OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 03:11:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemous and Heretical Musings of a Self-Styled Deity Claiming Unity of Belief Between Christianity and Hinduism  (Read 86502 times) Average Rating: 0
SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1440 on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:03 PM »

A total waste of bandwidth.

Some people are not interested in spiritual knowledge! What to do?

Watch American Football?

Take up crochet?

Learn Origami and teach it to young children?

Count sheep or count cars?

Read the Manhattan White Pages?

Count blades of grass in Central Park.
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Bulgarian Diocese

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1441 on: December 29, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »

Watch American Football?

Take up crochet?

Count blades of grass in Central Park.
Yes!!  Grin

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

"God became man so that man might become a god." ~St. Athanasius the Great

Poster formerly known as EVOO.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1442 on: December 29, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »

My opinion of the BCS is equally as low as my opinion towards the OP.
Ouch.  I'd say that's hitting below the belt, but that's the wrong sport, and I don't want anyone here accusing me of mixing my metaphors.  This is, um..., a Block in the Back?  Clipping?  Offside?  Unsportsmanlike conduct?

It hurts.  It really hurts.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1443 on: December 29, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »

My opinion of the BCS is equally as low as my opinion towards the OP's reinterpretations of Buddhism/Hinduism.
Ouch.  I'd say that's hitting below the belt, but that's the wrong sport, and I don't want anyone here accusing me of mixing my metaphors.  This is, um..., a Block in the Back?  Clipping?  Offside?  Unsportsmanlike conduct?

It hurts.  It really hurts.

Hopefully the blue text clarifies what I feel about this thread and not a reflection on the OP.   angel
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1444 on: December 29, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »

Hopefully the blue text clarifies what I feel about this thread and not a reflection on the OP.
Fancy fontwork might remove the pain, but it can't erase the memory of the pain.  The damage is done.  To quote the spamster, "The knowledge and devotion are the two parts of the theory."  That pretty well says it all, don't you think?
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1445 on: December 29, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

Hopefully the blue text clarifies what I feel about this thread and not a reflection on the OP.
Fancy fontwork might remove the pain, but it can't erase the memory of the pain.  The damage is done.  To quote the spamster, "The knowledge and devotion are the two parts of the theory."  That pretty well says it all, don't you think?

That was good....   Smiley
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1446 on: December 29, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »

That was good....   Smiley
Ah, flattery will get you everywhere.  However, I cannot take credit.  That is owed to the spamster himself -- my true inspiration in things random and incomprehensible.

Our hats are off to you, sir.  In these matters, I think we can all agree, we are unworthy.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1447 on: December 29, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »

Watch American Football?

Take up crochet?

That would be infinitely more interesting than reading dattaspammi's nonsense.  Can you lend me a copy?  Wink

In general people get boring when divine knowledge is discussed. If they were to discuss about actors, politicians and some books then they will spend hours and hours. The underlying reason behind this is that these people do not have any love on God. They approach God for fulfilling their personal needs and consider God as a means to get blessings. Such people are not real devotees of God. They have no interest on His divine knowledge, analysing it and clearing the doubts etc. They treat spirituality as a hobby and God as a means for meeting their selfish ends. Such people are not His poeple. 'His Poeple' are those who love God and prepared to sacrifice anything or anybody for Him, like those poor fishermen.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:43:21 PM by dattaswami » Logged
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1448 on: December 29, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »

Knowledge is overrated, datta...
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1449 on: December 30, 2010, 01:33:36 AM »

In general people get boring when divine knowledge is discussed. If they were to discuss about actors, politicians and some books then they will spend hours and hours. The underlying reason behind this is that these people do not have any love on God. They approach God for fulfilling their personal needs and consider God as a means to get blessings. Such people are not real devotees of God. They have no interest on His divine knowledge, analysing it and clearing the doubts etc. They treat spirituality as a hobby and God as a means for meeting their selfish ends. Such people are not His poeple. 'His Poeple' are those who love God and prepared to sacrifice anything or anybody for Him, like those poor fishermen.

Joel Osteen has published a number of books on the Prosperity Gospel.

You and Maitreya have published .... zero books on anything ... other than www.shareintl.org website (Yawn!)

OK, back to counting blades of grass in Central Park ... 17,345 ... 17,346 ... 17,347 ... 17,348 ... 17,433 ... 17,434 ... 17,435
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #1450 on: December 30, 2010, 01:40:24 AM »

OK, back to counting blades of grass in Central Park ... 17,345 ... 17,346 ... 17,347 ... 17,348 ... 17,433 ... 17,434 ... 17,435

I'm totally jealous... Grin
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1451 on: December 30, 2010, 02:55:24 AM »

Knowledge is overrated, datta...

God  help only deserving

Some praise the Lord as the kindest, who protects even the sinners and thus they say that Lord helps even the undeserving.  If it is so, there is no place of punishment for the sins. Every sinner should be saved by the Lord and then the cycle of deeds becomes meaningless and invalid. Actually, this statement is made by deserving devotees, who project themselves as undeserving due to their submissive character and lack of ego. By this statement, one should not misunderstand that really God helps the undeserving due to His boundless compassion.

His kindness is always seen in His constant efforts to preach all the souls to uplift them from doing sins and to make them deserving through high devotion. A teacher always helps every student to read and understand the knowledge, but he will not help any student in the examination by giving answers secretly. The kindness of teacher is appreciated in his interest to teach every student but he is not appreciated in helping the students through unfair means.

Generally, people pray God to remove their difficulties. They do not know that by doing so, God has to interfere in His own cycle of administration. By doing so, God has to insult the deity of justice and this deity was appointed by God Himself to run the administration without any partiality. Having ordered so, God Himself will not show partiality on anybody under any circumstances. God will not contradict His own policy. If any administrator in this world contradicts his own policy, he is certified as a mad fellow certainly. Of course, if a particular soul is in the climax of devotion to God, passing all the acid tests of Datta, God will over rule His own policy as in the case of Markandeya.

In fact, God even killed the deity of justice (Yamadharma Raja) in such special case. Without analyzing its own status in the devotion, every soul prays God to violate the rule of justice and insult the deity of justice. Even though such insult is not mentioned directly in the prayer, the prayer means the same indirectly. Lord Krishna gave life to the dead son of Sandeepani and this was extreme case since the dead body was also destroyed long back. Sandeepani was such a deserving person. Quoting this, Subhadra, the sister of Lord Krishna, prayed the Lord to give life to her dead son and the dead body was immediately available. But Lord did not give life to the dead body. Subhadra did not analyze the difference in the deservingness between her and Sandeepani. She thought that she deserves more than even Sandeepani, since she was the sister of Lord.
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #1452 on: December 30, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »

God  help only deserving

Nonsense - NONE of us "deserves" God's help.  It's all grace.

Where in the world did you learn about Christianity, dattaspammi?  Couldn't have been from actual Christians.  Roll Eyes

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1453 on: December 30, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »

"The rain it raineth every day
Upon the just and unjust fella,
But more upon the just because
The unjust hath the just's umbrella."
 Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:25:35 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #1454 on: December 30, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »

"The rain it raineth every day
Upon the just and unjust fella,
But more upon the just because
The unjust hath the just's umbrella."
 Wink

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Most poems rhyme...
except this one.  Wink

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1455 on: December 30, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »

Petals of the mountain rose
Fall now and then,
To the sound of the waterfall? - Basho

Smiley

(you know, poetry games have been very popular at times.)

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #1456 on: December 30, 2010, 02:11:53 PM »

Poetry games
are popular at times
but I can never
think of any rhymes.

podkarpatska
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #1457 on: December 30, 2010, 03:52:06 PM »

I'm totally jealous... Grin

I think that you have to count snowflakes this year. 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8..9...1...
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1458 on: December 30, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »

30 cm as for now
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:05:55 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1459 on: December 30, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »

Joel Osteen has published a number of books on the Prosperity Gospel.

You and Maitreya have published .... zero books on anything ... other than www.shareintl.org website (Yawn!)

LOL

“When I have a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1460 on: December 30, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »

God  help only deserving

Where in the world did you learn about Christianity, dattaspammi?  Couldn't have been from actual Christians.  Roll Eyes

Knowledge of God is non-sense for ignorant unmatured devotees. They have no love on God and judge God based on their ignorance!

‘God cannot help the undeserving’. Why it is so?

The meaning of the statement is that if God excuses everybody irrespective of one’s acts, then every soul will do deeds, which are prohibited and undesirable. This makes God ineffective, partial and irresponsible. God is impartial. If somebody is punished for no reason also, how can it be tolerated? Punishment is only for transformation and it is as per the deeds committed by the souls. If the punishments are not there, then there is no need of mentioning ‘Liquid Fire’ in scriptures.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1461 on: December 30, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »

God  help only deserving

Nonsense - NONE of us "deserves" God's help.  It's all grace.

Where in the world did you learn about Christianity, dattaspammi?  Couldn't have been from actual Christians.  Roll Eyes

Please be careful before God

Whenever, you pray the Lord, be careful about the meaning of the prayer. You must utter that only, which you can really practice. In the prayer you say that the Lord is every thing for you. You cannot practice this. You cannot prove this as long as the Lord remains formless or in the energetic form or as the statue. But when the Lord comes in the human form and asks you to sacrifice a little for His sake, you will go back.

For this inconvenience only you deny the human form. You like the statue or formless aspect of or energetic form of God because they cannot ask you for any proof of your prayer. You want that God should believe your prayer and should blindly sanction whatever you ask. You think that God is innocent and should believe whatever you say without any practical proof or test. This is the main reason for the denial of human form of God.

When you offer the food to the Lord, the formless God or the energetic form or the statue will not take even a single particle of your offered food. But if you offer the same food to the human form, you will not get back a single particle to eat. This is the reason for denying the human form of the Lord. First you must be sure of the extent of value you give to God. Then, you must be sure of the extent of your faith when you meet the human incarnation and in recognizing Him as the Lord.

If you have full value for the Lord and if you recognize the human incarnation, the full value to God must be proved practically in the case of that human incarnation. If you have full value for God but do not recognize the human incarnation, then there is no opportunity for you to prove your full faith to God. In such case your full value to God is false and you are Hippocratic.

Jesus gave full value to God and sacrificed His life for the sake of God. In the end He told the Lord that His will should be done. When He accepted the will of God to be done, He did not feel adversely in the crucification. Since the crucification was the will of the Lord He followed it sincerely because He told that His will must be done. Therefore, whatever is told must be practiced. During crucification He never asked the Lord to protect Him and stop the crucification. If He had asked for it, it would have been stopped immediately by the miraculous power of the God. Therefore, unless you have the determination of practice you should not utter any thing before the Lord.

Once you utter you must follow it at least in the case of the Lord. Most of our prayers are lies only and even one percent cannot be practiced. By doing such false prayers one invokes the anger of the Lord only and not the grace of the Lord. Whatever value you have for the God should be proved in practice and such value only should be mentioned in your words while praying the Lord. Whatever, little love you have for God, mention that much only in words.

The God will not be displeased for your little love. In fact He is more pleased because you are telling truth before Him. There are some people who call every greater human being as the Lord. The purpose of such usage is only to have some benefit from that greater human being. Thus, the word Lord has become means to achieve the selfish ends in the hands of clever materialistic people. The false human incarnations may be trapped by such clever people. But the real human incarnation will get reversed.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:13:54 PM by dattaswami » Logged
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1462 on: December 30, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »

God  help only deserving

You cannot fool God by your tricks!!

Faith developed through prayers & songs using superpowers of God for solutions will not stand forever because God will not answer always for the prayers, songs & crying with tears. People become addicted for such ways.

Child weeps every time for chocolate, which is habituated for that path. Child intensifies process of weeping if chocolate is delayed! Initially child is attracted by chocolates to go to school for some days. Child has become young person but did not cross first standard of school, because child concentrated only on art of weeping to get chocolates.

Person became postgraduate & even a Ph.D. degree holder in course of begging & weeping for chocolates. Person became exceptional scholar & developed several talents in praising Lord, crying for Lord, singing & music on Lord, meditation & concentration on Lord with mind, chanting name for millions of times, writing name of Lord for millions of times, chanting some letters (Beejaksharas or mantras),& so on. These discoveries and developments are tremendous & as many as developments in Science & Technology!

Ofcourse, all these are good psychological ways of solutions in treating certain psycho-patients with fixed notions to give mental relief of stress & confidence. All these ways are good, if person is without aspiration of any fruit from God in return. Such love is real. But real love is expressed in terms of sacrifice of work & sacrifice of fruit of work as seen in case of your love on your children. If such practical expression exists, all above theoretical expression of love through words & mind can be associated as plate of meals (practical service to God) is associated with cup of drinking water.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1463 on: December 31, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »

Person became postgraduate & even a Ph.D. degree holder in course of begging & weeping for chocolates.
There are degrees in chocolate?  Sign me up!  I want to be a doctor of chocolate.   I want to be a doctor of chocolate!
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #1464 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:52 AM »

Person became postgraduate & even a Ph.D. degree holder in course of begging & weeping for chocolates.
There are degrees in chocolate?  Sign me up!  I want to be a doctor of chocolate.   I want to be a doctor of chocolate!

I know that Americans are obese but that's ridiculous! I would love to read the doctoral dissertation on the begging and weeping stuff! lol
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #1465 on: December 31, 2010, 12:47:42 PM »

"I have a Ph.D. in Chocolatology."

Yeah ... sounds good.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1466 on: December 31, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »

"I have a Ph.D. in Chocolatology."  Yeah ... sounds good.
The degree that not only sounds good; it tastes good, too!

(That's my recruiting slogan once I become chair of the chocolate dept.  I plan on putting my doctorate to good use.  I'm going into academia!)
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1467 on: December 31, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

"I have a Ph.D. in Chocolatology."  Yeah ... sounds good.
The degree that not only sounds good; it tastes good, too!

(That's my recruiting slogan once I become chair of the chocolate dept.  I plan on putting my doctorate to good use.  I'm going into academia!)
Chocolate goes better with macadamia, rather than academia.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1468 on: January 01, 2011, 02:27:36 AM »

There are degrees in chocolate?  Sign me up!  I want to be a doctor of chocolate.   I want to be a doctor of chocolate!

Service Without Aspiration

The highest stage is not to aspire for anything from the Lord. The Lord does everything according to His judgement and your deeds. When you desire something, it cannot bring any reaction in the Lord. Some devotees cry with a very loud voice and do several actions for help from the Lord. The crying too will not bring any trace of reaction in the Lord.
Draupadi cried for help from the Lord. The Lord did not respond because of her cries. Draupadi had torn her sari to apply a bandage to the finger of the Lord when it was cut. It was this deed that made the Lord to help her in her time of need. The Lord would have helped her even without her cries.

The Lord was watching the situation and was ready for the correct moment to act. The point of merit in the cry of Draupadi was that she believed Lord Krishna to be omnipresent and did not confine the Lord to His limited body. Therefore, she cried in the court itself, even though the Lord was in a far away place. Devotion to God without any aspiration is the best. The next middle level devotion is to believe that the Lord is omnipresent and pray at any place. The lower level of devotion is to try to inform the human incarnation personally. This is an insult to the Lord because you do not believe the Lord in human form is atleast omnipresent. If you think that the Lord is not omnipresent how can He help you as omnipotent?

The devotees who have firm faith in Me (Shri Dattaswami) as the human incarnation often phone Me and submit their requests for protection. I advise them not to do so. By telephoning, they limit Me to this human body only and thus I cannot become omnipresent. If I am not omnipresent, I cannot be omnipotent to help them. Above all this, the main point is whether the devotee requests for anything or not, the protection from the Lord comes only based on the selfless service offered by him to the Lord without aspiring for any fruit in return. When such service is absent, the Lord cannot do any help merely based on their requests or prayers and crying. Therefore, there is no need of prayer or request or crying to the Lord if selfless service is absent. There is also no need of prayer, request or crying to the Lord if selfless service is present. Therefore, a devotee should always concentrate on the selfless service to the Lord without aspiring for any fruit in return and the prayer should be only in the praise of the Lord and not for asking any boon or protection because even if you ask, there is not even a trace of use.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:28:58 AM by dattaswami » Logged
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1469 on: January 01, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »

Praying God to solve a problem is the most foolish path of ignorance
God optimize the sequence of fruits of deeds of a soul

God created this world with happiness and misery, which are alternating in the cycle like the plates in a moving wheel. God arranged the fruits of good and bad deeds in alternating manner even though good or bad deeds are done in a long sequence.  This reshuffled arrangement of happiness and misery resembles the sweet and hot dishes in the meals and also resembles to a cinema containing both scenes of happiness and tragedy in alternating manner.  Such system of alternating arrangement gives continuous entertainment not only to God but also to the individual soul.  Thus, the basic intention of the God is only to entertain Himself and also all the individual souls. Anything, either happiness or misery bores, if it is continuous.  Boring itself is misery.

If you have compelled God to give happiness continuously though your prayers and worship, God will drag the happiness from the future cycle as a premature fixed deposit with reduced interest and hands it over to you.  He will not give happiness to you if there is no balance of good deeds.  As the impartial judge, He will not give happiness to you if there is no good deed in your list.  Therefore, asking God for continuous happiness is the most foolish solution because it bores giving misery to you at the expense of good deeds.  You are purchasing the misery with your hard earned cash! Moreover, when all the good deeds are exhausted, you will have the continuous misery only in all your future births.  Therefore, praying God to solve a problem is the most foolish path of ignorance.

Such happiness attained is temporary. Hence, the permanent solution is only to learn to enjoy both good and bad results and attain continuous happiness without boring and this is the real bliss.  Bliss is the state of God, who is entertained with this world having alternating scenes of happiness and misery.  You have already learnt to be happy by enjoying the happiness.  Now through the spiritual knowledge and continuous practice, you learn to enjoy the misery also in equal way.  Now, your enjoyment becomes continuous without boring due to absence of single phase (happiness or misery) and you have attained the state of God which is possible though effort.  Now you can say that you are God because the maximum possible state of God is achieved (Matbhavamagatah..Gita).  Creation, Rule and Destruction of this world are impossible for any individual soul though any effort and hence these three capabilities are irrelevant to the spiritual effort. If you attain the aim, which is possible for attainment, it is certainly the full success and you can claim that you are God in the total sense of the possible achievement.

dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1470 on: January 01, 2011, 02:30:27 AM »

"I have a Ph.D. in Chocolatology."

Yeah ... sounds good.

Lord preaches according to the level of people

Do not bother that you are unable to practice the highest truth today itself. Atleast accept the truth in theory. That first step is sufficient. One day or other, either in this life, or in some future life (human life is assured for any one who tries constantly) you will succeed. If you accept theoretically, you have put your foot on the first step of right path. Journey and achievement of goal are inevitable. It is only a matter of time. But if you deny the truth even theoretically, you are in the wrong path. You want immediate fruit and so you want to lower the goal. You want to sleep at 8 PM and want to become IAS officer.

You want 40 marks as pass! You think that you can get the 40 marks and pass. But My dear friend! If you keep 40 marks as goal, you will get five or ten marks only! Actually 100 is distinction and 40 is a pass mark. But we have kept it as secret and say 100 marks is the pass, so that you will achieve 40 certainly while trying for 100. This is called as “Arthavada” (which means a statement created for a purpose) in the Veda. It means a spiritual secret like the business secret.

When you get five marks only and feel discouraged by seeing at 100 mark goal, then, in your case, to encourage you, we shall say that 40 marks is the pass-goal. Therefore, Acharyas know to close and open the secrecy of truth according to the condition of the student. In some context truth has to be opened and in some other context, truth has to be covered. This brought the difference in the preaching of the human incarnations, which was based on the difference in the stages of different people, they faced in their times. If you realize this practical problem you can easily realize that there is only one God in all the divine human incarnations.
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1471 on: January 01, 2011, 02:40:56 AM »

Lord preaches according to the level of people

Happy New Year!!

Too many people in NYC watching some ball drop; however, since datta continues into the New Year, so does my blades of grass count:

Counting blades of grass in Central Park ... 65,443 ... 65,444 ... 65,445 ... 65,446 ... 65,447 ... 65,448 ... 65,449
Agia Marina
Site Supporter
Elder

St. Marina of Antioch

« Reply #1472 on: January 01, 2011, 02:46:19 AM »

If life experience counts, I already have two PhD's in chocolate, and a Master's in truffles.

chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1473 on: January 01, 2011, 04:09:20 AM »

The devotees who have firm faith in Me (Shri Dattaswami) as the human incarnation often phone Me and submit their requests for protection. I advise them not to do so. By telephoning, they limit Me to this human body only and thus I cannot become omnipresent. If I am not omnipresent, I cannot be omnipotent to help them.
Why do their actions limit you?
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #1474 on: January 01, 2011, 04:52:34 AM »

Oh dear.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1475 on: January 01, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »

"At the age of 30, Swami became a professor in chemistry. Swami leads a simple life in Vijayawada, India. He is a professor in K. L. Engineering College, Vijayawada. He has published numerous original research papers in internationally acclaimed journals. He is a rare combination of a scientist and a spiritual genius. He is a strong proponent of a rational approach to spirituality. In His eyes, science and religion are not different. In fact, He says that a rationalist can easily be a spiritualist. Swami lives with His wife, Smt. Jayalakshmi Narasakumary. His three sons are named, Anjaneya, Veerabhadra and Vatsararushi. His youngest child is a daughter by the name of Hanumayamma. While living in the world, Swami, teaches Divine Knowledge to devotees and ordinary people."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:32:04 AM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1476 on: January 01, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »

The devotees who have firm faith in Me (Shri Dattaswami) as the human incarnation often phone Me and submit their requests for protection. I advise them not to do so. By telephoning, they limit Me to this human body only and thus I cannot become omnipresent. If I am not omnipresent, I cannot be omnipotent to help them.
Why do their actions limit you?

You should not embarrass God by foolish statements even though they are true

Govindabhagavatpada, the preacher of Shankara jumped from the top of hill announcing that if God is the author of Veda, he will be protected.  He was protected because his statement was from God.  If every fellow utters this and jumps from hill, he will die since the statement is from the devotee and not from God, even though the statement is true.

You should not embarrass God by such foolish statements even though they are true.  If God states through you, He will certainly act through miracle.  You are the best judge of the source of your statement since your inner consciousness knows the truth very well.  If the statement is from God, you will utter it forcibly and spontaneously.

Satan challenged Jesus to turn the stones into breads by the grace of God if God is really omnipotent.  Really God is omnipotent and God can turn the stones into breads in no time.  But Satan provoked Jesus to do the miracle and God is not involved in this issue directly.  Jesus replied to Satan stating that one should not test God through miracles.  Jesus did several miracles to change several human beings in to devotees. When the devotee deserves the miracle, it was done spontaneously.  Satan doesn’t deserve the miracle and God does not wish to do the miracle for the sake of Satan.  Jesus grasped the will of God and did not force God to do the miracle.  Even if He forces God will not do the miracle.  He acted as a devotee to preach this point to devotees.
dattaswami
High Elder

« Reply #1477 on: January 01, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »

"At the age of 30, Swami became a professor in chemistry. Swami leads a simple life in Vijayawada, India. He is a professor in K. L. Engineering College, Vijayawada. He has published numerous original research papers in internationally acclaimed journals. He is a rare combination of a scientist and a spiritual genius. He is a strong proponent of a rational approach to spirituality. In His eyes, science and religion are not different. In fact, He says that a rationalist can easily be a spiritualist. Swami lives with His wife, Smt. Jayalakshmi Narasakumary. His three sons are named, Anjaneya, Veerabhadra and Vatsararushi. His youngest child is a daughter by the name of Hanumayamma. While living in the world, Swami, teaches Divine Knowledge to devotees and ordinary people."

I am that Dattatreya

I am that Dattatreya born to – sage Atri and mother Anasuya.
I came down from Sahya hill – to establish true spiritual knowledge.
I correct the spiritual preachers, - hence, My students are very few.
In that generation I had only – one student that was Adi Shankara.
The reason is not due to – the high standard of My knowledge.

The only reason is that – My knowledge is the naked truth always.
Truth is not liked by many, - only Maya attracts the masses here.
The gravel stones are plenty, - only one Kohinoor Diamond.
A school-teacher has hundreds of – students surrounding him,
They are always fond of biscuits – and sweets always.
They always like miracles– to fulfill selfish desires.
They like to use God for them, - not to use themselves for God.
Arjuna used God for his work, - he has no temple at all here,
Hanuman used Himself for God’s work, – for Him many temples.

PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« Reply #1478 on: January 01, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »

I am that Dattatreya
You are filled with demons.
podkarpatska
Taxiarches

« Reply #1479 on: January 01, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »

If life experience counts, I already have two PhD's in chocolate, and a Master's in truffles.

Is the rumor true that you are in the running for the 2011 Wonka Prize for excellence in Chocolateering?
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #1480 on: January 01, 2011, 11:07:51 AM »

I am that Dattatreya
You are filled with demons.

"But from the ninth verse onwards, Swami started revealing the meanings of Sanskrit verses without any further teaching. This happened when Swami was seven years of age. The father was taken aback by the extraordinary talent of his seven-year-old son. However he was worried and thought that Swami was possessed by a 'Brahma Rakshasa', a ghost of a scholarly demon, and that as a result, Swami could suddenly expound the Sanskrit epic without any prior study. His father performed several rituals and the chanting of mantras (sacred hymns) so that Swami may get rid of the 'Brahma Rakshasa'. He had no idea of the divinity of his son. When Swami related this to His devotees, many years later, He jokingly said that His father did not know which ghost had possessed Him."

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1481 on: January 01, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »

Is the rumor true that you are in the running for the 2011 Wonka Prize for excellence in Chocolateering?
What!?  There's a 2011 Wonka Prize?  Hey, I realize I'm new to the chocolate discipline, but I should have known about this.  It's already 2011.  I should have been told.  This field is full of effete snobs who are more interested in preserving their own little chocolate empires than in welcoming the energetic energies of new newcomers.  I renounce the chocolate field.  I'm out.  I do not want s'more.  It's comical; in fact I'm now snickering.  The Global Chocolate Institute can kiss my tuition money goodbye.

Your loss, chocolate industry.  Your loss.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #1482 on: January 01, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »

You should not embarrass God by foolish statements even though they are true

Uhh...  What?
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #1483 on: January 01, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »

Should someone explain to Dattaswammi that finishing a doctoral program in a matter of months is impossible, and dissertations run to the order of hundreds of pages, not 30?

And as for his "numerous original research papers", isn't it interesting how I can't find his CV?
SolEX01
Merarches

« Reply #1484 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »

We don't know datta's real name, not that we really care.  We don't know if he's a professor at K L University in India?  He could be a NYC taxi driver for all we know.
Tags: please ignore this thread Blasphemy cheval mort 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: