OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 09:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Pray for Sinjinsmythe  (Read 1354 times) Average Rating: 0
Linus7
Archon

« on: March 15, 2004, 01:23:35 PM »

Please pray for him, folks.

His new signature says, "I wish I was dead."

I am not trying to embarrass him, but I think we should all pray.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 01:48:57 PM »

I will add him to my prayers, it seems that there are many questions of faith during this Lenten season, let us all pray for a increase of strength both physically and spiritually for all, 40 days during our Lord's time is more like 80 for us, we are quite spoiled.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:02:53 PM »

I will certainly be praying for him. Sinjin (if you're reading this), you remind me a lot of me a few years ago man. Right down to the heavy metal, religious concerns, and suicidal thoughts. God loves you, and many people care for you (even if people like me use harsh words sometimes). May God bless you!

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Capt. Frank Chapman: "You're some guy, Makonnen."
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 10:24:52 PM »

Sinjin, I agree with what Paradosis and the others have said.  I've dealt with those kinds of thoughts and wondered if I wasn't just a huge mistake sometimes.  But we are not.  God loves us more than we can even begin to grasp, and we love you too.  We don't even begin to know how much we mean to other people and how we touch others lives.  That came home to me about 12 or 13 years ago when a 19 year old co-worker committed suicide.  I remember that other people that worked in our building kept asking me where he was because they hadn't seen him that morning.  God has a unique place in this world for each one of us and nobody else can take your place.
PhosZoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:59:49 PM »

Sinjin,

You are in my prayers.  

This hit me especially hard, a friend of mine just took his own life last Wednesday.  If I can speak as a survivor, it hurts. Katherine 2001 is right, we don't know how much we touch people.
sinjinsmythe
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 09:53:29 PM »

Thanks for your concern, but I don't think your prayers will do much good. I've given up praying altogether.

Life is just one disappointment after another.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 09:55:10 PM »

If life sucks without prayer, then how can it hurt to keep it up?

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
katherine 2001
High Elder

Eastern Orthodox Church--Established in 33 A.D.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 10:29:47 PM »

Then, I'm sure some of us would be more than happy to pray for you, since you don't feel that you can.  When I was in deep depression and having a hard time praying (and sometimes I couldn't), others were willing to say the prayers for me.  I've heard people say that if you're so depressed that you can't pray, just go sit in your icon corner and sit in silence.  If you can't stand to do that alone, is there a good friend who would be willing to sit with you and sit there in silence with you?  I know someone who did this, and it helped her a lot.

Please hang in there.  We love you and care about you.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 04:18:18 PM »

Prayers!

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 03:26:21 AM »

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on Sinjin.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: