OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 09:45:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is b  (Read 955 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: October 23, 2010, 02:07:24 AM »

I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is broken but I get pain and a very strong effect with Bengay type ointment. This affects how I sit after a while as I rammed my tailbone into a piece of furniture when it happened.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 02:39:13 AM »

Lord, have mercy and heal thy servant!

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 03:54:34 AM »

Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen

Lord Grant You Swift Recovery....Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:24:06 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
Cymbyz
Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:29 PM »

I, likewise, had a fall a couple of weeks ago and hurt the ribs on my right side.  Most of the pain is gone by now, but I still can't sleep for long on my right side.

Lord, have mercy on our miserable aches and pains.

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »

Ouch.  LORD have mercy!
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »

Lord Have Mercy!

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »

I, likewise, had a fall a couple of weeks ago and hurt the ribs on my right side.  Most of the pain is gone by now, but I still can't sleep for long on my right side.

Lord, have mercy on our miserable aches and pains.
Lord have mercy on you.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »

I injured myself in a fall a week and a couple days ago. I doubt anything is broken but I get pain and a very strong effect with Bengay type ointment. This affects how I sit after a while as I rammed my tailbone into a piece of furniture when it happened.

Dear one,

Perhaps you should have a doctor take a look...?  I had several falls like that in my life and I brushed them aside and did nothing when they happened, figuring I would know if I had done anything too terrible...right?

Well now I have five compressed vertebrae in my lower spine, sciatica and constant pain in back and legs and reduced mobility. 

We can pray for a healing but it might be wise to give our Lord some local help, and go to see a doctor.

M.

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 03:27:13 AM »

I saw a student health services doctor within a couple days of posting here. I explained that I did not have a sharp or acute pain, but an ache in certain positions and that Bengay helped. I then got a prescription for extra strength painkillers and a reference to an X-ray place where I could get one X-ray for $30 that would show if anything was broken, but there is not much that could be done if it is a broken bone. I see my regular doctor in a couple of weeks for a regular refill/checkup. I do not have insurance.

Liz
High Elder

Faith: Church of England

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »

I saw a student health services doctor within a couple days of posting here. I explained that I did not have a sharp or acute pain, but an ache in certain positions and that Bengay helped. I then got a prescription for extra strength painkillers and a reference to an X-ray place where I could get one X-ray for $30 that would show if anything was broken, but there is not much that could be done if it is a broken bone. I see my regular doctor in a couple of weeks for a regular refill/checkup. I do not have insurance.

Lord have mercy.

A broken/bruised bone there is very painful, and it is quite true there is nothing they can do if you really have broken it! I hope it gets better, and that if not, you're able to get to a doctor and find help.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »

Lord have mercy.

A broken/bruised bone there is very painful, and it is quite true there is nothing they can do if you really have broken it! I hope it gets better, and that if not, you're able to get to a doctor and find help.
I don't know if this is "quite" painful. Most of the time it is not painful and it is not a sharp pain. I have never otherwise broken a bone in my body, except a tooth, not that I am the most athletic person. My mom is convinced that because I have fibromyalgia-prone traits (she has fibromyalgia), that it must be or will turn into a myofacial trigger point or something.

Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »

I also have a strained elbow.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

I'm going to need this.
Anastasia1
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:49 AM »

I just saw my regular doctor for a check up and prescription refill. He wanted me to do x-rays to make sure the bone was healing in the right alignment. I'm praying nothing has to be manually/surgically re-aligned.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: