Author Topic: I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is b  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Anastasia1

• My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Armenian
I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is broken but I get pain and a very strong effect with Bengay type ointment. This affects how I sit after a while as I rammed my tailbone into a piece of furniture when it happened.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
    • Facebook
Lord, have mercy and heal thy servant!
I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen

Lord Grant You Swift Recovery....Amen
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
Lord, have mercy.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
Lord, have mercy!
Love never fails.

Offline Cymbyz

• Elder
I, likewise, had a fall a couple of weeks ago and hurt the ribs on my right side.  Most of the pain is gone by now, but I still can't sleep for long on my right side.

Lord, have mercy on our miserable aches and pains.
The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen

Offline Gamliel

• Archon
  • ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστον βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
Ouch.  LORD have mercy!

Online Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
Lord, have mercy.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline jnorm888

• Jnorm
  • Archon
  • Icon and Cross (international space station)
    • Ancient Christian Defender
Lord Have Mercy!
"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

Lord, have mercy!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
Lord have Mercy.

Offline Anastasia1

• OC.net guru
I, likewise, had a fall a couple of weeks ago and hurt the ribs on my right side.  Most of the pain is gone by now, but I still can't sleep for long on my right side.

Lord, have mercy on our miserable aches and pains.
Lord have mercy on you.
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)

Offline elijahmaria

• Taxiarches
    • Irenikin: The Skete
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is broken but I get pain and a very strong effect with Bengay type ointment. This affects how I sit after a while as I rammed my tailbone into a piece of furniture when it happened.

Dear one,

Perhaps you should have a doctor take a look...?  I had several falls like that in my life and I brushed them aside and did nothing when they happened, figuring I would know if I had done anything too terrible...right?

Well now I have five compressed vertebrae in my lower spine, sciatica and constant pain in back and legs and reduced mobility. 

We can pray for a healing but it might be wise to give our Lord some local help, and go to see a doctor.

M.

Offline Anastasia1

• OC.net guru
I saw a student health services doctor within a couple days of posting here. I explained that I did not have a sharp or acute pain, but an ache in certain positions and that Bengay helped. I then got a prescription for extra strength painkillers and a reference to an X-ray place where I could get one X-ray for $30 that would show if anything was broken, but there is not much that could be done if it is a broken bone. I see my regular doctor in a couple of weeks for a regular refill/checkup. I do not have insurance.

Offline Liz

• High Elder
I saw a student health services doctor within a couple days of posting here. I explained that I did not have a sharp or acute pain, but an ache in certain positions and that Bengay helped. I then got a prescription for extra strength painkillers and a reference to an X-ray place where I could get one X-ray for $30 that would show if anything was broken, but there is not much that could be done if it is a broken bone. I see my regular doctor in a couple of weeks for a regular refill/checkup. I do not have insurance.

Lord have mercy.

A broken/bruised bone there is very painful, and it is quite true there is nothing they can do if you really have broken it! I hope it gets better, and that if not, you're able to get to a doctor and find help.

Offline Anastasia1

• OC.net guru

Lord have mercy.

A broken/bruised bone there is very painful, and it is quite true there is nothing they can do if you really have broken it! I hope it gets better, and that if not, you're able to get to a doctor and find help.
I don't know if this is "quite" painful. Most of the time it is not painful and it is not a sharp pain. I have never otherwise broken a bone in my body, except a tooth, not that I am the most athletic person. My mom is convinced that because I have fibromyalgia-prone traits (she has fibromyalgia), that it must be or will turn into a myofacial trigger point or something.

Offline Anastasia1

• OC.net guru
I also have a strained elbow.

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
Re: I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything i
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

I'm going to need this.

Offline Anastasia1

• OC.net guru
I just saw my regular doctor for a check up and prescription refill. He wanted me to do x-rays to make sure the bone was healing in the right alignment. I'm praying nothing has to be manually/surgically re-aligned.