OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 03:55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attendance at a Western Rite Church  (Read 8275 times) Average Rating: 0
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2011, 05:44:19 PM »

I don't attend a Western Rites parish, but when I lived in Michigan I greatly enjoyed going to Holy Incarnation, the Roman Rite mission in metro Detroit, for new style Nativity. I'm mostly Dutch-American and there was something about worshiping the way my Orthodox Christian ancestors did that was really uplifting.

I know that faith matters more than rite, but to be able to be at a service and have the sense of belonging that Russians, Copts, et cetera, have all the time is nice for a convert every once in a while :-). (Especially one who's been asked his ethnicity over and over again in churches and has been looked down upon from time to time for not being the 'right' ethnicity.)

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: