OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 04:32:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liturgy and Orthodox-Catholic discussion area moderators  (Read 1695 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: March 15, 2004, 02:59:50 PM »

Friends,

Phil and I are taking applications for moderators for the Orthodox-Catholic discussion area and the Liturgy discussion area.  Candidates must be Orthodox or Orthodox catechumens, members of this board for at least 3 months, and should submit a one paragraph to two paragraph statement as to why they think they would be a good moderator.

anastasios
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 03:00:01 PM by anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 03:02:46 PM »

Sorry--submit applications to me by PM.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:49:04 PM »

I'm in ROAC can I still apply?
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 05:15:06 PM »

It would be nice to see a E/W Catholic assist in the Orthodox- Catholic section.

Dare I mention Carpo-Rusyn ?

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 05:34:48 PM »

It would be nice to see a E/W Catholic assist in the Orthodox- Catholic section.

james

Hey, works for me. Especially if I'm his counterpart. Then we can edit each others posts... Grin

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 05:57:49 PM »

]It would be nice to see a E/W Catholic assist in the Orthodox- Catholic section.

james]

Beg to differ.  Not because you mention Carpo-Rusyn, but because this is supposed to be an Orthodox Catholic website.  Therefore, moderators should be either Byzantine or Oriental Orthodox.

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 06:02:31 PM »

I am disappointed that a Catholic is ineligible to be moderator of the Orthodox/Catholic discussion, especially considering one of the adminstrators is Catholic.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 06:59:32 PM »

Dear Deacon Lance,

While what you say is technically true, can you really consider me a Catholic in reality?  That I am not Orthodox canonically is not my fault as I am under the spiritual guidance of an Orthodox priest who suggested that I wait.  To the outside, I may appear to be a fence-sitter, but things are actually moving slowly but steadily and the quietness is due to my preference online to keep my cards close to my chest, so to speak.

At any rate, I agree with Orthodoc as this is an Orthodox website, the moderators are going to be Orthodox.  In the Orthodox-Catholic discussion area, because of the previously-established special status of said forum where dialogue goes on on an even par, limits are less strict than in the other forums.  Two things I may consider to keep this that way are 1) having a Catholic "co-moderator" whose task would be to point out when Catholic teachings are misrepresented or 2) staying on myself as co-moderator since I am sure you will agree that I have been most amenable to fairness in the past 2 years of this site.

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 07:11:43 PM »

A co-moderator would be fine, if its Orthodox only there are few who play on a level ground and understand or have good knowledge of the East/West Catholic Church as well as Orthodox.

submerging............ james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Orthodoc
Supporter & Defender Of Orthodoxy
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

Those who ignore history tend to repeat it.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 07:33:41 PM »

[Fr Deacon Lance writes:

I am disappointed that a Catholic is ineligible to be moderator of the Orthodox/Catholic discussion, especially considering one of the adminstrators is Catholic.]

As are most of the people who access this site.  Most people who access this site are Catholic.  They are just not 'Catholics in communion with Rome'.

[Anastasios writes:

That I am not Orthodox canonically is not my fault as I am under the spiritual guidance of an Orthodox priest who suggested that I wait.  To the outside, I may appear to be a fence-sitter, but things are actually moving slowly but steadily and the quietness is due to my preference online to keep my cards close to my chest, so to speak.]

Your spiritual advisor has given you very solid advice.  If and when the 'Holy Spirit' thinks you are ready to become part of canonical Orthodoxy he will lead you there.  I have watched you mature in your pilgrimage towards Holy Orthodoxy since you started this site.  You, as well as others, may think the process is slow.  At one time I did too.  But a hastily built house usually is not on solid foundations and may fall.  Continue to build your foundation at the pace you are.  For in the end, it will be a solid foundation.  The obstacles you have faced so far, and will face in the future, will only make you stronger in your faith.  God works in  mysterious ways as I'm sure you already know.

Don't be impatient and things will suddenly come together.  You will end up where God wants you to be.]

Orthodoc

Oh Lord, Save thy people and bless thine inheritance.
Grant victory to the Orthodox Christians over their adversaries.
And by virtue of thy Cross preserve thy habitation.
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 07:34:06 PM »

Anastasios,

I don't think it matters what I consider you to be as much as some Orthodox, who until you are chrismated, consider you to be in the great unknown.   Both option 1 or 2 is fine with me.  And I agree that in general Orthodox should be moderators, but I think it fair to allow a Catholic moderate on the Orthodox/Catholic discussion.  And yes I believe you to be exceedingly fair and unbiased.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 12:22:47 AM »

Enough about liturgy moderators--I want to apply for the job of liturgy coordinator!  J/k Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: