OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 08:48:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 100482 times) Average Rating: 0
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1485 on: January 01, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »

We don't know datta's real name, not that we really care.  We don't know if he's a professor at K L University in India?  He could be a NYC taxi driver for all we know.

One thing for sure, he has a well developed index finger from cutting and pasting so much......
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #1486 on: January 01, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »

Is the rumor true that you are in the running for the 2011 Wonka Prize for excellence in Chocolateering?
What!?  There's a 2011 Wonka Prize?  Hey, I realize I'm new to the chocolate discipline, but I should have known about this.  It's already 2011.  I should have been told.  This field is full of effete snobs who are more interested in preserving their own little chocolate empires than in welcoming the energetic energies of new newcomers.  I renounce the chocolate field.  I'm out.  I do not want s'more.  It's comical; in fact I'm now snickering.  The Global Chocolate Institute can kiss my tuition money goodbye.

Your loss, chocolate industry.  Your loss.

Please reconsider. The other finalists are Candy Cane flavored Hershey Kisses and White Chocolate covered Peeps. Civilization is depending upon you!
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1487 on: January 01, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »

Please reconsider.
No, no.  It's over.  After talking with my admissions counselor, I've decided to change my career field to chocolate education.  That way, I don't actually have to know anything about chocolate; I only have to teach it.  Beats the publish-or-perish mentality in the industry.  I couldn't take it.  Not for me.  Goodbye.
podkarpatska
Merarches

« Reply #1488 on: January 01, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

Please reconsider.
No, no.  It's over.  After talking with my admissions counselor, I've decided to change my career field to chocolate education.  That way, I don't actually have to know anything about chocolate; I only have to teach it.  Beats the publish-or-perish mentality in the industry.  I couldn't take it.  Not for me.  Goodbye.

Well, by default the Wonka simply has to go to the Candy Cane flavored chocolate kisses. Ugh.
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1489 on: January 02, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »

Person became postgraduate & even a Ph.D. degree holder in course of begging & weeping for chocolates.
There are degrees in chocolate?  Sign me up!  I want to be a doctor of chocolate.   I want to be a doctor of chocolate!
If life experience counts, I already have two PhD's in chocolate, and a Master's in truffles.
Is the rumor true that you are in the running for the 2011 Wonka Prize for excellence in Chocolateering?
Yes, it's true!  My love of chocolate lead me to study with a Master Chocolatier from Tasmania, and she encouraged to enter the contest.  It's the Nobel Peace Prize of chocolate.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:57:18 AM by Agia Marina » Logged

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1490 on: January 02, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

We don't know datta's real name, not that we really care.  We don't know if he's a professor at K L University in India?  He could be a NYC taxi driver for all we know.

The prediction of Noster Damus is going to become true soon

The logic behind the unity of God in various forms related to the corresponding religions is already given by Me in the “conversation of Swami with a Christian father.”  The analysis presented by Me in that topic is a terrible binding force of various religions.  By correlation of the scriptures, if you try to establish the unity of speaker, analysts may not accept it.  They may say that the concepts of different speakers may some times coincide and that does not necessarily mean that the speakers should be one and the same. 

The minor differences in the scriptures which were followed by God depending on the various levels of the corresponding communities, the various cultures of different regions also get magnified to be used to differentiate the speakers.  When the speakers are different, the devotees will not be united because they believe that their particular unique preacher was only the savior.  Therefore, you must start with the final weapon to establish the unity of God as established by Me in that topic.  You have to attack the virus and bacteria at the very outset itself by a single stroke.  With the help of its continued effect, the subsequent steps of uniting the human beings become very easy and also inevitable.

If your God is the only creator of this entire earth, He becomes partial by giving the right knowledge to your region only when other regions were not having any communications with your region.  In such case, our forefathers went to hell for no fault of their ignorance about your God and His scripture given to you alone in that time.  This concept acts like the Brahmaastra and will have the posterior effect continuously in your effort of uniting the devotees of various religions. The subsequent unity of scriptures is forced by the logic of this single concept and the unity of the scriptures becomes inevitable because no religion can accept the blind partiality of God, since their God is the father of all the souls on this earth.

The absence of human rebirth in the other religions supports the inevitable injustice done to the forefathers since there is no chance of their coming back to this earth again in human forms.  There is no chance for them to rectify their ignorance since their human birth was finished once for all which can not be repeated again under any circumstances.  The concept of permanent hell also supports this point, since those forefathers can never be relieved form the permanent hell. When we propagated this powerful logic, one Christian unable to answer this point by logic, shouted saying “Let God be partial, but I will not accept the Universal Spirituality”!

Such conservative devotee need not be blamed and in fact, we pity him for the power of poison injected in to his brain by the blind tradition of the ignorant priests from generations together!  Conservative devotees may not accept the truth today which is exposed with perfect logic and analysis from all angles.  But in course of time, this powerful truth will work and drill their brains and a day will come when the permanent transformation of all the human beings takes place and the dream of Universal Spirituality is sure to become a practical reality and the consequence is the establishment of world peace for ever.

Those who participate in the propagation of this divine knowledge are also blessed by God forever because they have done the work of God which is going to be eternal.  The prediction of the Universal Spirituality on this earth by Noster Damus is going to become true shortly, since that prediction was from God only through him.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1491 on: January 02, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »

One thing for sure, he has a well developed index finger from cutting and pasting so much......

Conversation between SWAMI and a Christian Father

Recently, I had ( a devotee) the fortune to accompany Swami in a train journey from Narasaraopet to Vijayawada. A Christian father was our co-passenger. The conversation between Swami and the Christian father took place as given below.

Father: Those who do not have faith in Jesus Christ are destined to be consigned to the flames of liquid fire in Hell. This is the declaration of our faith.

SWAMI: Does that mean that there is no salvation to all the devotees on this earth prior to the incarnation of Jesus Christ? If so, all those devotees were subjects of prejudice of God, as they were deprived of that revelation, their successors had?

Father: God is impartial in that subject. He gave Jehovah to mankind for their salvation before the incarnation of Jesus.

SWAMI: Fine! If that be so, devotees of this land have no knowledge of either Jehovah or Jesus Christ prior to the arrival of Vasco da Gama. Vasco da Gama discovered India and only later on, the Christian literature that speaks of Jehovah or Jesus came to India. All those innocents, who lived before the arrival of Vasco da Gama deprived of the revelations of either Jehovah or Jesus Christ, were consigned to the flames of the ‘liquid fire’ for no fault of theirs. They were not to regenerate by taking human births again and reclaim the salvation since the doctrine of the faith you follow has no place for the rebirth of the soul.

Does this mean that God intended to provide the revelation only to a handful in a small country and deny the opportunity to all those living in rest of the world? Why did God reveal Himself at a particular point of time, in a particular land, to a particular section alone? Does that not inflict the God with prejudice?

FATHER: No faith is free from such blame. Does not the faith you belong to, charge the non-believers of your faith to the same danger of hell? All mortals in other land, not aware of the virtues of the faith you follow, are subjects of the same punishment in hell! Does this also not inflict God with Prejudice?

SWAMI: There are enthusiasts who are fans in every faith. Christian enthusiasts maintain that non-believers in Jehovah or Jesus Christ shall be subjects for the flames of the liquid fire. Hindu enthusiasts maintain that non-believers of Lord Vishnu or Lord Shiva shall be subjects for affliction in hell. They further introduce and adopt sectarian salvation which limits itself to certain sections only. Followers of different sects castigate each other by such warnings.

All these partisans fail to appreciate the unity in thought of all the world religions. All these ‘approaches’ to God, afflict Him with Prejudice. The only way to keep God unblemished is to perceive His generosity correctly.

The same single God revealed Himself distinctly in different places, in different times, to different people in different forms. He granted the same enlightenment to all in different tongues. All those faithful attain salvation upon receiving the enlightenment. Those who fail to receive are subjected to the liquid fire in hell. This approach towards God makes him unblemished. The God of all religions is one and the same. He may appear to be different due to differences in His approach to different people, in different times, in different forms and in different tongues. He nurtures all with same compassion.

The sea receives all the rivers in the same way, whether they are straight or curved. The devotion is important and not the religion or path. If the straight river becomes proud and mocks at the curved river, God will see that the straight river will never reach Him. By His will, people will build a dam on that river to divert all the water!

Every one needs to follow the path assigned in his faith to attain salvation. Every religion has different levels of spiritual enlightenment. One should move up to the higher level for comprehension of the total enlightenment. Such enlightenment alone is the means of salvation.

These levels of enlightenment in each religion are similar to the levels of education. Different religions are similar to different language mediums. The content of the curriculum is same in all the language mediums. A pupil of a certain language should strive to reach higher levels of knowledge in the same medium of his choice. He is a pilgrim in pursuit of divinity. His medium is his opportunity. It is neither superior nor inferior to any other medium. He need not move on to another language medium to uplift himself. All the language mediums are different religions at different levels of knowledge.

A school student studying science in a particular medium (language) need not change his medium, because even if he changes, the syllabus will not be changed. He should strive to change his syllabus by raising his standard of knowledge and reach to college level in the same medium. The school and college levels exist in every medium. A school student does not become a college student just by changing the medium of his class.

He becomes a college student only, when the level of his knowledge rises up. Similarly, a devotee of any religion should try to reach the higher spiritual level in his own religion. His spiritual level is not raised by changing his religion. Every religion has the lower and higher levels of spiritualism meant for devotees of corresponding stages. Religion is the medium and spiritualism is the curriculum or syllabus with different levels (school level, college level etc.,) present in the same religion.

One shall strive to reach the higher levels of knowledge that are carved out in his own faith. No one needs to move on to another faith for higher level of knowledge for the will of final salvation. All faiths lead to the same destination. In any path, you will have to proceed vertically to reach the goal. At any point of your path, if you travel horizontally, you will reach the same point of level in another path, which is a waste. The realization of this truth alone ensures harmony among different faiths of the world. Failure to perceive the truth will not make anyone enlightened.

When Swami concluded like this, the Christian Father stood and touched his heart in the model of a cross and said, "we believe that Jesus will be born again. Yes. Jesus is again born now. Nobody else can explain like this. I am fully convinced''.

When we came to our house, Swami told me, "see, the Christian father did not rigidly limit his mind with conservatism. Every religion contains good and broad- minded devotees. My effort of propagation of knowledge is for such devotees who are present in every religion in this world''.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1492 on: January 02, 2011, 08:29:22 AM »

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1493 on: January 02, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

No hope for the thread, but he does spin quite a yarn!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1494 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:33 AM »

The prediction of Noster Damus is going to become true soon

Was Nostradamus God in Human Form?  Maitreya?

Those who participate in the propagation of this divine knowledge are also blessed by God forever because they have done the work of God which is going to be eternal.  The prediction of the Universal Spirituality on this earth by Noster Damus is going to become true shortly, since that prediction was from God only through him.

I used to read books on Nostradamus in College until I found his predictions ... absurd and unbelievable.  The following is taken from the Wikipedia Nostradamus site:

Some accounts of Nostradamus's life state that he was afraid of being persecuted for heresy by the Inquisition, but neither prophecy nor astrology fell in this bracket, and he would have been in danger only if he had practiced magic to support them. In fact, his relationship with the Church was always excellent.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1495 on: January 02, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »

Just out of curiosity, is Nostradamus' name a variation on "Notre Dame" (Our Lady)?

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1496 on: January 02, 2011, 07:11:13 PM »

I'm sure the "swami" can answer that for you.  Smiley

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1497 on: January 02, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »

Well not really answer it but go way off topic, yes.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1498 on: January 02, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »

Well not really answer it but go way off topic, yes.
Too true.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1499 on: January 02, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »

Great Genius unifies religion and science

I p 295 (cVII-14)

The Great Genius will help unify science and religion and bring about
the enlightenment and peace of the Age of Aquarius foretold by
prophets. People will be able to free their inner selves and open
themselves up to the higher powers and the higher levels of the
universe. In effect it will make everyone a philosopher. Sects and
religions that embrace the newly discoverd principles will be
widespread as adherents meet and share experiences in exploring the
"upper regions".

Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #1500 on: January 02, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »

Please holy priests of Christ's Church, please pray for this man.  I am afraid to say anything to him, as I don't want to be attacked by the devil. 

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1501 on: January 02, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »

Please holy priests of Christ's Church, please pray for this man.  I am afraid to say anything to him, as I don't want to be attacked by the devil. 

Your statement shows that you have no real faith on God! You need not recommend God for any body. God will act based on the merit of the case and based on His decision. Your prayer cannot affect the decision of God. A person who is truely deserving then God will bless Him irrespective of your recommendation or prayer. If a person is deserving punishment, you need not pray GOd to punish him. In God's kingdom nothing wrong will happen. Your recommendation is a mere waste infront of God. Instead of wasting time like that why dont you learn the divine knowledge of God and participate in His mission of divine knowledge propagation.

You increase you value and love to God. Try to read the divine knowledge and clarify all your spiritual doubts. When your spiritual doubts are cleared your love on GOd increases and excell your love to other things and others in this world. Now when you have reach such a state of love on God, naturally you will love others as yourself and will conquer jealosy and egoism towards co-human being. In that jucture, God will come to you in human form and will lead you towards Him through His divine knowldge.

You are now wasting your time without doing all these and which result in displeasure of God. Serving God and pleasing Him is the aim of life. Why are you wasting your precious life without doing the desire one?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1502 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »

Just out of curiosity, is Nostradamus' name a variation on "Notre Dame" (Our Lady)?

Yes, as far as I've heard, it is.   Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1503 on: January 02, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »

This may be the only thing that helps Venu:

http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets/english/exorcism.htm

The Service Of Exorcism

The service of exorcism consists of prayers banishing evil spirits from the catechumen and from persons suffering physical and mental illnesses. The service of exorcism for candidates in baptism is read during the service of catechumens preceding baptism. During the blessing of the water of baptism certain phrases banishing evil are used also. Before starting the reading of the prayers of exorcism prior to baptism, the priest welcomes the candidate and blesses him:

"In Thy name, O Lord God of truth, I lay my hand upon Thy servant, who has been found worthy to seek refuge in Thy Holy Name and to be sheltered under the shadow of Thy wings. Take from him that ancient error and fill him with Thy faith and hope and love that he may know Thou Alone art true God. inscribe him in Thy book of life. May Thine Eyes ever gaze upon him in mercy. Give him joy in the works of his hands."

In this prayer the priest does not mention the banishment of evil spirits. He welcomes the candidate in the name of the Lord, asking that he dedicate himself to a spiritual life under the protection of Christ. After this prayer, three prayers of exorcism are read for every candidate, adult or infant. The three exorcism prayers for the catechumens are the same in substance, banishing the evil spirits. Following are a few excerpts from the three exorcism prayers with which the priest invokes God to banish Satan:

"THE LORD PUTS you under a ban, O Devil: He who came into the world, and made His abode among men, that He might overthrow your tyranny and deliver men; who also upon the Tree did triumph over the adverse powers, when the sun was darkened, and the earth did quake, and the graves were opened, and the bodies of the Saints arose; who also by death annihilated Death, and overthrew him who exercised the dominion of Death, that is you, the Devil.

I charge you by God, who revealed the Tree of Life, and arrayed in ranks the Cherubim and the flaming sword which turns all ways to guard it: be under a ban. For I charge you by Him who walked upon the surface of the sea as it were dry land, and laid under His ban the tempests of the winds; whose glance dries up the deep, and whose interdict makes the mountains melt away. The same now, through us, puts you under a ban. Fear, begone, and depart from this creature, and return not again, neither hide yourself in him neither seek to meet him, nor to influence him, either by night or by day; either in the morning or at noonday; but depart hence to your own infernal abyss until the great Judgment Day which is ordained. Fear God who sits upon the Cherubim and looks upon the deeps; before whom tremble Angels and Archangels, Thrones, Dominions, Principalities, Authorities, Powers, the many-eyed Cherubim and the six-winged Seraphim; before whom, likewise, heaven and earth do quake, the seas and all that they contain. Begone, and depart from this sealed, newly enlisted warrior of Christ our God. For I charge you by Him who rides upon the wings of the wind, and makes His Angels spirits, and His ministers a flaming fire: Begone, and depart from this creature, with all your powers and your angels.

For glorified is the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, now, and ever, and unto ages of ages."

"O LORD AND MASTER; who hast created man in Thine own likeness, and bestowed upon him the power of life eternal; who also despisest not those who have fallen away through sin, but hast provided salvation for the world through the Incarnation of Thy Christ: Do Thou, the same Lord, delivering also this Thy creature from the bondage of the enemy, receive him into Thy heavenly kingdom. Open the eyes of his understanding, that the illumination of Thy Gospel may shine brightly in him. Assign unto him an angel of light, who shall deliver him from every snare of the adversary, from encounter with evil, from the demon of the noonday, and from evil thoughts.

Expel from him every evil and unclean spirit which hides and makes its lair in his heart, (these words are repeated three times while breathing on the catechumen)

- the spirit of deceit, the spirit of evil, the spirit of idolatry and of every covetousness; the spirit of falsehood and of every uncleanness which operates through the prompting of the Devil. And make him a reason-endowed sheep in the holy flock of Thy Christ, an honorable member of Thy Church, a child of the light, and an heir of Thy Kingdom; that having lived in accordance with Thy commandments, and preserved inviolate the Seal, and kept his garment undefiled, he may receive the blessedness of the Saints in Thy Kingdom.

Through the grace and bounties, and love towards mankind of Thine Only-begotten Son, with whom Thou art blessed, together with Thine all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen."

And then the candidate acknowledges his faith: "I worship Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, Trinity consubstantial and undivided." The ritual order of the exorcism presupposes the willingness of the candidate, who is strengthened with the Grace of God, to avoid and ward off the temptations of the evil spirit.

These three prayers of exorcism are the familiar ones of the Church which are used in banishing the influences and temptations of Satan. In addition to these exorcism prayers at baptism, there are other prayers of exorcism for various cases.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:40:04 PM by biro » Logged

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1504 on: January 03, 2011, 12:55:12 AM »

Become a servant of God, do not recommand God

Do not think that God is your servant to follow what you say or pray to Him!!!! God is not a slave of you! Therefore, become a slave of God. God hear the prayers of 'His People' only. Not any X, Y and Z. Who is His people? His people is like those servant of God like Jesus, Rama, Krishna etc. They have given highest place for God and they are 'His people'.

If God has to hear the foolish prayers of all the people in this world, then what would be the state of this world?

Therefore, learn that, do not recommand God. Dont think that you are smarter than God and hence God need your wakeup call to answer some situations! Do not insult GOd by your foolishness. First become a servant of God and tell that whatever God wishes will happen, it is not my wish, it is your wish that shall takes place. Be a slave of God not become master of God!!!

First try to become 'His people' by loving and pratically serving Him. Learn the divine knowledge and clarify all your spiritual doubts and start pratically serving Him....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1505 on: January 03, 2011, 01:00:26 AM »

The Great Genius will unify religion and science and explain
ancient documents, making clear the metaphysical connections between
the universe and spirituality. I p 293 (cVII-14)

- Discovery several centuries after the Great Genius intermeshes
grandly with his knowledge and allows people to burst free
from all physical bounds and limitations. I p 297 (cIII-94)
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1506 on: January 03, 2011, 01:01:35 AM »

I do not recommend the Tata Nano.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1507 on: January 03, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »

There is considerable agreement that a great scholar will emerge from the land bounded by three seas. He will be well versed in the scriptures and science and Thursday will be holy to him (cI-50). He will uproot fanaticism and establish his spiritual philosophy (cIII-95). This quite obviously indicates that the said scholar will be a Hindu from India .
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1508 on: January 03, 2011, 01:45:33 AM »

I do not recommend the Tata Nano.

Impartial Preaching of Lord

While preaching the Lord follows the psychology of receiver and speaks to His corresponding level only in a palatable way (Priyam) so that  he will not run away on hearing a harsh truth (Satyam), which may correspond to higher level.  But at the same time the Lord will not preach a lie (Amrutam) even if it is liked very much.  At the same time he will introduce slightly higher level so that a little truth with little harshness is introduced.  The psychology of the receiver which likes only palatable concepts is as important as the truth.  If a lie which is highly palatable is spoken, the huge majority of followers will appear.

But what is the use of such preaching?  Because the receiver is not really benefited in long range (upper world).  If the entire concept is reveled, it is so harsh that people will run away without even hearing it.  Therefore, the middle gold path of Aristotle should be followed so that a minority of followers appears.

If the preacher shows some miracles, huge crowds will follow who will be interested in solving their problems by exploiting that super power.  In that case the preacher may speak any nonsense, the followers will be clapping.  The devotion of such followers is only artificial and such devotees are the prostitute devotees.  The miracles are exhibited by the Lord spontaneously in the case of extreme necessity for the sake of a really deserving devotee. 

The miracle is expected to help the devotee in the spiritual path.  The sage Udanka did not ask for the vision of Viswarupam.  But still the Lord showed it and sage Udanka got its benefit permanently. The sage believed the human incarnation throughout his life.  Arjuna could get only some temporary benefit by such vision and therefore the Lord did not show it by himself unless Arjuna requested for it.   Duryodhana did not ask for it but Dhrutarashtra asked to see it. In the case of these two, there is no use at all and the vision did not change them. The miracle can not be a poof of the Lord because even the devotees either good or bad also show miracles. 
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1509 on: January 03, 2011, 02:14:42 AM »

Lord comes in Human form to preach and uplift the human souls

The Lord is giving experience to us in every walk of life about His existence. But, such experiences become weak in course of time due to the petty minds of the human beings.  The human mind always takes logic and interprets such experiences as mere accidental situations.  Therefore the faith of the theists is not strong.  The human preachers are unable to answer the doubts of these human beings and this further weakens the faith.  Therefore, the Lord comes down in the form of a human being as the divine preacher.

Thus, there is a bare neccesity for such incarnation.  Veda says ‘Yat Saakshat Aparokshat Brahma’, which means that Brahman comes down before the eyes of the human beings.  Gita also says ‘Maanusheem Tanumaasritam’ which means that Brahman comes down as a human being.  But the human body follows the rules of the nature and is not different from any other human body.  The shirt of a king is not different from any other shirt.  It can be cut with the help of a blade like any other shirt.  The speciality is in the king but not in the shirt.  If the Lord wishes, He could take the human body, which has neither birth nor death.  It can be a divine body, which appears before all the human beings at different places and preaches, in different languages in the sametime.  But, such creation of divine body means that the Lord is going beyond the rules of the nature, which are created by the Lord only.  The Lord has such divine power, which can go beyond this nature.

Such divine power is called ‘Maya’ and the Lord who is the possessor of such Maya is called ‘Mayee’ as said in Gita “Mayinam tu Maheswaram”.  But no sensible administrator will break his own rules when a work is possible within the set up of the administration.  There is no need of doing that work by breaking the adminstration.  The Lord can achieve the same result by taking several human bodies at a time and from generation to generation.  In such way, the administration is not interferred.  Therefore, the Lord comes in several human incarnations at a time in each generation and the Viswarupa represents this.  In Gita, the prayer on the Viswarupa mentions about several feet, faces and also several stomaches (Aneka Baahoodara Vaktra Netram).  Therefore, the present picture of Viswarupa is wrong.

It means only the photo of a group of preachers existing at the same time.    The word “Udara” (stomach) is not justified in the present picture of ‘Viswarupam’, which is again another mis-perception leading to misinterpretation. 

Therefore, it is very very clear that Datta means only the human incarnation that came down to preach the true divine knowledge.  But, due to natural egoism and jealousy the human beings do not recognize the Lord in the form of a human being.  Only very few believed Krishna as Lord.  Only very few believed Shirdi Sai Baba as God.  When Sai was alive there were few devotees only and no body thought of a temple for Him.  Even Butee wanted to build a temple for Krishna only who was a past incarnation.  Now there are millions of devotees and lakhs of temples for Sai baba because He is no more a present incarnation.  He who wins over the three types of egoism caused by the three qualities (Trigunas) is called as ‘Atri’.  He who conquerred jealousy (Asuya) is ‘Anasuya’.  Such a devotee only can capture the human incarnation.  This is the sense of the statement that Atri and Anasuya attained Datta.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1510 on: January 03, 2011, 04:19:05 AM »

You are now wasting your time...
Oh, the irony.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1511 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:26 AM »

You are now wasting your time...
Oh, the irony.

Realization of Truth on Death Bed
The effort in achieving the grace of the Lord is the most important goal of human life. This point will be realized when the human being is in the last minute of this life cycle because at that time of juncture, the upper world starts appearing practically to the eyes through the arrived messengers of Lord. Unfortunately there will be no time for spiritual effort at that juncture, even though realization comes.

Lord Jesus told me the following two verses  and asked me to memorise these two verses ten times a day so that the mind will be fixed on God. The first verse means ‘At the time of death the last knowledge dawns to the mind by which the human being realizes that for those whom he has spent his energy and lifetime, are unable to protect him from that moment onwards. The Lord who can protect is not arriving then because no time and energy was spent for Him’. The second verse means ‘When the time was there, this realization did not come and when the realization came, there is no time. By this the human being undergoes silent suffering, which is the agony’. Lord told me that every human being will be given this last knowledge and this agony in the last couple of moments. I started remembering these verses every day ten times and the result of their memory is this wonderful divine knowledge.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #1512 on: January 03, 2011, 04:46:47 AM »

Good grief, y'all!!  34 pages??  For what?  I ain't seen one mind changed in this "exchange".  What a waste of time, resources and bandwidth.   Roll Eyes   

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1513 on: January 03, 2011, 05:11:53 AM »

So, everything you're trying to tell us now, we will all understand in our final moments anyway?  Without effort?
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1514 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:35 AM »

You should not embarrass God by foolish statements even though they are true
Uhh...  What?
Oh, and maybe you missed it, but uhh... what?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1515 on: January 03, 2011, 05:29:15 AM »

So, everything you're trying to tell us now, we will all understand in our final moments anyway?  Without effort?

You will not able to practice anything because at the final moment it is like you have shown one the screen, the truth and the what you have done so far also. In which your will undergo tremendous agony since you have not practically served God in the world, and you served only your family and other things, but they are not going to help you.

The God who is supposed to help you is not coming since you have not served Him. This way you will undergo tremedous agony......

Thus when you are alive in this world now, make use of your time in atleast theoretically learn the divine knowledge.......

God alone can help you. Your relatives cannot. Every moment in this world is very preciouis and judeciouisly you have to use the time in maximising the service to God.......
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1516 on: January 03, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »

You should not embarrass God by foolish statements even though they are true
Uhh...  What?
Oh, and maybe you missed it, but uhh... what?

Whenever, you pray the Lord, be careful about the meaning of the prayer. You must utter that only, which you can really practice. In the prayer you say that the Lord is every thing for you. You cannot practice this. You cannot prove this as long as the Lord remains formless or in the energetic form or as the statue. But when the Lord comes in the human form and asks you to sacrifice a little for His sake, you will go back. For this inconvenience only you deny the human form.

You like the statue or formless aspect of or energetic form of God because they cannot ask you for any proof of your prayer. You want that God should believe your prayer and should blindly sanction whatever you ask. You think that God is innocent and should believe whatever you say without any practical proof or test. This is the main reason for the denial of human form of God. When you offer the food to the Lord, the formless God or the energetic form or the statue will not take even a single particle of your offered food. But if you offer the same food to the human form, you will not get back a single particle to eat.

This is the reason for denying the human form of the Lord. First you must be sure of the extent of value you give to God. Then, you must be sure of the extent of your faith when you meet the human incarnation and in recognizing Him as the Lord. If you have full value for the Lord and if you recognize the human incarnation, the full value to God must be proved practically in the case of that human incarnation. If you have full value for God but do not recognize the human incarnation, then there is no opportunity for you to prove your full faith to God. In such case your full value to God is false and you are Hippocratic.

Jesus gave full value to God and sacrificed His life for the sake of God. In the end He told the Lord that His will should be done. When He accepted the will of God to be done, He did not feel adversely in the crucification. Since the crucification was the will of the Lord He followed it sincerely because He told that His will must be done. Therefore, whatever is told must be practiced. During crucification He never asked the Lord to protect Him and stop the crucification. If He had asked for it, it would have been stopped immediately by the miraculous power of the God. Therefore, unless you have the determination of practice you should not utter any thing before the Lord.

Once you utter you must follow it at least in the case of the Lord. Most of our prayers are lies only and even one percent cannot be practiced. By doing such false prayers one invokes the anger of the Lord only and not the grace of the Lord. Whatever value you have for the God should be proved in practice and such value only should be mentioned in your words while praying the Lord. Whatever, little love you have for God, mention that much only in words. The God will not be displeased for your little love. In fact He is more pleased because you are telling truth before Him. There are some people who call every greater human being as the Lord. The purpose of such usage is only to have some benefit from that greater human being. Thus, the word Lord has become means to achieve the selfish ends in the hands of clever materialistic people. The false human incarnations may be trapped by such clever people. But the real human incarnation will get reversed.

Dattaswami,

In case you have forgotten, it is forum policy that you must provide an link to wherever it is you are copying and pasting these treatises from. I understand you are getting them from your website, that is not the point. The point is we have requested that you provide a direct link for each article/discourse that you post, each time you post one. Not just a page of links, or a link to your website (you aren't even doing that) but for example this discourse comes from such and such a page on your website, you must post a direct link to THAT particular discourse within the body of your post. The same goes for all of your discourses that you are posting here. Maybe I am just not communicating the request very well, I do not know. However this needs to be done. We have been more than generous in giving you time to do this but enough is enough. If you've forgotten that is fine, but it needs to be done. I don't care if you only quote 4 sentences from your website, you still need to post the link to the page that contains the discourse that you are quoting. The Moderator team has discussed this and this is the request. If I'm not making my request clear, or if you feel this is unfair please PM Fr. George.

Northern Pines, Religious Topics Forum Moderator

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:12:48 PM by NorthernPines » Logged
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1517 on: January 03, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »

The false human incarnations may be trapped by such clever people.
How can we identify these false human incarnations?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1518 on: January 03, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »

The false human incarnations may be trapped by such clever people.
How can we identify these false human incarnations?

In the word Satguru (Lord in human form), the prefix ‘Sat’ means truth. A Satguru always preaches the truth. Truth is always harsh and is not liked by several people. Therefore a Satguru will have only very few disciples. A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to the Lord. People will not like this. He also says that the path with flowers leads to hell. People will not be happy with this preaching. A Guru preaches which several people like. The Guru says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path. Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers giving happiness. Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell. This argument is very attractive.

Several people will like this and will become the followers of Guru. Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina because his argument is pleasant. But a Satguru says that the path with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned money. Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to the Lord. The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your family and money which gives you lot of happiness. Such path leads to the hell.

Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples. A Satguru will never worry about the number of the disciples and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina. Even if a single disciple is available He is happy. Majority always goes to hell. Only one in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord. Diamonds are always in minority. Gravel stones are in majority. Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples.

When you are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a king. The foolish king may give some gift to the poet. But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise. When you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are getting the happiness and peace immediately. You have achieved the fruit. The Lord will not give another fruit for these things. When you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord will give the real gift to you. When you are working in the field for the owner, doing the work pains you. The owner will pay money for your work. Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will never give any gift.

You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in your hand. Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet? When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you. A Satguru teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to the Lord. Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike). If you ask the payment by prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only. He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you. But when you are sacrificing the sweet to the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord rewards you from His pocket. Therefore the true path leading to the Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc., The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #1519 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1520 on: January 03, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »

So how many devotee's are you drawing these days, datta?
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1521 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:17 PM »

In the previous ages the people were with high spiritual standard. There was no much need preaching the divine knowledge. Even if there was a small necessity, the servants and disciples of Lord Datta used to come as human incarnation. They could solve the minor problems and used to leave the world. But today the situation is completely different. The spiritual standard has fallen. Generally, when the standard falls the people become ignorant. It is easy to teach the ignorant person and a scholar. Therefore in the present situation, if the people were simply ignorant, it would have been very easy to preach them. But today the spiritual standard is less and the people have become very very intelligent.

The meaning of Veda is twisted to suit their convenience. At the same time they want the highest result. For Ex: Geeta says that the fruit of the work should be sacrifice (Karmajam Bhudhi Yuktahi Phalam Tyaktva) and says further that if one sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work, he can easily sacrifice the fruit of the work. The reason for not sacrificing the fruit of the work was found to be the one desiring for the fruit of the work.

Therefore desire for the fruit of the work is to be sacrificed so that one can sacrifice the fruit of the work easily. But the people have taken the essence of Geeta as the sacrifice of the desire of the fruit of the work and not the sacrifice of the fruit of the work. Thus Geeta is misinterpreted and the sacrifice of fruit of work is buried because it is not convenient due to their love on their families and greediness. One sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work and enjoys the fruit of the work. He says that he will get salvation because he followed Geeta. Similarly Veda says that one can attain by the salvation by the sacrifice of money (Dhanena Tyagena). But people have introduced the word ‘na’ which means no before the word ‘Dhanena’.

Veda is twisted and a wrong meaning is extracted like this: One cannot attain the Lord by earning, enjoying and sacrifice of money. This led to the inaction. People have become lazy and do not work to earn the money. They started depending on others claiming themselves as saints. Like this real meaning of Veda was twisted in a wrong path was established. People have become very talented in creating such twisted meanings.

Thus in Kaliyuga people are not ignorant, but they have become over intelligent. The development of science also made them to analyze the spiritual concepts with opposing tendency. Scientists have become atheists forgetting that science is also a divine knowledge given by the Lord called as ‘Pravrutti’. Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord Datta can clear the situation. The ‘Satguru’ Himself has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. This is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming down to this world in human form in the present age.

The link:
 http://www.esnips.com/doc/76b372e0-6a84-4061-80a6-a35ae4c2cd66/Divine-Discourses-Vol-1
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:46:11 PM by dattaswami » Logged
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1522 on: January 03, 2011, 11:02:01 PM »

In the previous ages the people were with high spiritual standard. There was no much need preaching the divine knowledge. Even if there was a small necessity, the servants and disciples of Lord Datta used to come as human incarnation. They could solve the minor problems and used to leave the world. But today the situation is completely different. The spiritual standard has fallen. Generally, when the standard falls the people become ignorant. It is easy to teach the ignorant person and a scholar. Therefore in the present situation, if the people were simply ignorant, it would have been very easy to preach them. But today the spiritual standard is less and the people have become very very intelligent.

The meaning of Veda is twisted to suit their convenience. At the same time they want the highest result. For Ex: Geeta says that the fruit of the work should be sacrifice (Karmajam Bhudhi Yuktahi Phalam Tyaktva) and says further that if one sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work, he can easily sacrifice the fruit of the work. The reason for not sacrificing the fruit of the work was found to be the one desiring for the fruit of the work.

Therefore desire for the fruit of the work is to be sacrificed so that one can sacrifice the fruit of the work easily. But the people have taken the essence of Geeta as the sacrifice of the desire of the fruit of the work and not the sacrifice of the fruit of the work. Thus Geeta is misinterpreted and the sacrifice of fruit of work is buried because it is not convenient due to their love on their families and greediness. One sacrifices the desire for the fruit of the work and enjoys the fruit of the work. He says that he will get salvation because he followed Geeta. Similarly Veda says that one can attain by the salvation by the sacrifice of money (Dhanena Tyagena). But people have introduced the word ‘na’ which means no before the word ‘Dhanena’.

Veda is twisted and a wrong meaning is extracted like this: One cannot attain the Lord by earning, enjoying and sacrifice of money. This led to the inaction. People have become lazy and do not work to earn the money. They started depending on others claiming themselves as saints. Like this real meaning of Veda was twisted in a wrong path was established. People have become very talented in creating such twisted meanings.

Thus in Kaliyuga people are not ignorant, but they have become over intelligent. The development of science also made them to analyze the spiritual concepts with opposing tendency. Scientists have become atheists forgetting that science is also a divine knowledge given by the Lord called as ‘Pravrutti’. Under such circumstances nobody else than the Lord Datta can clear the situation. The ‘Satguru’ Himself has to come down who is the Lord in the human form. This is the reason why Lord Datta Himself started coming down to this world in human form in the present age.

The link:
 http://www.esnips.com/doc/76b372e0-6a84-4061-80a6-a35ae4c2cd66/Divine-Discourses-Vol-1

So in other words you don't have any followers because modern people aren't ignorant enough. Got it.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Father Theodor Micka

« Reply #1523 on: January 04, 2011, 12:26:36 AM »

The link:

So in other words you don't have any followers because modern people aren't ignorant enough. Got it.
Or, he bored them all to death.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1524 on: January 04, 2011, 01:29:04 AM »

The link:

God will not force any body to follow Him just like that. He is not a politican to do that. He is no need of any followers! Only human beings are interested in getting followers and fame and name etc. God do not need such cheap things. He preaches the divine knowledge, and give the decision making to the devotees to whether to follow the knowledge or not.

It is for the benefit of the devotees only. God is not going to gain anything by this. Infact , when a person become a real devotee and really start practically loving Him, then God in human form has to clear the debts of such real devotee by carrying the sins on Him and suffer for the salvation of such real devotees. Thus if you see that way, God suffers for the real devotees only and God is not going to gain anything from any body.....

You have no real love on God hence you treat God in human form as an ordinary humanbeing only!!!

You have to improve your devotion on God by analysing the divine knowledge and calrifying the doubts properly....
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1525 on: January 04, 2011, 01:42:19 AM »

You're full of advice for us, datta - yet you don't seem interested in having even a basic conversation with us.  Not very Godlike IMHO.

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1526 on: January 04, 2011, 02:01:20 AM »

You have no real love on God hence you treat God in human form as an ordinary humanbeing only!!!

You have to improve your devotion on God by analysing the divine knowledge and calrifying the doubts properly....

Perhaps the next incarnation will be provided with a spell-checker...may be helpful for attracting more devotee's... Roll Eyes
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #1527 on: January 04, 2011, 02:03:13 AM »

God will not force any body to follow Him just like that. He is not a politican to do that. He is no need of any followers!

I'm echoing theistgal's views here ... You haven't bothered to discuss anything with us other than quoting from your esnips.com website.

After all, this is a

DISCUSSION FORUM

and your complete failure to engage us in discussion could result in adverse consequences....
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1528 on: January 04, 2011, 02:15:01 AM »

God will not force any body to follow Him just like that. He is not a politican to do that. He is no need of any followers!

I'm echoing theistgal's views here ... You haven't bothered to discuss anything with us other than quoting from your esnips.com website.

After all, this is a

DISCUSSION FORUM

and your complete failure to engage us in discussion could result in adverse consequences....

You also should understand that this is a discussion forum and should discuss on the topic i am posting here. Instead of this you are not interested and taking this as a time pass and as a hobby and not discussing relevant things which are supposed to discuss.

I have tried my level best to answer all of you here. Unforuntately your interest is not on divine knowledge but on other than divine knowledge topics! So i request you all to focus on the topic and let us have a very good discussion....
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #1529 on: January 04, 2011, 02:25:34 AM »

After all, this is a

DISCUSSION FORUM

You also should understand that this is a discussion forum and should discuss on the topic i am posting here.

Finally ... a response ...   Grin

But you're here to preach to us; not to discuss things with us.  Have you noticed in this huge thread that most of our posts are derisive because most of us aren't interested in discussing your views on "universal spirituality."  This is an Orthodox Christian forum; We are here to discuss Orthodox Christianity or (in the alternative) how Orthodox Christianity relates to the world like Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholics, Muslims, Protestants, Atheists, Agnostics, et al.

Instead of this you are not interested and taking this as a time pass and as a hobby and not discussing relevant things which are supposed to discuss.

But we're not interested in discussing your "universal spirituality" from your point of view.  We use the praxis (practice) of Orthodox Christianity to debunk what you cut and paste here.  It's like me saying that the Tata Nano is faster than a Ferrari and everyone else is mocking me for making such a false assertion.

I have tried my level best to answer all of you here. Unforuntately your interest is not on divine knowledge but on other than divine knowledge topics! So i request you all to focus on the topic and let us have a very good discussion....

I don't think you've found that here.  There is probably zero connection between Orthodox Christianity and your teachings on divine knowledge.  I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  Forgive me.   angel
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: