OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 09:43:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 98071 times) Average Rating: 0
Superdattaswami
*The One Who Completes All Religions*

Faith: God
Jurisdiction: The Entire Multiverse

« Reply #1800 on: February 05, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

Superdattaswami, I think I found you on youtube... is this youTongue
How dare you insult me? Do you have no fear boy?

I am the Alpha and Omega! The God of Venu, bjhulk, and all Creation!
Superdattaswami

« Reply #1801 on: February 05, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »

(Which, by the way, could you possibly replace by materializing a modern digital Canon into my hotel room?  I'll look for it when I wke up in the morning.  Thanks!)
If you don't expect Christ to do that for you, why hold me to a higher standard? I could do that, but rather have faith, instead of leaning on miracles. I expect better from you my child.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1802 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:48 PM »

If you don't expect Christ to do that for you, why hold me to a higher standard?
Because you respond to my internet posts?  He hasn't, yet.

Maybe you could just order one online and have it shipped to my house?  Just make sure it doesn't arrive before I get back.  I'm traveling for another week, and if it shows up before I do, then my wife will just claim it.  And I don't think anyone would say that would be fair.
Superdattaswami

« Reply #1803 on: February 05, 2011, 05:10:19 PM »

Because you respond to my internet posts?  He hasn't, yet.

Maybe you could just order one online and have it shipped to my house?  Just make sure it doesn't arrive before I get back.  I'm traveling for another week, and if it shows up before I do, then my wife will just claim it.  And I don't think anyone would say that would be fair.
Why chide and belittle me child?

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1804 on: February 05, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »

Ha you are very discerning, my child. You will make a wonderful devotee in my kingdom.
Does the position come with a pension, health coverage, and a weekly radio program?
You should not see my kingdom so sensually my child. You will have no need for these things, once you enter into my rest.

Shouldn't that be 'materialistically' rather than 'sensually'?
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1805 on: February 15, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »

Isn't the OP clever, stop posting after reaching 777. Is that some sort of nirvana state in Hindu-Orthodoxy?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #1806 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »

Isn't the OP clever, stop posting after reaching 777. Is that some sort of nirvana state in Hindu-Orthodoxy?

Or perhaps he's a Stryper fan!

Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1807 on: February 15, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

7 and 777 has deep Christian roots.

7 Days of Creation: 7 symbolizes completion
7 Demons exorcised out of Mary (Luke 8:2): 7 symbolizes purity
7 Words/phrases Jesus spoke from the Cross: 7 symbolizes kenosis

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1808 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »

I know that I was having some fun.

7 Words/phrases Jesus spoke from the Cross
That is very interesting, I didn't even catch that. Isn't it funny how in John 19:30 Jesus said it was finished, almost a direct commentary on the 7 day creation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:46:48 AM by Aposphet » Logged

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1809 on: February 15, 2011, 12:35:14 PM »

I know that I was having some fun.

I know. I'm just trying to reach 7,777.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #1810 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:17 PM »

Or perhaps he's a Stryper fan!

Maybe the answer is much simpler: did the superduperdattaswami perhaps vanquish him?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1811 on: March 20, 2011, 12:22:51 AM »

How to avoid Tsunami

The sea with its wave-hands is always warning the people not to kill the poor harmless acquatic creatures like fish etc., for the sake of food.  God created lot of vegetable food, which is the best even according to present science of health.  The sea represents the Lord and finally kills the sinners with his own wave-hands.  Goddess earth kills the sinners through quakes since these sinners kill the innocent creatures on the earth.  Tsunami is the result of combined anger of father-sea and mother-earth. 

These innocent creatures have no advocate and even cannot file a criminal case in our courts.  Such formalities are not necessary for His all-pervading court. One sees the punishment only and not the sin, which is the cause.  One sympathizes the human beings affected in other countries also since all human beings are one.  But one should broaden his mind and should feel that all the living beings are one and sympathize every living being.  The natural calamities will then disappear.
www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1812 on: March 20, 2011, 12:23:11 AM »

Reasons for tsunami

The tsunami is always due to anger of God since you are killing the living beings present in water for food. The earthquakes are due to killing of living beings that exist on the earth. God in the form of Buddha and Mahavir preached the non-violence and severely opposed the killing of living beings.

God in some other human forms might have followed the practice of non-vegetarian food in order to join with non-vegetarian people so that, certain other higher aspects to be preached might have been taken into consideration. That does not mean that God has encouraged the killing of living beings through non-vegetarian food. He might have kept silent on this issue in order to give importance to other serious issues. God follows the ignorance of the students in order to become friendly with them. To control a running bull, you have to run along with it for some distance before controlling it.

All these are the basic concepts of nivrutti, which are the core of pravrutti. By following the ethics of pravrutti, you will avoid God becoming furious with you. Then, through nivrutti, you can please God. On one hand, you are making God furious by not following the ethics of pravrutti and how can you please God through nivrutti simultaneously?
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1813 on: March 20, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »

Tsunami = revenge of the sea goddess?

But when are the mutant sharks going to start walking on land and eating everyone?

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1814 on: March 20, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »

Can a dattaswami be swept away by a dattatsunami.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1815 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:16 PM »

Is there any chance that datta is the former Abbot George Burke? If so, I just bought your cookbook, I have heard it is great! Wink

Datta; could you answer my question please?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1816 on: March 20, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »

Is there any chance that datta is the former Abbot George Burke? If so, I just bought your cookbook, I have heard it is great! Wink

Datta; could you answer my question please?

Yes, what is your question?
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1817 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:05 PM »

Are you the former Abbot George Burke, or associated with him?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1818 on: March 20, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »

Are you the former Abbot George Burke, or associated with him?

No.

I have to answer the question “Who are You?” for different people in different ways:

1. Yes, I am the very Lord Datta

2. Lord Datta is in My heart as I am His strongest devotee

3. I have been sent by Lord Datta as His messenger

However I prefer to stand by the third answer because that will not contradict the first two categories and is sharply accepted by the third category. The people standing on 100, 50 and 25 can commonly accept the least number 25. Lord Krishna gave the first answer because He was preaching the Bhagavad Gita only to Arjuna who believed in Him as the Lord. But I am giving My discourses to all the three categories of the people. A Messenger is just a microphone who is near to the speaker (person who speaks).

The nearness is only for the convenience of the speaker and should not be misunderstood as dearness. The speaker is invisible and the visible microphone appears as if it is speaking. Similarly, you think that I am generating this divine knowledge since the speaker in Me is invisible. Similarly, whatever miracle is experienced by the devotee through Me is from that invisible speaker alone. The movement of the visible fan is due to the power of invisible electric current in it. In this angle of Messenger, the final essence is that this divine knowledge is coming from the Lord Himself.

You can study it with utmost care and you can neglect Me since I am only a post man. The microphone covers only a small circle of people around it. But the amplifiers cover large circles and propagate in a big way. Similarly, I have propagated this spiritual knowledge through My speeches in small circles only. I am donating only My words and intelligence in the Mission of the Lord. But, My devotees are far superior to Me since have sacrificed not only the work but also the fruit of their work (money) in propagating this divine knowledge to the entire world.

They call Me as the Greatest. But they are greater than this Greatest. The Lord may be far or near the microphone or might have entered the microphone and spread all over the microphone to become one with it. In any case the microphone and the speaker are different. Electric current and the wire are different. The microphone may be very close to the speaker due to such a requirement. The amplifiers may be far from the speaker due to such a requirement. The nearest microphone does not mean that it is the dearest. Actually the amplifiers situated far from the speaker are doing greater service and become dearest to the speaker.

Thus My devotees are dearer to the Lord than Myself. The closeness of Myself is just for the convenience of the Speaker (the Lord).
I often say to My devotees that I am greater than them by the role that I have taken in this world-drama. But as an actor of that role, I have the least value. In a film an actor may act as the Lord and another actor may act as the devotee. The actor acting as devotee may be paid ten times more than the actor acting as Lord. The value of the actor in the role of the devotee may be far more.

Therefore, I say to My devotees “O fortunate devotees! When all of us go the Lord as His servants, you will be in the front and I will be in the back”. Bible says the same that the first will become last and the last will become first. This situation arises because we stand there as bare actors in front of the Lord since our roles are left on the earth”. The microphone, which is near to the speaker, must imbibe at least a little of the nature of the speaker. The speaker is invisible and is giving all the credit to the microphone. Unfortunately I am visible and cannot hide Myself to give the total credit to My devotees, which they really deserve. At least let Me give equal credit. The microphone and amplifiers are only instruments and there is no difference between instruments.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #1819 on: March 20, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

No would have sufficed. You should find the former Abbot Burke and talk to him. He would likely enjoy talking to another "Orthodox-Hindu." He may not believe you are a deity, but he might get on board with you and declare you God too. Who knows with that guy.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #1820 on: March 21, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

Can a dattaswami be swept away by a dattatsunami.

ROFL  laugh

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1821 on: March 21, 2011, 09:39:53 PM »

No would have sufficed. You should find the former Abbot Burke and talk to him. He would likely enjoy talking to another "Orthodox-Hindu." He may not believe you are a deity, but he might get on board with you and declare you God too. Who knows with that guy.

Propagate this divine knowledge

I may be God in the human form like that Krishna
I may be the beloved son of God like that Jesus
I may be the messenger of God  like that Mohammed
But this divine knowledge is of God only, I am sure.

How does it matter whether I am God or His beloved son
Or His messenger? It is not the point of the hour
If you propagate this true knowledge, God is pleased
Therefore, I cannot stand between your self and God.
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #1822 on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

Out of curiosity, do you actually keep a straight face when you type this stuff?

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1823 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:08 PM »

They call Me as the Greatest. But they are greater than this Greatest.

I think the boxer, Muhammad Ali, would disagree with you since he declared himself as the Greatest of All Time.  Too bad Parkinson's Disease robbed Ali of his speedy reflexes.   Sad
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:27:44 PM by SolEX01 » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1824 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Reasons for tsunami

The tsunami is always due to anger of God since you are killing the living beings present in water for food.

The Japanese invented Tofu and other Meat-looking foods based on Soy.  They're essentially as vegetarian as any other Buddhist (or Buddhist wannabe) that I know.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #1825 on: March 22, 2011, 03:23:26 AM »

Reasons for tsunami

The tsunami is always due to anger of God ...
Nice. These guys would be proud

Proverbs 22:7
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1826 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:15 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

Out of curiosity, do you actually keep a straight face when you type this stuff?

A duck is laying a golden egg every day.  You should take that egg and use it for your needs.  It is unnecessary for you whether the gold is present in its stomach or whether it is stealing the golden egg from outside and is giving to you.   You need not analyze Me to see God in My human body which is just like cutting the stomach of the duck, which becomes useless.   You may say that you want to worship God directly through the human form so that you can please the God since it is your absolute aim.  But I say that God is more pleased if you worship His real devotees.

If you worship the devotees God existing outside or existing in Me is more pleased than direct worship to Him.  His devotees are greater than Himself in His view.   A human incarnation may not be available always because of the complexity in the identification.  Therefore, worship My devotees who are really sacrificing through practical devotion in My divine mission.  If you worship Me you will reach Brahmaloka, which is the top most.  But if you worship My devotees you will reach the sixteenth upper world which is called Datta Sevaka Loka  which is topper than the top most Goloka (Goloka is above Brahmaloka).  Remember this point after My exit from this present human body.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1827 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »

They call Me as the Greatest. But they are greater than this Greatest.

I think the boxer, Muhammad Ali, would disagree with you since he declared himself as the Greatest of All Time.  Too bad Parkinson's Disease robbed Ali of his speedy reflexes.   Sad

The soul develops ego during its lifetime by helping other souls.  The ego is the most dangerous snake that enters the self without your notice.  The ego hides itself in the subconscious state of mind and you will be feeling that you are not at all egoistic.

It is like a first stage of cancer, which is generally not noticed.  Such hidden ego is smashed when you kneel before God on your fore legs and beg for the basic necessities.  The saint practices this through begging the houses for food so that the concept of donor shall vanish away. God alone is the ultimate donor.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1828 on: March 22, 2011, 12:32:33 PM »

Reasons for tsunami

The tsunami is always due to anger of God ...
Nice. These guys would be proud

You have not read the remaining, it is due to killing of living beings for food...
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1829 on: March 22, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »

You have not read the remaining, it is due to killing of living beings for food...
Across the planet, the electrical power that drives the internet is generated in part (in some areas, in LARGE part) by fossil fuels.  In other words, we have electricity only because of dead beings.  How can you in good conscience continue using the internet?  I'd recommend you give it up.  I really would.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1830 on: March 22, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »

There once was a poster named datta,
whose comments did not seem to matta.
Sometimes a young girl,
at him insults would hurl,
but he'd just throw his nonsense back at-huh.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1831 on: March 22, 2011, 06:13:36 PM »

This is the first time that I attempted to follow the discussion. My head hurts and I have one question: why has this gone on and on for so long?

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1832 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »

+ Irini nem ehmot,

A duck is laying a golden egg every day.  You should take that egg and use it for your needs.  It is unnecessary for you whether the gold is present in its stomach or whether it is stealing the golden egg from outside and is giving to you.   You need not analyze Me to see God in My human body which is just like cutting the stomach of the duck, which becomes useless.   You may say that you want to worship God directly through the human form so that you can please the God since it is your absolute aim.  But I say that God is more pleased if you worship His real devotees.

If you worship the devotees God existing outside or existing in Me is more pleased than direct worship to Him.  His devotees are greater than Himself in His view.   A human incarnation may not be available always because of the complexity in the identification.  Therefore, worship My devotees who are really sacrificing through practical devotion in My divine mission.  If you worship Me you will reach Brahmaloka, which is the top most.  But if you worship My devotees you will reach the sixteenth upper world which is called Datta Sevaka Loka  which is topper than the top most Goloka (Goloka is above Brahmaloka).  Remember this point after My exit from this present human body.

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #1833 on: March 22, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »

To quote the Terminator, " I'm baaack!"  Sad Cry
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1834 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:19 AM »

Where's the Terminator when we really need him?  Sad

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1835 on: March 23, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »

Across the planet, the electrical power that drives the internet is generated in part (in some areas, in LARGE part) by fossil fuels.  In other words, we have electricity only because of dead beings.  How can you in good conscience continue using the internet?  I'd recommend you give it up.  I really would.

THere is a difference between killed and dead.

For eating flesh if you kill, then it is a sin

Non-vegetarian food by it self is not a sin since the analysis of it shows that its contents are the same as exist in vegetarian food. The sin comes by killing a co-living being, which does not harm you at all. If you stop taking non-vegetarian food, killing of living beings is proportionally controlled. Do not say that you are not getting sin since you have not killed the living being directly.

Killing is the highest sin, which gives highest pain to the living being. In the next birth, the killed living being will be born as human being, you will be born as the living being and you will be killed similarly by the human being so that your soul will realize the pain and get reformed.
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1836 on: March 23, 2011, 12:55:28 AM »

I  love animals.  They're delicious.

podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #1837 on: March 23, 2011, 09:31:31 AM »

Where's the Terminator when we really need him?  Sad

Perhaps there is a new generation of terminators out there, we could make a movie - "The Moderator-here to save bandwidth.'
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1838 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »

I  love animals.  They're delicious.

You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food.
The killing is the greatest sin

You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food. God has given enough vegetable food that contains all the ingredients present in the non-vegetarian food. After all, the source of ingredients of any flesh is only vegetable kingdom only. Eating the non-vegetarian food is not a sin because same ingredients exist in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods. But, you have to kill a living being for the sake of non-vegetarian food. The killing is the greatest sin.

You may argue that you have not killed the living being directly. Such argument cannot stand. Since you are eating the non-vegetarian food, the living being is killed. You are responsible for its killing. Therefore, you are the principle shareholder of the sin. There is nothing wrong if you eat a living being after its natural death. In Hinduism, there is a sect of people called ‘Kapalikas’, who eat the dead living beings. Therefore, they do not acquire sin. The tsunami is always due to anger of God since you are killing the living beings present in water for food. The earthquakes are due to killing of living beings that exist on the earth. God in the form of Buddha and Mahavir preached the non-violence and severely opposed the killing of living beings.

God in some other human forms might have followed the practice of non-vegetarian food in order to join with non-vegetarian people so that, certain other higher aspects to be preached might have been taken into consideration. That does not mean that God has encouraged the killing of living beings through non-vegetarian food. He might have kept silent on this issue in order to give importance to other serious issues. God follows the ignorance of the students in order to become friendly with them. To control a running bull, you have to run along with it for some distance before controlling it.

All these are the basic concepts of nivrutti, which are the core of pravrutti. By following the ethics of pravrutti, you will avoid God becoming furious with you. Then, through nivrutti, you can please God. On one hand, you are making God furious by not following the ethics of pravrutti and how can you please God through nivrutti simultaneously?

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1839 on: March 23, 2011, 11:58:17 AM »

I find your lack of compassion for plants to be disgusting! What did those poor plants ever do to deserve death at your cruel, cruel hands? You sicken me!

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1840 on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »

This is the first time that I attempted to follow the discussion. My head hurts and I have one question: why has this gone on and on for so long?

The ideas that dattaswami is revealing are just too sophisticated and profound for we mere mortals to understand...  police

I would strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr Seraphim Rose.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1841 on: March 23, 2011, 12:13:13 PM »

The killing is the greatest sin.
Hey, aren't you not supposed to judge us until you've walked a mile in our shoes?  (Mine are made of leather, by the way.)
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1842 on: March 23, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »

In the next birth, the killed living being will be born as human being, you will be born as the living being and you will be killed similarly by the human being so that your soul will realize the pain and get reformed.

Sorry to burst your illusion and hope that you will be "reborn" as a living being once your current human body dies.  You won't.

This is it.  Look at yourself in the mirror, and learn to love the body that God gave you.  It's the only one you will ever have.

God created Man out of dust, in His image.  Therefore, we resemble our Creator.  The animals were created separately from man, not just for his personal use, but, to bring joy and beauty to creation.  They were created before mankind.  They have their own purpose - separate from man's.  

Our human soul is given a human body only.  We are given this body so that we can understand the teachings of the Lord, so that we can comprehend, so that we can make this world a better place.  God has given us everything we need to reach salvation, culminating in His own Son.  Christ has showed us the way to salvation.  He has taught us all we need to know, and how we need to live.

There is NO excuse for someone to live a "bad" life.  None.  We live a "bad" life for our own lack of discipline.  Our lack of love.  Our selfishness and pride.  We are here to do battle against ourselves.  We are to make ourselves into the person that God had initially created us to be.

That is why in Orthodoxy we have a number of Sacraments, to help us on our journey - Baptism, Confession, Communion, etc.  We have the examples of the saints to bolster our determination.  If they, mere humans just like us, could attain sainthood, than I must try, because apparently it is attainable.

You have one chance.  You do not get to have "do overs".  This is not a board game.  You know the rules, you either choose to follow them or not.  You are aware of the rewards or the punishment.  Your salvation is in your own hands, to gain or lose in this, your one life time on earth.

There is NO unity between your Hindu faith and Orthodoxy.  Any so called faith that does not recognize the Holy Trinity is being misled.  I truly hope that in time you will come to realize this.  Take a moment and research the promise of eternal salvation that is offered by the Orthodox Faith.  

As for "living beings"  - all manner of life is God's creation, and as such it should be respected and cared for, not just the four-legged kind.  ....I am certain the kirpan was never used to cause any living being any harm.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:08:16 PM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1843 on: March 23, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »

I find your lack of compassion for plants to be disgusting! What did those poor plants ever do to deserve death at your cruel, cruel hands? You sicken me!

Plucking leaves and fruits is not killing.  The crops are cut only when they die after loosing the sign of the life, which is the Green Chlorophyll.  In plants life exists but mind and intelligence do not exist.

Life is called as Pranamaya Kosa.  Mind is Manomaya Kosa.  Intelligence is Vijnanamaya Kosa. The life is only inert mechanism of exchange process of Oxygen and Carbondioxide and release of energy by oxidation. This mechanism has no awareness of the pain.  The mind is represented by the nervous system, which is not present in the plants.  The mind may be in very very primitive stage in plants as per the research of Mr. Bose.

The ancient Indian sages avoided even plucking the leaves and fruits.  They ate leaves and fruits when they have fallen from the plants (Swayam Viseerna Dhruva Patra Vruttita).  They avoided this trace of sin also.  In plucking the leaf and killing an animal, the sin is qualitatively equal, but there is a lot of quantitative difference.  One percent sin and hundred percent sin cannot be equated.  Your argument concludes that if one does one percent sin, why not hundred percent sin be done?  This equates to your statement that if one plucks a leaf why not we kill an animal. 

Are you pained equally if I steal one rupee or one lakh rupees from your pocket.  The trace of sin can always be neglected.  The Lord came as Bhuddha and preached this non-voilence.  Veda also says that one should kill his animal nature in the sacrifice and not the animal (Manyuh Pasuh).
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1844 on: March 23, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »

I am certain the kirpan was never used to cause any living being any harm.
Huh? The kirpan symbolizes the duty to protect the weak from the oppressor...by violence if necessary.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: