better spent learning about what Orthodox Chrsitianity teaches.

I have just completed reading the link one of our friend provided. It is very good information. Thanks.

Thus your belief system is based on Jesus. Jesus came and supplied to you the divine knowledge in the form of bible. His disciples propagated it.

Now time has ripened for all of you in Orthodox christianity to learn atleast theoretically about SERVING GOD PRACTICALLY WITHOUT ANY EXPECATION.
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #670 on: November 19, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »

If you truly understand who Jesus Christ is then nothing else should matter but to know that He is God, the Son of God of God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ "and he is before all things, and by him all things exist" ( Colossians 1:17). So whatever notions you may have are answered in Him & can only be fulfilled by following Him; I am not rendering any opinion towards your notions but as man He is our mediator between us & God (1 Timothy 2:5) and His way is the truth, good and salvific & none else are necessary.

Antiochian OC N.A.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #671 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:25 AM »

If you truly understand who Jesus Christ is then nothing else should matter but to know that He is God, the Son of God of God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ "and he is before all things, and by him all things exist" ( Colossians 1:17). So whatever notions you may have are answered in Him & can only be fulfilled by following Him; I am not rendering any opinion towards your notions but as man He is our mediator between us & God (1 Timothy 2:5) and His way is the truth, good and salvific & none else are necessary.

Exactly Jesus is God, He came 2000 yrs ago, He comes now also in present time. He preaches wonderful divine knowledge. He is the only path. Practical service to present Jesus in human form alone is the way to please God. So start today itself loving and serving Jesus without expecating anything in return from Him for your service to Him....Start today...
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #672 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »

Exactly Jesus is God, He came 2000 yrs ago, He comes now also in present time. He preaches wonderful divine knowledge. He is the only path. Practical service to present Jesus in human form alone is the way to please God. So start today itself loving and serving Jesus without expecating anything in return from Him for your service to Him....Start today...
Of course, He has given eternal life to all who will receive it. Abiding in Him is to abide in love, faith, & hope, obeying His will to pray, fast & give alms as salvific as well as natural aids to others,  confessing our sins as we live,and at least pray the Lord of the harvest for laborers for the salvation of others.

Antiochian OC N.A.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #673 on: November 19, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »

What about service to the current incarnation of Buddha?   You never mention him and the other incarnations.  Why?

If you could locate the incarnation of Mohammed and the incarnation of Buddha, perhaps they could participate in something like one of those televised Oxford Debates.  Mohammed could speak about God's pleasure that non-Muslims ought to be killed if they do not convert, and the Buddha could present his teaching of pacifism and non-violence.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #674 on: November 19, 2010, 08:25:14 AM »

Hinduism
The Power of the Pagan Gods

Hinduism's Assault
Upon Christianity

By Hieromonk Seraphim Rose

http://www.orthodoxcentral.com/fatheralexander/unzippedfiles/hinduism_e.doc

The real struggle lies in this: that the ultimate sin for the Christian, is the ultimate realization of good for the Hindu. Christians have always acknowledged pride as the basic sin — the fountainhead of all sin. And Lucifer is the archetype when he says. “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will ascend above the clouds; I will be like the Most High.” On a lower level, it is pride that turns even man's virtues into sins.

But for the Hindu in general, and the Advaitin or Vedantan in particular, the only “sin” is not to believe in yourself and in Humanity as God Himself. In the words of Swami Vivekananda (who was the foremost modern advocate of Vedanta): “You do not yet understand India! We Indians are Man‑worshippers after all. Our God is Man!” The doctrine of mukti or salvation consists in this: that “Man is to become Divine by realizing the Divine.”

From this one can see the dogmas of Hinduism and Christianity standing face to face, each defying the other on the nature of God, the nature of man and the purpose of human existence.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:26:05 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: