OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 02:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attending/communing in churches not in communion with your own  (Read 2257 times) Average Rating: 0
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »

According to the Thyetira Confession, which the EP accepts, if there is no Orthodox Church near you, you can have communion in a Catholic Church. I don't know if this exception officially extends to noncanonical "Orthodox" churches, to "Oriental" churches, or to Protestant churches - although some Orthodox think that an exception applies to those churches too.

I've never heard of this.

I have never heard of the Thyetira Confession.  However, I was told (and know for a fact) that RC Priests and Bishops will administer Sacraments to Orthodox.  I have even been told (although I have never seen it myself) that Orthodox Priests are allowed to administer Sacraments to RC in extreme conditions.  I have been told this by a couple of different priests from differing jurisdictions with the only difference being how they are administered.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Tags: communion 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: