OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 02:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serbs Going to Hell?  (Read 1550 times) Average Rating: 0
moronikos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ...and they were first called Christians in Antioch

I'm trying to think, but nothing happens!

« on: March 22, 2004, 01:01:08 AM »

I was visiting another establishment--think of a cafe and ROAChes where this Greek guy (by marriage) brought up the basic question if those who aren't visible members of the church can be saved.  One of the answers was basically an unmitigated "no".  Since the Serbs are outside of the church to the ROAChes and not perfect keepers of the canons like the ROAChes are so obviously, then the only conclusion is that the Serbs are...well, I don't want to go there.  Obviously there is no sadness displayed over at the cafe about the Serbs except by some Serbs and other graceless heretics of world orthodoxy.

Sorry, this has been building for several days.  Please pray for our brothers the Serbian Orthodox.

Edited to fix the plural of Serbs only--anastasios
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 01:13:26 AM by anastasios » Logged
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 11:32:50 AM »

I don't think you're a jerk, so I couldn't answer no.

Had to say, "I dunno," because there is no way I can judge any individual.

Obviously, I am not a member of ROAC.

I have problems with the ecumenical activities of some of our hierarchs, but I do not consider Serbian Orthodox to be outside of the Church.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
lellimore

OC.net

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 04:37:51 PM »

Would anyone mind putting up a bit of background about this?  I have to admit I'm not familiar with the issue.
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 05:55:57 PM »

lellimore...  lets just say that there are some people out there who think that if your not Orthodox, you pretty much have no chance at salvation.  There are many many branch-offs of Orthodoxy, and some, who have isolated themselves, and think that only their jurisdiction has grace, and so is the only one that is truely Orthodox, everyone else will probably just go straight ta hell... of course they add in a little clause that really, they don't know how God will judge them, but more than likely down they go...  in particular, ROAC seems to have quite a few of these people in it.  

Reminds me of a joke, that could be applied to Catholics, and Orthos like that.  When I heard, it was actually during Met. Vitaly's reign, and the rise of many of the isolationists in ROCOR, who many of which have either changed their spots or are in ROAC or ROCiE now.  

An ROAC Orthodox soul ends up before the Pearly Gates, and there stands St. Peter.  St. Peter says, "Arrighty, which part of heaven do you want?"  He points to the Christian demonotions, Methodists, Anglicans, etc....  Then he points at the Catholic section, then at the Orthodox, the MP, JP, SP, ROCOR, etc, all living peacefully together.  "Well, where do you wanna go?"  "Wait," says the soul, "where is the ROAC section?"  St. Peter walks over to a ladder, propped on a wall.   The soul & St. Peter climb up it, and look over to the other side.  There they saw the saved souls of ROAC.  "Why are they..." starts the soul...  "SHHHHH..." St. Peter clamps his hand over the soul's mouth. "They think their up here ALONE!"

Sorry if it's a bit disjointed, running out of the office in about 2 secs...

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 06:26:12 PM »

I also voted that I "dunno", as only God judges who goes to Hell and who doesn't.
lellimore

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 08:44:55 PM »

....now I'm really starting to sound stupid, what's ROAC? (I assume its some jurisdiction or another)
The young fogey
Warned
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 11:31:24 PM »

...what's ROAC?

Answer, Part I

Part II
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 02:30:11 AM by Serge » Logged

katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2004, 12:58:53 AM »

Serge, this situation is truly a sad thing.  Joe, if you are on this board, you are in my prayers.  I thank God that God's grace got through to Joe and showed him what he was really involved in.  I will keep the others in my prayers too that they will see the truth also.
Suzannah
A sinner

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2004, 11:14:38 AM »

That was the most evil thing I have read in awhile (the links re: ROAC in Colorado) It reminds me specifically of the LDS/Mormon church and their tactics.  How very sad!  Sad
JoeZollars
OC.net guru

Pray for me an unworthy sinner

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2004, 06:49:16 PM »

thank you for the prayers.

Joe Zollars

These posts no longer represent my beliefs and I in no way endorse their contents.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: