OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 02:09:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gay Jews have 'higher souls' than gentiles  (Read 689 times) Average Rating: 0
vorgos

Faith: Not enough

« on: January 02, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »

says deputy minister Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.566021

Homosexual Jews have "higher souls" than gentiles, gay or straight, the deputy minister for religious services told the Israeli daily Maariv in an article published on Friday.

Unfortunately no link to the original article where he made this quote and the paper is hebrew.

Sigh... Sad
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:37:20 PM »

Do you understand hebrew?

Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

Sigh, if you scratch around you will find all sorts of opinions on about anything. The good Rabbi has his opinion, and a 'superiority' complex to boot. Leave him to it, I would suggest.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 01:20:27 PM »

Sigh, if you scratch around you will find all sorts of opinions on about anything. The good Rabbi has his opinion, and a 'superiority' complex to boot. Leave him to it, I would suggest.
+1
The world would be a better place if this was heeded more frequently.  Smiley

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »

says deputy minister Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan

Another heblew.   Tongue Wink

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
vorgos

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:20:12 PM »

No. I suppose I could try google translate but I am too lazy atm.
vorgos

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 02:27:52 PM »

Sure, there are crazy/racist people everywhere. But this guy is a government official...!

I can just imagine the newspaper articles if a politician from a Christian nation was to say such a thing. It's just so bizarre, like something out of Nazi Germany!

Aren't Orthodox Jews supposedly the group with the highest birth rate in Israel? People fear the Muslims in the ME but I am wondering if it should be the Orthodox Jews... but that is for another thread.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »

No. I suppose I could try google translate but I am too lazy atm.

nvm
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:46:13 PM by J Michael » Logged

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »

What does that even mean, "higher souls"? What a nutcase.

J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »

The world is full of them.  Nutcases, that is  Grin.

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »

Even so, he would oppose any same-sex marriage bill, just as he would oppose marriage between a Jew and a gentile, said Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan, a member of the right-wing Habayit Hayehudi party
Why he's a homophobe and a RACIST!

Imagine if a Catholic/Orthodox priest said he's against marriage between a Christian and a Jew?

But when the good Rabbi states such nonsense, it's just him observing his "religion".

Different rulez for Jewz.........as usual. Roll Eyes

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »

The world is full of them.  Nutcases, that is  Grin.

But which countries actually vote these racist nutcases outside of Israeli Jews, French and Hungarians?

Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Warned
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

I can gurantee they don't have more "soul" than these peeps...... Grin

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:11:52 PM by Charles Martel » Logged

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:03 PM »

Even so, he would oppose any same-sex marriage bill, just as he would oppose marriage between a Jew and a gentile, said Rabbi Eli Ben Dahan, a member of the right-wing Habayit Hayehudi party
If practicing Judaism were limited to people of a particular ethnicity, then you would be correct. But it's not and you aren't.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »

Since New Years Day, there apparently are plenty of higher souls in the state of Colorado.
xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »

Sure, there are crazy/racist people everywhere. But this guy is a government official...!

I can just imagine the newspaper articles if a politician from a Christian nation was to say such a thing. It's just so bizarre, like something out of Nazi Germany!

Aren't Orthodox Jews supposedly the group with the highest birth rate in Israel? People fear the Muslims in the ME but I am wondering if it should be the Orthodox Jews... but that is for another thread.

Orthodox Jews in Israel are very extremist, I usually compare them to the Ayatollahs in Iran. Of course, I used to compare Mutran Atallah Hanna of the same thing before I started looking into Orthodoxy and left Christian Zionism.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:24:51 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

Since New Years Day, there apparently are plenty of higher souls in the state of Colorado.
Higher souls and hungry souls.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
vorgos

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 03:27:13 AM »

LOL
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »

I don't why this forum is so anti-Semitic. Once you get past the annoying ethnocentrism, Jews are a very hardworking people and they generally don't complain very much because they're used to being treated like crap. I actually don't mind them; they're good people IMO. More rational and sober minded than most other theists.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:43:07 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 03:51:16 AM »

I disagree that (all) Jews are Semites (by virtue of being Jews), but all the Jews I have known have been hard-working, decent people. Their coreligionists should definitely get out of Palestine and give up the dream of Jerusalem as the capital of their mythical Jewish state (whatever happened to Israel being secular? Hertzl envisioned Israel as a secular state, and he certainly wasn't the only Zionist of his time to think that way), but that says nothing about individual Jewish people.

I dunno. My mother was a Christian all her life, but her two best friends in the world were the mothers of two of our small town's only Jewish families. One of them would invite us over every year for their Passover meal, and let us come to their house out in the country and cut down one of their trees for a Christmas tree. Jews can be great people or terrible people, just like any people. The state of Israel is the problem.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 03:58:44 AM »

I disagree that (all) Jews are Semites (by virtue of being Jews), but all the Jews I have known have been hard-working, decent people. Their coreligionists should definitely get out of Palestine and give up the dream of Jerusalem as the capital of their mythical Jewish state (whatever happened to Israel being secular? Hertzl envisioned Israel as a secular state, and he certainly wasn't the only Zionist of his time to think that way), but that says nothing about individual Jewish people.

I dunno. My mother was a Christian all her life, but her two best friends in the world were the mothers of two of our small town's only Jewish families. One of them would invite us over every year for their Passover meal, and let us come to their house out in the country and cut down one of their trees for a Christmas tree. Jews can be great people or terrible people, just like any people. The state of Israel is the problem.

Is Israel really any worse than the countless European empires that forcibly colonized land that didn't belongs to them or America invading Iraq and screwing the place up? I don't get how any Westerner could complain about Israel given what we've done...

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 04:57:32 AM »

I complained about Iraq, too. Heck, I still complain about Iraq's (Mesopotamia's/Beth Nahrain's) invasion by the Muslim Arabs. The key, though, is that Iraq is not my country. By contrast, Palestine is the country of large numbers of the people who complain about it (e.g., Palestinians, progressive Israelis, etc). All I'm essentially doing is agreeing with them, and disagreeing with the fake "Israel" that was planted on top of them by the Zionists, no differently than I do about "Islamic Egypt" (boo!), "Iraq", "Turkey", etc. Basically, most modern states are built on top of some preexisting peoples and cultures, and if those people would like their land back, who am I to tell them they can't have it? Also, regarding Israel: I don't believe in Jewish ethnicity, nor Judaism as a religion, nor the necessity of a "Jewish state", so what positive things am I supposed to think about Israel?

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 08:20:23 AM »

I don't why this forum is so anti-Semitic.

On what basis do you make that claim?

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »

Imagine if a Catholic/Orthodox priest said he's against marriage between a Christian and a Jew?

It's done all the time. Your point?

I don't believe in Jewish ethnicity, nor Judaism as a religion, nor the necessity of a "Jewish state", so what positive things am I supposed to think about Israel?

Hm....
vorgos

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »

I don't why this forum is so anti-Semitic.

On what basis do you make that claim?

Yes, I was about to ask the same question...
vorgos

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2014, 11:58:12 AM »

I have no problem with Jews establishing a country in Palestine. Their faith, culture is linked to that place. I personally don't like how they are going about it...

Agreed. I worked for a Jewish migrant family, with some members lost to Auschwitz, for 10 years. I have no complains. Like you said, hard working.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »

If practicing Judaism were limited to people of a particular ethnicity, then you would be correct. But it's not and you aren't.

A Chabad Rabbi that I spoke with had something to say that, while not directly relevant, is interesting. When he was asked about Judaism receiving converts, he rather clearly said that any such people have Hebrew blood in their history whether they know it or not. Their conversion require they have it, and their desire to convert show they do. When asked if the hypothetical convert were to be a full-blooded Japanese, even they had Hebrew blood at some point.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 12:22:27 PM by Nephi » Logged
Santagranddad
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCA

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »

The term 'anti-semitism' is misleading and is used where the term 'Jew hating' would be both clearer and more accurate.

Having had my children come home Orthodox summer camp telling of tales  related by their Arab compatriots of relatives shot with hands bound by plastic handcuffs. This done by IDF and their SLA allies. So I do not regard the Israelis as 'innocents'. Nor have I forgotten the murders of our young men by Irgun terrorists. Of course when Arabs do exactly the same Israeli propaganda labels them as 'terrorist' and the Irgun as freedom fighters.

Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »

A Chabad Rabbi that I spoke with had something to say that, while not directly relevant, is interesting. When he was asked about Judaism receiving converts, he rather clearly said that any such people have Hebrew blood in their history whether they know it or not. Their conversion require they have it, and their desire to convert show they do. When asked if the hypothetical convert were to be a full-blooded Japanese, even they had Hebrew blood at some point.
I've heard something similar, but instead of the convert having some biological Jewish ancestry, the convert was said to have been spiritually present near Mt. Sinai when Moses asked the Hebrews if they would follow HaShem.

Deuteronomy 29:13-14, “I make this covenant, with its sanctions, not with you alone, but both with those who are standing here with us this day before the Lord our God and with those who are not with us here this day.”

Those "not with us" was then seen as referring to those not physically present, but present in their soul/spirit-form. All Jewish souls were at Mt. Sinai, but some of them -- now in their physical bodies -- are just now converting.

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Romaios
Archon

Jurisdiction: Romanian

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:31 PM »

I've heard something similar, but instead of the convert having some biological Jewish ancestry, the convert was said to have been spiritually present near Mt. Sinai when Moses asked the Hebrews if they would follow HaShem.

Deuteronomy 29:13-14, “I make this covenant, with its sanctions, not with you alone, but both with those who are standing here with us this day before the Lord our God and with those who are not with us here this day.”

Those "not with us" was then seen as referring to those not physically present, but present in their soul/spirit-form. All Jewish souls were at Mt. Sinai, but some of them -- now in their physical bodies -- are just now converting.

V. Divinum auxilium maneat semper nobiscum.

"May the divine help be always with us."

R. Et cum fratribus nostris absentibus. Amen.

"And with our absent brethren. Amen."

(Ending of Latin monastic Hours)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:45:43 PM by Romaios » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

Depends on whom you ask, doesn't it? Isn't the opinion of Orthodox Jewish authorities in Israel that one has to at least have a Jewish mother to be really a Jew? That it's not a thing one can convert to and all the sudden be considered really Jewish. It's not just a faith.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »

Is Israel really any worse than the countless European empires that forcibly colonized land that didn't belongs to them or America invading Iraq and screwing the place up? I don't get how any Westerner could complain about Israel given what we've done...

Well, Israel IS a Western colony.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Jetavan
Taxiarches

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

Depends on whom you ask, doesn't it? Isn't the opinion of Orthodox Jewish authorities in Israel that one has to at least have a Jewish mother to be really a Jew? That it's not a thing one can convert to and all the sudden be considered really Jewish. It's not just a faith.

"The State of Israel adopted the Orthodox conversion process as the official conversion, and this is acceptable to all different streams of Judaism. This Guide is designed to help familiarize you with the various stages that you or your family must undergo during the conversion process.
The conversion process consists of the five following steps:
1. Presenting documents and enrolling to conversion process
2. Judaism studies in a conversion course
3. Applying to a conversion court
4. A ceremony in the Rabbinical court which includes an immersion in a Mikveh (women and men) and performing a Brit Mila [circumcision: ouch!] (men).
5. Getting a conversion certificate and updating religion status in the Ministry of Interior.

Any person who successfully completes the conversion process then becomes a “Jew for all intents and purposes” and his status is identical to that of any other Jew, born to a Jewish mother. The process is irreversible and once you have been declared Jewish, you will not be able to convert back to your previous religion."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:48:11 PM by Jetavan » Logged

सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: