OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 100351 times) Average Rating: 0
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2010, 11:38:39 PM »

If you truly are divine, why try to prove it by trying to appear wise?

God is not found of fame. The love to God should come from side of the devotee. If it is forced and encouraged, then it is not a true love. God comes down in human form to satisfy the wishes of His devotees who love Him. The love has come from the devotees’ side. God responded by coming down in human form and is giving the opportunity to serve Him. Suppose, if one says that God creates devotion also and then there will not be truthfulness in that devotion. Such devotion will fail because it is maintained by external force.

You can see such false love in the case of politicians who employ people to applaude him for whatever he says. It is encouraged and forced devotion and hence, it is false love. In Nivrutti, one has to love God and that is his responsibility only. God will not put His finger in the effort of the devotee’s devotion. If He puts His finger, then it becomes artificial and not real love. In fact, He opposes the love to Him and even then, if the devotee retains the devotion then only it is appreciable. If somebody encourages love, it means that the love will fail in the absence of encouragement and it is not a true love.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »

Why would the Almighty God care about being criticized anywhere, "upper" or lower world? Criticism doesn't negate divinity.

In fact God enjoys criticism.  The essence of the entire message of God, is to develop the highest state in which you can be in the state of continuous enjoyment and happiness through entertainment. If you can enjoy the problems also, such continuous state of happiness is possible. The human being has always the worst tendency to pick-up negative things only in the life and go on brooding over those things. Either you should avoid thinking about those negative things (dhyayato vishayaan …) or you should be able to enjoy those negative things also like the dish of chillies in meals.

Avoiding the thinking of negative things in the life is impossible since they touch and penetrate the mind in the practical life. Therefore, the only alternative way is to enjoy those things also and be happy in every minute of life. Such state is called as Brahmi sthiti (Eshaa brahmi sthitih …), which means that you should continuously enjoy your life containing both positive and negative things like God enjoying His creation containing both good and bad.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »

INTRODUCTION

The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a personal form to guide the aspirant. Grace of God takes the form of the Guru. To see the Guru is to see God. The Guru is united with God. He inspires devotion in others. His presence purifies all. .........ru. Act up to his instructions. Then only will you deserve his blessings, and then alone his blessings can do everything.

Not all are true gurus. The Satguru is the God in human form and He is different from other gurus. The divine knowledge of Satguru contains truth which no body else can preach....True divine knowledge is the identification mark of Satguru....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2010, 11:44:51 PM »

Why God has to come in human form?

If the spiritual knowledge is perfect and complete, the devotion and practice are the spontaneous subsequent steps for which there is no need of any effort. If the practice is perfect and complete,  the fruit is spontaneous. Therefore, all the efforts should be put only to gain the perfect and complete spiritual knowledge. Hence, Shankara told that knowledge alone can achieve fruit (Jnanadevatu…). The perfect and complete spiritual knowledge is possible only from God. But God is unimaginable and therefore to give this perfect and complete knowledge, the unimaginable God comes down in human form.

For this purpose, which is most important, God will never enter inert medium. The human form means the soul or awareness associated with the human body. Whenever God enters this world the soul is always an associated medium with Him. You should not say that the soul or awareness alone is the associated medium. If you say like that, the soul exists in birds and animals also and these birds and animals cannot give the spiritual knowledge to humanity. Therefore, the soul should mean the soul existing in human body only.

swami, why don't you refrain from posting if your just going to answer your own questions? This is a discussion forum; not personal blog to collect your thoughts-- however divine you think them to be.  Roll Eyes

The concept of TRINITY is there in christianity.

There are two persons, one is Son of God and God.

Son of God is a devoted servant of God who is alive in this world when GOD WANT to come to this world in human form. God select this devoted servant of GOd and enters in Him and present in Him all the time from birth to death. He is known as Human incarnation.

The power of God is generally denoted by Holyspirit.

When you see Son of GOd you have seen the heavenly Father only...
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »

The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a pe......... his blessings can do everything.
http://www.dlshq.org/books/es19.htm

God in human form or Satguru is identified from His exceptional divine knowledge alone....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2010, 11:50:11 PM »

The concept of human incarnation is introduced and explained well by Krishna in the Gita and Jesus in the Bible. Krishna says that God enters the human being and Jesus says that God is in flesh. This clearly means that God is neither the human being nor the flesh at any time.

The Bible says that "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us". It doesn't say that the Word looked like flesh but wasn't actually flesh. It doesn't say that the Word was joined to another already existing person and coexisted with them in the same body. God actually became a man.

Let understand the meaning of word becomig flesh. God is divine knowledge, such God comes in human form. When GOd exists in a very high devoted soul of Him it is called Human incarnation. Divine knoweldge (word) is the property of God. Veda says that God is the infinite right knowledge and that God is the excellent knowledge (Satyam Jnanam…, Prajnanam….). This does not mean that God is the knowledge itself. It only means that the possessor of right and excellent knowledge is God and such knowledge is His correct identification mark since it is His inseparable characteristic. If some body wears a red shirt always, the red shirt becomes his identity mark and you can call him as the red shirt like calling “Oh! Red shirt! Come here”. Gita gives clarification on this point, which says that the possessor of knowledge is God (Jnaanitvaatmaiava……).  Since God enters the human being only, such identification is mentioned. The human being is always characterized by the knowledge. Knowledge is one sided characteristic of awareness. It means knowledge is always associated with awareness and awareness need not be associated always with knowledge.

An animal or bird has awareness but no knowledge. Therefore, you should not take awareness as the meaning of the words indicating knowledge in Veda like Jnanam and Prajnanam. This clarification is given in Gita, which says that God enters human body (Manusheem….). Hence, Gita always gives clarifications on Veda. Such correct clarification can be correctly clarified by the human incarnation only since the same God, who said Gita, can alone give the original sense of the text. The Author himself can alone give the correct sense of his own statement. Since, God is one and the same in all the human incarnations, any human incarnation can clarify the text said by any other human incarnation.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #321 on: October 30, 2010, 11:52:38 PM »

"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, even the elect." ~Mark 13:22
[/quote]

What you said is correct in this world many will calim as God. But are they God? One has to analyse the divine knoweldge then decide. One has to take long time in analysing the knoweldge and asking question and get the clarification from God in Human form. By this one will not he is really God or not...Only GOD can completely and perfectly answer your spiritual doubts...
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #322 on: October 31, 2010, 12:04:13 AM »

INTRODUCTION
The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a personal form to guide the aspirant.
Carefully follow, therefore the instructions of the Guru. Act up to his instructions. Then only will you deserve his blessings, and then alone his blessings can do everything.
Hey, that's Swami Sivananda of Rishikesh's essay on the Guru.  Shocked

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #323 on: October 31, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »

"I have come to set fire on the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!"  [St. Luke 12:49]

"He sendeth His word and melteth them." [Psalm 147:18]

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #324 on: October 31, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »

The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a pe......... his blessings can do everything.
http://www.dlshq.org/books/es19.htm

God in human form or Satguru is identified from His exceptional divine knowledge alone....

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfes Qidus, Ahadu amlak, Amen

Who are you?

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfes Qidus, Ahadu amlak, Amen

Selam

"If we are unwilling to accept any truth that we have not first discovered and declared ourselves, we demonstrate that we are interested not in the truth so much as in being right." ~ Thomas Merton ~
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #325 on: October 31, 2010, 01:07:25 AM »

Wait ... I'm confused ... there's two of you now??

Will the real Swami please stand up? :-)

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #326 on: October 31, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam ...

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »

You know what they say, a Para Brahmans is better than one. Grin

theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2010, 01:18:53 AM »

You should change your username to "dattaspammi".

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #329 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »

You should change your username to "dattaspammi".

Grin  laugh

We have a winner!

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2010, 01:20:01 AM »

dattaspammi and Tallitot, do you two know each other?

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2010, 01:22:40 AM »

His e-mail says he's Anil Antony. I don't know if his guru is using his e-mail, or the other way around.   Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »

Go to an Orthodox Christian Church, find a Priest, confess your sins and be baptized. Your words are not the Words of God, they are the words of a demon/demons. But although you are under demonic influence (perhaps possession), you still retain the image of God. And since God has created you with free will, you can choose to forsake evil and turn to Christ. But your will has probably been greatly weakened, so it will take great strength and resolution on your part. Begin by making the sign of the Cross (are you able to do that?), pray the Jesus Prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner," and read the Holy Bible alone (not the other false "scriptures.") Do these three things until you are able to contact a Priest. In fact, there are many wonderful Priests who are members of this forum. You may wish to PM one or more of them for help. By the grace of God and the power of your divinely granted free will, you can be freed from these demons.

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfesQidus, Ahadu Amlak, -amen-

Selam

Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2010, 01:35:49 AM »

"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if possible, even the elect." ~Mark 13:22

What you said is correct in this world many will calim as God. But are they God? One has to analyse the divine knoweldge then decide. One has to take long time in analysing the knoweldge and asking question and get the clarification from God in Human form. By this one will not he is really God or not...Only GOD can completely and perfectly answer your spiritual doubts...
I have no spiritual doubts.  I know in Whom I believe, and you ain't Him. 

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2010, 01:43:45 AM »

I have no spiritual doubts.  I know in Whom I believe, and you ain't Him. 

AMEN

Selam

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

[
Jesus chirst is not with us for guiding us through His spiritual knowledge at the same time, Jesus is here in the present human form of GOd. Your attachment to world is less and if you really long for God then you will recognise Him here itself in this world. Recognising and participating in His mission is the aim of life...

Swami,

Maybe we should speak with you plainly and honestly and stop being so polite with you.

Your messages here come from the demons.  You tell us to search out the 21st century incarnation of Christ.  But we know there was only ONE incarnation of Christ and that was 2000 years ago.  Anybody who preaches otherwise is doing the work of the Evil One.

Christ Himself is very clear about this.  He proclaims:  

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!'
or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and
false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles
to deceive the elect—if that were possible. So be on your guard..."
(Mark's Gospel, chapter 13.)

I am sure that you are sincere but you have been deceived by him who is malevolent towards the human race and uses you and others to try to take us away from Christ and away from His love and salvation.  Try and free yourself from the demon's coils and rid yourself of the delusions which control you.

I ask all the Forum members to pray for Swami's deliverance.

Fr Ambrose
Russian Orthodox Church

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:51:24 AM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2010, 02:00:57 AM »

[
Jesus chirst is not with us for guiding us through His spiritual knowledge at the same time, Jesus is here in the present human form of GOd. Your attachment to world is less and if you really long for God then you will recognise Him here itself in this world. Recognising and participating in His mission is the aim of life...

Swami,

Maybe we should speak with you plainly and honestly and stop being so polite with you.

Your messages here come from the demons.  You tell us to search out the 21st century incarnation of Christ.  But we know there was only ONE incarnation of Christ and that was 2000 years ago.  Anybody who preaches otherwise is doing the work of the Evil One.

Christ Himself is very clear about this.  He proclaims:  

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!'
or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and
false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles
to deceive the elect—if that were possible. So be on your guard..."
(Mark's Gospel, chapter 13.)

I am sure that you are sincere but you have been deceived by him who is malevolent towards the human race and uses you and others to try to take us away from Christ and away from His love and salvation.  Try and free yourself from the demon's coils and rid yourself of the delusions which control you.

I ask all the Forum members to pray for Swami's deliverance.

Fr Ambrose
Russian Orthodox Church

Amen!

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfesQidus, Ahadu Amlak, -Amen-

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me a Sinner."
-Amen-

"The Cross is our Power, the Cross is our strength, the Cross is our redemption, the Cross is the salvation of our souls"
  -Amen-
"The Cross is our Power, the Cross is our strength, the Cross is our redemption, the Cross is the salvation of our souls" 
 -Amen-
-Amen-

"Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. -Amen-

"O our Lady, the Virgin St. Maryam, in St. Gabriel's greetings: 'Peace be unto you.' Holy and pure, O mother of the Almighty God: 'Peace be unto you.' Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. Hail Mary, full of grace: pray for us before Our Lord Jesus Christ that He may forgive us for our sins."
 -Amen-

"Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal,
Who was born of the Virgin Maryam:
Have Mercy on Us."
Who was baptized in the river Jordan and crucified on the Cross:
 Have Mercy on Us."
Who is risen from the dead:
Have Mercy on Us."
-Amen-

"Lord Have Mercy."
"Lord Have Mercy."
"Lord Have Mercy."
"Kyrie Eleison"
"Kyrie Eleison"
"Kyrie Eleison"
"Lord Have Mercy."
"Lord Have Mercy."
"Lord Have Mercy."
"Kyrie Eleison"
"Kyrie Eleison"
"Kyrie Eleison"
-Amen-

"O St. Gebre Menfes Qidus: Save me Lord from the hidden snares of satan. Save me from the oppressor and from oppression. And drive away my enemies the hosts of the fallen devil."
-Amen-

"Lord Have Mercy on Us."

"In the name of Mary, Lord have mercy on us."

"Kyrie Eleison."

"Sador, Alador, Danat, Adera, Rodas."

"O! God"

"O! Christ"

"Save us from wrath and deliver us by your mercy in the name of Mary your mother."

"Hear us! Our God and Savior."

"Elohe!"

"Ye! Ye! Ye! My God se me!"

"O God! According to your mercy and not according to our sins."

""Lord, remember us in thy Kingdom."

"Hail Mary, we bow unto thee. Our mother Mary we pray unto thee. We beseech thee to protect us from the evil beast. O Virgin, in the name of Anna you mother and Joachim your Father, bless our congregation today."  -Amen-

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfesQidus, Ahadu Amlak, -Amen-

Selam

Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2010, 02:05:21 AM »

Amin, amin!

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »

Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2010, 04:45:53 AM »

You know what they say, a Para Brahmans is better than one. Grin

Grin Cheesy Grin
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »

Fighting fire with fire, eh?  Wink

who, me? Roll Eyes

Proverbs 22:7
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »

Go to an Orthodox Christian Church, find a Priest, confess your sins and be baptized. Your words are not the Words of God, they are the words of a demon/demons. But although you are under demonic influence (perhaps possession), you still retain the image of God. And since God has created you with free will, you can choose to forsake evil and turn to Christ. But your will has probably been greatly weakened, so it will take great strength and resolution on your part. Begin by making the sign of the Cross (are you able to do that?), pray the Jesus Prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner," and read the Holy Bible alone (not the other false "scriptures.") Do these three things until you are able to contact a Priest. In fact, there are many wonderful Priests who are members of this forum. You may wish to PM one or more of them for help. By the grace of God and the power of your divinely granted free will, you can be freed from these demons.

Besime Ab, WeWolde, WeMenfesQidus, Ahadu Amlak, -amen-

Selam
Ok i will try to implement it...
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2010, 01:41:36 PM »

"I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:44:59 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »

People In England love, and Have A annual Spam Fest....And they thank America For it..... Grin

"I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:21:36 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

dattaswami,

Did you know that my respect for your opinions decreases every time you start a new thread? Something to think about...
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »

stashko, maybe somwday we can share in the Spam Feast of Haven! Smiley

Rufus
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »

Amin!
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #348 on: October 31, 2010, 03:51:53 PM »

Is Spam a fasting food? It's not meat.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #349 on: October 31, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »

Actually, it is - "spiced ham". Smiley

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #350 on: October 31, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »

On average, 3.8 cans of spam are consumed every second in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:54:36 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »

'The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative.'
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »

I have known people from Hawaii who say it's VERY popular there - a staple of their recipes!

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #353 on: October 31, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »

Quote from: dattaswami
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
Are you saying we cannot get beyond or past a Brahman cow?
Parabrahman means absolute God.
Oh, wit is wasted on the wrong people.
Brigidsboy
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #354 on: October 31, 2010, 04:31:55 PM »

This forum is for the discussion of Orthodox Christianity, not a forum for the dissemination of Hinduism. I think it would be best if you would stop posting these things here.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #355 on: October 31, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »

Amin, amin!

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »

People In England love, and Have A annual Spam Fest....And they thank America For it..... Grin

On average, 3.8 cans of spam are consumed every second in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

I have known people from Hawaii who say it's VERY popular there - a staple of their recipes!

Disturbing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:35:15 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #357 on: October 31, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

INTRODUCTION

The Guru is God Himself manifesting in a personal form to guide the aspirant....
Swami Sivananda, who wrote this essay, worked with Mother Gavrilia, the "ascetic of love", a Greek Orthodox who spent some time in at Sivananda's ashram in India:

"RtE: Did she ever try to talk to the Hindus themselves about the difference between their many gods and Christ? Obviously, she wouldn’t have done it in an overly-zealous evangelical way.

Sister Gavrilia: She waited, like a true disciple of Christ Who said, “To the one who asks, give.” You don’t give if you aren’t asked, because if I ask you for something this means I need it and I am ready to accept it and understand it. If you go around preaching without my asking you, I’ll say, “Let her talk, I don’t care.” I won’t pay any attention to what you say. So, she was waiting for questions to come from the Hindus. She never just handed out Gospels, she waited to be asked. And she also gave the “Imitation of Christ” by Thomas Kempis because she said there were many references there to the Gospel. At one point when she was working in the dispensary of the ashram of Sivananda, his disciple, Chichananda, became angry in a public lecture and lost his calm. He was very sorry for this, and later said to her, “Did you hear what happened to me? Is there any book you can give me?” He was looking at her as a person who had a kind of asceticism and spirituality. He did not know this kind of Christianity. He knew the other – the active, the social, the missionary schools of other denominations. So she gave him the Philokalia. He was quite impressed, and the next thing he did was to visit Mount Athos. A Hindu monk, can you imagine?"

The "Chichananda" mentioned is actually "Chidananda", who visited Mt. Athos, inspiring at least one other disciple of Sivananda (a disciple who calls "Mother Gavrilia", "Sister Gabriela") to visit Mt. Athos in 2003.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 07:07:01 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #358 on: October 31, 2010, 08:01:22 PM »

'The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative.'

Wrong. The only ingredient: Deliciousness.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #359 on: October 31, 2010, 08:05:52 PM »

Did you get the from Monty Python?  They have a skit about spam. . .
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: