OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 12:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian!  (Read 989 times) Average Rating: 0
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« on: March 16, 2004, 02:01:39 PM »

I am slowly but suring starting to work on learning a little bit of Russian.  Are there anywebsites out there that have some Russian Church music audio files for me to listen to?  I would like to hear some of the basics, get to know a few key phrases so I can at least kind of know what is going on should I happpen to go to a Russian Church.

-í-+-¦-ü-+-¦-+
The young fogey
Warned
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 02:55:25 PM »

My Eastern Rite page has as its background music 'Rejoice, O Virgin Mother of God' sung in Slavonic, which is to Russian about as Chaucer's English is to this. They're a little different but learning Russian will help you understand things in church.

-ƒ-+-¦-¦-+-â-¦-ü-é-¦ -+ -â-¦-¦-ç-+ -é-¦-¦-¦.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 12:44:22 AM »

Thanks, Serge.  I enjoyed the chanting on your page.  I did some searching on the net today and found this webpage had some nice chanting on it www.valaam.ru  

If Slavonic is anything like Greek (in terms of learning process) the actuall vocab needed for liturgical purposes isn't that large and with not too much effort it is pretty easy to get the main idea of things.  For now that is what I hope to do, later I'd like to seriously study Russian and Slavonic.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: