OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 03:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences between Orthodox, Catholic, and eastern rite bishops  (Read 690 times) Average Rating: 0
cossack 316

Faith: Ukrainian orthodox Church

« on: October 21, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

What powers does a Catholic or eastern rite Catholic bishop have that an Orthodox bishop does not?

Does an Orthodox bishop hold the same authority in an eparchy as a RC or EC bishop have in a diosese?
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »

You just opened a can of nastly, ugly, man-eating worms.  Cheesy

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »

I'm going to need this.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »

Awesome!

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Dart
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »

What powers does a Catholic or eastern rite Catholic bishop have that an Orthodox bishop does not?

Does an Orthodox bishop hold the same authority in an eparchy as a RC or EC bishop have in a diosese?

The bible says, "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

The Roman Catholic Bishop will do it for you while the Orthodox Bishop will cut off his own hand as an example.

Unfortunately, the Orthodox Church has some RC wannabees serving in office at the moment.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »

The bible says, "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

The Roman Catholic Bishop will do it for you while the Orthodox Bishop will cut off his own hand as an example.

Unfortunately, the Orthodox Church has some RC wannabees serving in office at the moment.

I agree Here ..... Grin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:07:42 AM »

I don't think "We're more pious than they are. Nee ner nee ner." What what he was looking for.

I'm going to need this.
Alveus Lacuna
Moderated
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »

I don't think "We're more pious than they are. Nee ner nee ner." What what he was looking for.

Well then he'd better go elsewhere, because our piety is unparalleled!!!
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »

Well then he'd better go elsewhere, because our piety is unparalleled!!!

ROFL  Grin

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: