OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 12:08:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim fundamentalists demonstrate against Coptic Pope Shenouda  (Read 837 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

A series of demonstrations were held, the most recent on October 8, as Muslim fundamentalists protested against Pope Shenouda III, the head of the Coptic Orthodox Church. Among the bizarre and unsubstantiated claims made by these groups were: that Coptic Churches are holding Muslim women against their will, in attempts to force conversions; that Coptic churches and monasteries are used to store weapons; and that Copts are planning to revolt and set up a separate state. There was a question of whether the demonstrations were instigated by the state security forces.

Shocked

On Wednesday, Pope Shenouda gave his weekly sermon, which was attended by 10,000 Copts. This took place with no disruption.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »

There was a question of whether the demonstrations were instigated by the state security forces.

Mubarrak has spent the last few decades fighting against the radicalization of Egyptian society. Why would he encourage this kind of activity?
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »

Coptic Churches are holding Muslim women against their will, in attempts to force conversions

I'm guessing projection with this one...

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:26 PM »

Coptic Churches are holding Muslim women against their will, in attempts to force conversions

I'm guessing projection with this one...

For sure.  Undecided

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »

There was a question of whether the demonstrations were instigated by the state security forces.

Mubarrak has spent the last few decades fighting against the radicalization of Egyptian society. Why would he encourage this kind of activity?
Divide and conquer.  Who else to save us from the crisis?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags: Coptic  state  security  conspiracy  mystery  demonstrations Coptic Orthodox Church persecution Pope Shenouda 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: