OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 07:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exploring questions of Faith  (Read 856 times) Average Rating: 0
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

The Dalai Lama guides you?  What is he like? He seems like a pretty cool dude, but I've never met him.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
WPM
Warned
Archon

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »

The Dalai Lama guides you?  What is he like? He seems like a pretty cool dude, but I've never met him.

The human characteristics of the Dalai Lama are expressed through news articles and teaching videos.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:15:40 AM by WPM » Logged
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2013, 11:24:35 AM »

The Dalai Lama guides you?  What is he like? He seems like a pretty cool dude, but I've never met him.

The human characteristics of the Dalai Lama are expressed through news articles and teaching videos.
Oh, I was confused.  You said you have to practice with an experienced teacher.  I thought you mean you actually practiced with him. Wouldn't it be easier to talk to a priest who actually provides personal feedback instead of an informational video?

WPM
Warned
Archon

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »

Oh, I was confused.  You said you have to practice with an experienced teacher.  I thought you mean you actually practiced with him. Wouldn't it be easier to talk to a priest who actually provides personal feedback instead of an informational video?

If the teacher can communicate to you while thousand miles away.  Smiley
TheTrisagion
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »

Are you saying you have a telekinetic link with the Dalai Lama? or you talk to him on the phone or via internet?

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

Not much different from trying to learn Orthodoxy through a book.

WPM
Warned
Archon

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »

Oh, I was confused.  You said you have to practice with an experienced teacher.  I thought you mean you actually practiced with him. Wouldn't it be easier to talk to a priest who actually provides personal feedback instead of an informational video?

If the teacher can communicate to you while thousand miles away.  Smiley
Are you saying you have a telekinetic link with the Dalai Lama? or you talk to him on the phone or via internet?

Its very close to face-to-face conversation and contact .. but not yet quite there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:27:16 PM by WPM » Logged
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »

The Dalai Lama guides you?  What is he like? He seems like a pretty cool dude, but I've never met him.

Its very close to face-to-face conversation and contact .. but not yet quite there.
so why don't you do the same with Christ, have that face-to-face conversation with Him. The Dalai Lama reached out to thousands, Christ reached out to billions before and after His time, both the living and the dead.  He left us the saints, the Church, the Bible, the sacraments for us to not only have a face-to-face guidance, but to actually be a part of Him, and to be One with His Father.  Is there any better mental clarity than to love and be loved by the Creator of all things?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:33:35 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
WPM
Warned
Archon

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »

so why don't you do the same with Christ, have that face-to-face conversation with Him. The Dalai Lama reached out to thousands, Christ reached out to billions before and after His time, both the living and the dead.  He left us the saints, the Church, the Bible, the sacraments for us to not only have a face-to-face guidance, but to actually be a part of Him, and to be One with His Father.  Is there any better mental clarity than to love and be loved by the Creator of all things?

Do you mean this Jesus? ...
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »

well... you will find that you seek.  if it is an image, image is all you will find. if it be the Truth... The Truth is Who you will find.

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 05:39:15 PM »

well... you will find that you seek.  if it is an image, image is all you will find. if it be the Truth... The Truth is Who you will find.
+1!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: