OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 11:49:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 86483 times) Average Rating: 0
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1710 on: January 17, 2011, 11:48:32 AM »

Energetic Form of God Vs Human form of God
Energetic form of God is irrelevant and human form of God is relevant for the human beings

The energetic forms of God are meant only for the energetic forms of departed souls in the upper worlds. It is not the question of right and wrong, but it is a question of relevance and irrelevance. We do not say that the energetic form is wrong for human beings. We only say that the energetic form is irrelevant and human form of God is relevant for the human beings. When you worship the energetic forms, you have to either concentrate on the imagined form in mind, which is very difficult or you have to worship the statue of the energetic form. We cannot serve the imagined form. In the case of a statue, the service becomes waste. But, if you take the human form of God, all your service is enjoyed by God and becomes fruitful.

The only obstruction to the alive human form of God is the ego and jealousy towards a co-human form. You may accept the concept of human incarnation, but, if your ego and jealousy are not completely eradicated, you will worship only the statues of past human incarnations only and not the present alive form of God. Thus, for a human being, everything is concentrated on the contemporary human incarnation only.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1711 on: January 17, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »

I am equally an orthodox christian!!

Were you baptised and chrismated?
I am baptised by Divine knowledge of God.

“I indeed baptize you with water ….He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire”

Veda says ‘Prajnanam Brahma’ which means that the Holy Spirit is the divine nowledge. Gita says ‘Jnanaagnih’ which means that knowledge is fire. This means that the acceptance of Holy Jesus should be through His knowledge radiating through His sentences, which are like diamonds coming out from His mouth. The acceptance should not be just by sprinkling some water. If you accept Holy Jesus just for some money or bread or some materialistic benefits, that is not the real conversion. Your spirit i.e., the soul should be attracted directly by His powerful knowledge.

The Holy water represents rituals without knowledge. Unless you study Vedas (Upanishaths) and Bhagavat Gita and realize the knowledge by putting it in practice you cannot be a Hindu. A true Hindu is always a true Christian because the practical sacrifice is the same in any religion. Whether you can leave your family and money and come to God or not is same in any religion. The knowledge is same in all the scriptures. Whether you are a doctor studied in English medium or French medium, you can cure the disease of any patient and perform the surgery. Religions are only languages and knowledge is the content of the syllabus. Anybody does not understand the Brotherly-hood of all the religions. http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1712 on: January 17, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »

Gathering like a pack of slathering hyenas around the remnants of a zebra carcass, two cars prepared to enter the one remaining car space in the Kmart carpark. It seemed as though the Universe was holding it's breath as the two drivers faced off in steely determination. It was at that moment that the volcano acrross the street erupted....

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1713 on: January 17, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

You should know that God cannot be known

Veda also says that God is un-imaginable, who is beyond words, mind, intelligence and logic and hence God alone knows God (Brahmavit Brahmaiva...). You should know that God cannot be known (Yasyaamatam…). But such God enters the world through a medium (Tadevaanu Praavishat...) and God becomes that medium while keeping His separate identity of His real form (Satchatyatcha...). Therefore, the essence of the Veda is very clear that the absolute God is un-imaginable, He enters a human being as a medium for the sake of preaching knowledge and He remains in His original form and at the same time gets identified with the human form also.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1714 on: January 17, 2011, 11:57:47 AM »

Knowledge of the human incarnation spreads all over the world

Another Vedic statement saying that all this world is God (sarvam khalvidam…) also means the same. The country ruled by the king, Kalinga, is called as Kalinga only. The region spread by the rule of Kalinga is called as Kalinga. This does not mean that the entire kingdom is the king himself in person. All these statements indicate the knowledge of the human incarnation spreading all over the world and this should not be mis-understood as the human incarnation Himself becoming all the world.

In Rudram, existing in Veda, it is said that God hits the people with arrows released from His bow. This also indicates the human incarnations like Rama and Krishna, who punished the evil people with the help of bow and arrows. Apart from that, the bow stands for the knowledge and the arrows stands for the points.

God in human form hits everybody with His points through knowledge to kill their ignorance. Like this, all the Vedic statements can be rightly interpreted in the sense of human incarnation preaching the special knowledge. http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1715 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »

1st type of people who are in Pravrutti

The first type are those, who feel pravrutti itself as God. They feel that discharging pravrutti perfectly itself is the salvation. They feel that discharging the worldly duties itself is God and say ‘work is worship’. They should be appreciated because by discharging the duties for family, they are not disturbing the balance of the society, which also pleases God.

The balance of the society is the basis for nivrutti. Such people are far better than demons, who disturb the balance of society by achieving some powers from God. They are failures in nivrutti. A pass in the lower class, pravrutti, is better than a failure in the higher class, nivrutti. A first rank student in the school is honored with gold medal and a failure in P.G at university is scolded by the teacher. For this first type of people, Rama stands as the ideal example. Rama never entertained the spiritual path in His entire life. He behaved like a Roman in Rome.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1716 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:45 PM »

2nd  type of people who concentrates on nivrutti

The second type of people concentrates on nivrutti only. They are the saints. They never entertain pravrutti. They feel the family life as an obstruction. For this type, Hanuman stands as the best example. This section of people concentrates on Absolute God, who is unimaginable. You cannot even think or imagine the Absolute God and how can you concentrate or meditate upon such Absolute God? This section of people should learn from Hanuman, who is also a saint and perfectly diverted to nivrutti only.

Hanuman caught the contemporary human incarnation and served Him in the worldly matters. Hence, even the saints should catch the contemporary human incarnation and serve Him even in the worldly matters.

Hanuman, a bachelor, remaining unmarried to please God, could please the God by serving Him in search of His lost wife! Hanuman never thought about the marriage but served Rama, who was weeping every minute for His lost wife! Therefore, the path of the saints is completely wrong (Avyaktaahi gatih… Gita) and they will end in unhappiness only. They should select the mediated God, especially the alive human form and should serve Him blindly without criticizing the state of God. God is God in any state like a diamond.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1717 on: January 17, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »

3rd type of people maintain pravrutti and nivrutti

The third type of people want to maintain pravrutti and nivrutti simultaneously like Gopikas. Gopikas never allowed the clash between pravrutti and nivrutti. They gave butter to Krishna secretly. They met Krishna in the midnights secretly. They pleased the family members as well as God simultaneously. The Gita says that nivrutti should be maintained as the top secret (Rahasyam hyetaduttam…). Nivrutti has far higher value than pravrutti. But, this point should be kept secret so that the family members feel that your highest love is towards them only.

This is not cheating the family. It is only avoiding the clash and avoiding the unnecessary displeasure of ignorant family members. However, if God brings the clash as a test, certainly God will prevail over the family. But, you should not bring that situation by yourself and hurt the family members. If this point is understood, Gopikas need not be blamed for cheating their family members and in fact, they stand as the ideal example for the people, who want to maintain pravrutti and nivrutti simultaneously. In the case of Hanuman, God brought the clash.

A war was developed between Rama and Hanuman. The mother of Hanuman wanted to protect some person and Rama wanted to kill the same person. A clash came up between pravrutti, the mother and nivrutti, the contemporary human incarnation. Hanuman took the side of the mother and fought with Rama. He realized the mistake in the end. In the next incarnation as Adi Shankara, He rectified the mistake by leaving the mother for the sake of God. Both Hanuman and Adi Shankara were incarnations of the same Shiva. Therefore, the Bhagavatam is the most scared book for the householders aspiring the salvation. When Parikshit, a householder asked the sage Suka for salvation, the sage preached the Bhagavatam to him.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1718 on: January 17, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

Gathering like a pack of slathering hyenas around the remnants of a zebra carcass, two cars prepared to enter the one remaining car space in the Kmart carpark. It seemed as though the Universe was holding it's breath as the two drivers faced off in steely determination. It was at that moment that the volcano acrross the street erupted....

You left us hanging in suspense - what next?Huh?
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #1719 on: January 17, 2011, 03:58:38 PM »

It worked for me--as have most of them. I literally laughed out loud when I got to the volcano across the street part... but perhaps I am easily amused, I dunno Smiley

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #1720 on: January 17, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »

It worked for me--as have most of them. I literally laughed out loud when I got to the volcano across the street part... but perhaps I am easily amused, I dunno Smiley

Perhaps the volcano did a 'Pompei' on them and it was the end of the story - maybe? Smiley
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1721 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:25 PM »

Perhaps the volcano did a 'Pompei' on them and it was the end of the story - maybe? Smiley
Tom Hanks has something to say about this.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #1722 on: January 17, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »

Tom Hanks has something to say about this.

How about Tommy Lee Jones? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120461/
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1723 on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »

Spirituality Vs Religion

Every Religion in this world wants you to get rid of bad qualities at least from today for the admission into that religion which is practically impossible. The reason is that these bad qualities were grown like hills for the past millions of births. This small human life is insufficient even to move them, not to speak of removing them. People can control the bad qualities to some extent by their efforts. These bad qualities are frequently sparking in the minds of even the most pious sages. If one says that he is good and he is devoid of all the bad qualities, it only cheating others, which in turn is cheating oneself. Due to this practically impossible condition, for the religious admission, people have developed allergy towards any religion because the eligibility for admission is impractical.

The religious preachers have confused the whole situation by fusing religion and spiritualism. Religion is the context of GOD to establish peace and justice in this world. In this context, you must control your bad qualities so that you will not disturb the peace and justice and will not harm any good person in this world. If you disturb the world by your bad qualities, God will punish you. But, in this context, it is sufficient if you control the bad qualities since you cannot remove them. The Religion ends here. Some religions strictly end here without any spiritualism.

The spiritualism is the context in which you have to make efforts to reach God. In this context, you need not even control your bad qualities because, God has no personal objection towards your bad qualities. These bad qualities cannot be obstacles in any manner in this context. Moreover, when you turn these bad qualities towards the God, they become your helpers. Any quality whether good or bad, is created by God only to help you in reaching Him. If you realize the original aim of all these qualities, good or bad, why should you control these qualities, which are with you as a helper? No fool controls his helpers. So, any quality when involved in spiritualism is used for its original aim, it becomes a good quality. So all your qualities become good in spiritualism and you need not put any effort to remove or even control them. When the qualities are not used for their original purpose, they become bad qualities. Therefore, whatever qualities turned towards the world, are bad qualities. In this spiritualism, there is no need of any effort even to control these bad qualities.

Then, for what, our effort should be made? Our effort should be concentrated to achieve “Bhakthi” which is the love on God. “Bhakthi” is achieved and is grown by the knowledge of God. For example, you came to know that Bombay City exists. This is the knowledge of existence of Bombay. By this you want to see Bombay. As you know the details of Bombay more and more, your desire to see the city becomes more and more. Knowing details about the Bombay City is again the further knowledge. So, knowledge is directly proportional to desire. First Rukmini heard that there is Lord Krishna on this earth. As she heard more and more about Lord Krishna from Sage Narada, her love on Krishna increased enormously. Narada means he who gives knowledge. Therefore, ‘Jnana”(knowledge) generates and develops “Bhakthi (devotion)”. Due to Bhakthi, the Lord is attained. Gita says the same ‘ONLY BY BHAKTHI I AM ATTAINED’ (‘Bhaktya………’).

In the spiritual path all your effort must be concentrated in acquiring the knowledge of God day by day. Once this knowledge based Bhakthi (devotion) is achieved, your qualities good or bad are immaterial. Whatever may be the vessel, the drink in it is important. The value paid in a hotel is for the drink only. If you have taken a cup of coffee, you are paying the cost of the coffee only whether the cup is made of glass or metal. Similarly, God gives value only for your Bhakthi and not for your quality. I will give a beautiful example here. “Sabari” is with good qualities and offered fruits to the Lord Rama who is Vishnu. A hunter called “Kannappa” gave flesh to the Lord Siva. Sabari reached the ‘World of Vishnu and Kannappa reached the World of Shiva”. Both have reached the same Lord because Veda says, “Shiva is Narayana”. Both of them have been given the similar value by the Lord because in both cases, the intensity of the devotion is the same as both gave even their food without eating. Therefore, this proves clearly that the Lord has no objection for your bad qualities. Hence, all the effort should be only to achieve and increase the intensity of love devotion or Bhakthi on God. It is not necessary to bother about your qualities that are inherent coming from millions of births. They are the born qualities. The tail of the dog is curved. Any effort cannot make it straight.

By force, we can keep it straight but it has not become straight. Similarly you can control your bad qualities for not disturbing peace of the world by some force. When you come to God, you come in your natural state because you can deceive the world showing that your banded tail is straight but not the God. Whether the river comes in straight path or curved path, the ocean receives only the water with equality. Similarly, God receives your love irrespective of your quality. He received “Sabari” and ‘Kannappa” equally. Sabari with good qualities and Kannappa with bad qualities reached the same Lord, as their devotion is of same intensity.http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1724 on: January 17, 2011, 10:10:37 PM »

Meaning of end of world and second coming of Jesus

Tribulation comes in every human generation. Tribulation should be understood in its inner sense. The sun becomes black. The sun means the intelligence or the discrimination power. Black means the evil direction. The moon becomes red. Moon stands for mind (Chandrama Manasah –Veda). The red colour indicates emotion and anger. The divine bodies escape their orbits. The divine bodies mean the feelings of good people. Orbits mean the paths of justice. Like this one should understand the inner meaning. It is scholastic language. Jesus is a great scholar.

The same tribulation is mentioned in Gita “whenever the tribulation appears in any human generation and at any place, I shall come down in the human form to set it right” (Yadahi Yadahi—Gita). In Gita “Dharma Glanih” means tribulation. This tribulation may take place in physical sense at the end. The re-incarnation of the Jesus to judge and punish is nothing but the “Kalki” incarnation mentioned in Hinduism. It is a very powerful incarnation. But mean while the Lord will come again and again to change the people through the divine knowledge. After many efforts, the final step is taken. When you say that Jesus will come again, it means He will come again and again to preach and change. Such interpretation synchronises with Gita also. http://www.esnips.com/doc/0db8a6ba-102a-4380-9230-7b6e8345291e/divine-knowledge

theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1725 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:06 AM »

Good grief, can't you say anything original, have a conversation, etc.? All you do is keep reposting the same "esnips" over and over. Very insulting, frankly.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1726 on: January 18, 2011, 04:09:01 AM »

Good grief, can't you say anything original, have a conversation, etc.? All you do is keep reposting the same "esnips" over and over. Very insulting, frankly.
Since no one will moderate him for not posting his sources, or ban him for spamming, he's free to write whatever jibberish he wants.

Public criticism of the Moderators, their decisions and their actions is in direct violation of the Forum Rules. Certainly you know this as you've been an active enough poster and for long enough that this cannot be a surprise to you. If you question something that you feel the Moderators are doing, or are not doing you must bring these issues up via PM, (as other users have done recently about this very thread) but not in the public forum. Consider this an official warning to not challenge Moderator actions in public again. If you disagree with this decision feel free to appeal via PM to Fr. George.

Northern Pines, Religious Topics Forum Moderator

Calling out Moderators in public
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:49:36 AM by NorthernPines » Logged

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1727 on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:11 AM »

I request you to read my post and discuss with your points on the posts...
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1728 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:17 AM »

A planning error meant that Briony and Tristan Passer-le-Vent were on their yacht having rounded the Horn and were not talking to one another. The error being that their destination was a land-locked country. The last words spoken between them were Briony's which were uttered as Isla Deceit was passing by on the port side: "But how was I to know?" At times like this, Tristan would recite the family motto to himself rhythmically with his breathing: Songus Nisdim Venbect Indum. He had no idea what it meant, nor did anyone else since it was a neologism uttered by his inbred Great Great Grandfather in the last stages of Porphyria. However, the words had their desired effect and after forty seven minutes, he turned to Briony and said "This may sound strange, but iddyopa nug nug." Briony's face broke into a relieved smile. "Yes," she gasped, "You're right. It does sound strange."  Tristan silently finished stuffing pipe tobacco into his ears and asked the waiter for a light.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:44:14 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1729 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »

Since you ignore the points we make, why should we respect yours? Your lack of basic courtesy in conversation is hardly befitting a "God in human form."

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1730 on: January 19, 2011, 02:28:53 AM »

Churches

In all the temples, churches, mosques and prayer halls of other religions, remember that only the inert representative models of God exist and all your services to such models are not received by God in any way except that they are meant to improve your devotion. Of course, all these places are necessary to develop your devotion to God. You can develop your devotion without wasting money in all these unnecessary ignorant practices. The same money can be spent to save the life of a hungry person and to improve the facilities of poor people so that they can have peaceful life and turn to God. God will be pleased by such activity and not by these foolish practices of blind tradition. As Buddha told, you must analyze every action before implementing it and you should not do it blindly based on tradition.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1731 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:36 AM »

For eating if you kill it is a sin

You must not kill any living being for the sake of your food. God has given enough vegetable food that contains all the ingredients present in the non-vegetarian food. After all, the source of ingredients of any flesh is only vegetable kingdom only. Eating the non-vegetarian food is not a sin because same ingredients exist in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods. But, you have to kill a living being for the sake of non-vegetarian food. The killing is the greatest sin. You may argue that you have not killed the living being directly. Such argument cannot stand. Since you are eating the non-vegetarian food, the living being is killed. You are responsible for its killing. Therefore, you are the principle shareholder of the sin. There is nothing wrong if you eat a living being after its natural death. In Hinduism, there is a sect of people called ‘Kapalikas’, who eat the dead living beings. Therefore, they do not acquire sin. The tsunami is always due to anger of God since you are killing the living beings present in water for food.

The earthquakes are due to killing of living beings that exist on the earth. God in the form of Buddha and Mahavir preached the non-violence and severely opposed the killing of living beings. God in some other human forms might have followed the practice of non-vegetarian food in order to join with non-vegetarian people so that, certain other higher aspects to be preached might have been taken into consideration. That does not mean that God has encouraged the killing of living beings through non-vegetarian food. He might have kept silent on this issue in order to give importance to other serious issues. God follows the ignorance of the students in order to become friendly with them. To control a running bull, you have to run along with it for some distance before controlling it.

All these are the basic concepts of nivrutti, which are the core of pravrutti. By following the ethics of pravrutti, you will avoid God becoming furious with you. Then, through nivrutti, you can please God. On one hand, you are making God furious by not following the ethics of pravrutti and how can you please God through nivrutti simultaneously?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1732 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:00 AM »

Since you ignore the points we make, why should we respect yours? Your lack of basic courtesy in conversation is hardly befitting a "God in human form."

Please consider above 2 posts and comment on it...let us discuss..
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1733 on: January 19, 2011, 03:15:29 AM »

Eloise had come to dread Saturday afternoons at Aunt Hilda's. She dreaded the endless cups of tea which seemed more milk than tea. She dreaded the mountains of cream cakes. She dreaded the piranha filled moat she had to cross to get to the front door. “But I know my duty.” she thought to herself as she rang the doorbell. Presently, the door creaked open and Winifred, the housekeeper and former nanny to Eloise’s fifth cousin twice removed’s wife’s gardener, smiled sweetly. “Can I help you?” she asked. Her eyesight had been poor for some years now. “It’s Eloise, Winifred” came the reply.  “We don’t have any loose windows,” replied Winifred, who was also hard of hearing, “and even if we did, why would we need them to be fed?”  Eloise contemplated the option of jumping back into the moat behind her, but reminded herself of her duty. “Aunt Hilda’s expecting me” said Eloise witheringly. “Oh!“ cried Winifred with sudden realization. “You’re the pest exterminator! The ant hill is in the back garden, and Madam is on the patio.”  The sound of frenzied splashing was all that came back in response.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:23:19 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1734 on: January 19, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »

You are asking us to extend a courtesy to you that you will not extend to us. No thanks.

Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1735 on: January 19, 2011, 12:08:43 PM »

You are asking us to extend a courtesy to you that you will not extend to us. No thanks.

The above two posts are interesting one in the context of christianity....
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #1736 on: January 19, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »

No, they're not.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1737 on: January 19, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »

The above two posts are interesting one in the context of christianity....

Your willful ignorance of Orthodox Christianity makes you unqualified to comment on or discuss it.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1738 on: January 19, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »

Your willful ignorance of Orthodox Christianity makes you unqualified to comment on or discuss it.

Orthodox christianity is a beautiful religion with lot of ethical values i love it!
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1739 on: January 19, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »

Orthodox christianity is a beautiful religion with lot of ethical values i love it!

You don't know the first thing about it. You prove that, again and again. Let's see if you can answer some basic questions:

1. What is the Orthodox Christian teaching on the one hypostasis and two natures of Christ? 2. What is the significance of the Divine Liturgy and the Eucharist to Orthodox Christians? 3. What is the importance of prayer in Orthodoxy? 4. What is the spiritual significance of icons? 5. What is theosis? 5. What differentiates Orthodoxy from Protestantism and Roman Catholicism?

By the way, it's alright to "cheat" for the answers by looking answers up on the internet... at least you'll be learning something.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #1740 on: January 19, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »

You don't know the first thing about it. You prove that, again and again. Let's see if you can answer some basic questions:

1. What is the Orthodox Christian teaching on the one hypostasis and two natures of Christ? 2. What is the significance of the Divine Liturgy and the Eucharist to Orthodox Christians? 3. What is the importance of prayer in Orthodoxy? 4. What is the spiritual significance of icons? 5. What is theosis? 5. What differentiates Orthodoxy from Protestantism and Roman Catholicism?

By the way, it's alright to "cheat" for the answers by looking answers up on the internet... at least you'll be learning something.

Iconodule,

You had two 5's. No one can work under that kind of pressure.
 Grin

I'm going to need this.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1741 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:16 AM »

Is there any chance that datta is the former Abbot George Burke? If so, I just bought your cookbook, I have heard it is great! Wink
NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #1742 on: January 21, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »

Do you think you had to make the questions so complex?  Grin I think something elementary like, "what makes the Orthodox Canon of Scripture different from the Protestant" would have more than enough to stump our friend here. Smiley

Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1743 on: January 21, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »

Do you think you had to make the questions so complex?  Grin I think something elementary like, "what makes the Orthodox Canon of Scripture different from the Protestant" would have more than enough to stump our friend here. Smiley

I thought, since we are dealing with "God in human form," these questions would be no problem.  Wink

NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #1744 on: January 21, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »

I thought, since we are dealing with "God in human form," these questions would be no problem.  Wink

Whoops! I had forgotten already. Thanks for reminding me.  laugh
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1745 on: January 21, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »

Why the tag "Blasphemy' is constantly being removed from this thread?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #1746 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »

Why the tag "Blasphemy' is constantly being removed from this thread?
I just noticed the tags.

I LOL'd at all of them, but especially so for "so long and thanx 4 all the fish".  Cheesy Cheesy

I'm going to need this.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1747 on: January 23, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »

Dear Iconodule beloved devotee in Christ;

If you ask me about Roman Catholic I would have answered you very nicely. But about orthodox christianity,I request humbly to you, to please you yourself answer me the questions you posed to me. In the place where I live, this orthodox christianity church is not there. So i request again to you, to answer in your own words to get enlightened from you regarding the orthodox church. Please remember, give your own answers, do not give any link and ask me to read. If you explain to me by your own words i can very well understand it.

Let Jesus bless you aboundantly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:11:55 PM by dattaswami » Logged
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #1748 on: January 23, 2011, 06:34:16 PM »

And yet earlier in this thread you stated that you are a "baptized  orthodox Christian".

Quinault
Protokentarchos

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1749 on: January 23, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »

Is there any chance that datta is the former Abbot George Burke? If so, I just bought your cookbook, I have heard it is great! Wink

This could be the reason why he would claim to be a baptized Orthodox Christian.
Superdattaswami
*The One Who Completes All Religions*

Faith: God
Jurisdiction: The Entire Multiverse

« Reply #1750 on: February 04, 2011, 03:14:20 PM »

I am the fulfillment of all the religions of the world. I am the true God. Come to me my children, and find salvation. Do not believe the deceiver Dattaswami. He is a mere mortal. Hail Superdattaswami!!!

I am the Alpha and Omega! The God of Venu, bjhulk, and all Creation!
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #1751 on: February 04, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »

I am the fulfillment of all the religions of the world. I am the true God. Come to me my children, and find salvation. Do not believe the deceiver Dattaswami. He is a mere mortal. Hail Superdattaswami!!!

Run for your lives....or at least the hills!
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« Reply #1752 on: February 04, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »

Show a sign to an unbelieving generation!

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #1753 on: February 04, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »

Eloise had come to dread Saturday afternoons at Aunt Hilda's. She dreaded the endless cups of tea which seemed more milk than tea. She dreaded the mountains of cream cakes. She dreaded the piranha filled moat she had to cross to get to the front door. “But I know my duty.” she thought to herself as she rang the doorbell. Presently, the door creaked open and Winifred, the housekeeper and former nanny to Eloise’s fifth cousin twice removed’s wife’s gardener, smiled sweetly. “Can I help you?” she asked. Her eyesight had been poor for some years now. “It’s Eloise, Winifred” came the reply.  “We don’t have any loose windows,” replied Winifred, who was also hard of hearing, “and even if we did, why would we need them to be fed?”  Eloise contemplated the option of jumping back into the moat behind her, but reminded herself of her duty. “Aunt Hilda’s expecting me” said Eloise witheringly. “Oh!“ cried Winifred with sudden realization. “You’re the pest exterminator! The ant hill is in the back garden, and Madam is on the patio.”  The sound of frenzied splashing was all that came back in response.

Oh no! Poor Eloise! Was it suicide? Such a terrible way to end it all. And for what?

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Superdattaswami
*The One Who Completes All Religions*

Faith: God
Jurisdiction: The Entire Multiverse

« Reply #1754 on: February 04, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »

A wicked generation seeks a sign. If you wish for your unbelief to dissolve, be courageous and follow me. I am not the incomprehensible one from before. No more nonsense. Do you have real questions for your God??? Partake from my well of divine knowledge.

I am the Alpha and Omega! The God of Venu, bjhulk, and all Creation!
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: