Author Topic: Differences between Orthodox, Catholic, and eastern rite bishops  (Read 779 times)

Offline cossack 316

What powers does a Catholic or eastern rite Catholic bishop have that an Orthodox bishop does not?

Does an Orthodox bishop hold the same authority in an eparchy as a RC or EC bishop have in a diosese?

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
Re: Differences between Orthodox, Catholic, and eastern rite bishops
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
You just opened a can of nastly, ugly, man-eating worms.  :D
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »

I'm going to need this.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Dart

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
What powers does a Catholic or eastern rite Catholic bishop have that an Orthodox bishop does not?

Does an Orthodox bishop hold the same authority in an eparchy as a RC or EC bishop have in a diosese?

The bible says, "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

The Roman Catholic Bishop will do it for you while the Orthodox Bishop will cut off his own hand as an example.

Unfortunately, the Orthodox Church has some RC wannabees serving in office at the moment.

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »

The bible says, "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

The Roman Catholic Bishop will do it for you while the Orthodox Bishop will cut off his own hand as an example.

Unfortunately, the Orthodox Church has some RC wannabees serving in office at the moment.

I agree Here ..... ;D
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:07:42 AM »

I don't think "We're more pious than they are. Nee ner nee ner." What what he was looking for.

I'm going to need this.

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:23 AM »
I don't think "We're more pious than they are. Nee ner nee ner." What what he was looking for.

Well then he'd better go elsewhere, because our piety is unparalleled!!!

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »

Well then he'd better go elsewhere, because our piety is unparalleled!!!

ROFL  ;D

I'm going to need this.