OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 04:31:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It’s been said . . .  (Read 508 times) Average Rating: 0
Internet Ministry

Faith: Christian

« on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

. . . that if a believer could spread the gospel like a Mormon, had the persistence of a JW, the work ethic of a Hutterite, the commitment to prayer of a Muslim, and their church had kneeling boards like the Catholics along with the outreach capability like Billy Graham’s and they could take a homeless person into their home as easily as they could a lost dog and had the dedication to brotherhood of a Soldier along with the loving care of a Doctor and the fear of a sparrow; all they’d need is God’s power to give it true Christian purpose.
chrevbel
Site Supporter
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »

Well, if it hadn't been, it certainly has been now.
Saint Iaint
This Poster Has Ignored Multiple Requests to Behave Better
High Elder

Faith: Once Delivered

The Truth Shall Be Reviled

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »

. . . that if a believer could spread the gospel like a Mormon, had the persistence of a JW, the work ethic of a Hutterite, the commitment to prayer of a Muslim, and their church had kneeling boards like the Catholics along with the outreach capability like Billy Graham’s and they could take a homeless person into their home as easily as they could a lost dog and had the dedication to brotherhood of a Soldier along with the loving care of a Doctor and the fear of a sparrow; all they’d need is God’s power to give it true Christian purpose.

Mormons do not spread the Gospel! They spread lies and falsehoods (as do the "persistent" Jehovahs)...

And why should we need kneeling boards? The Orthodox not only kneel - they fully prostrate themselves, hands and knees; forehead to the floor (that's where the Muslims got it from).

Otherwise, we all have room for improvement I think. Welcome to the board...

†IC XC†
†NI KA†

Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute...

Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith, not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
Internet Ministry

Faith: Christian

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »

spread the gospel

In that context, I think the intent was placing an emphasis on the "spreading" part, not whether or not what they're spreading is gospel. In other words, Mormons actually do go knock on strangers' doors per Mark 16:15-18 in far greater Numbers and by Percentage than all other so-called denominational Christians. I believe [bgcolor=#0009ff]God[/bgcolor] takes care of the aspects such as when/where/who actually hears the gospel and believes it.
With regard to 'kneeling' or being 'prostrate' in prayer; I interpret this as pointing out that most contemporary churchgoers don't kneel at all in churches anymore which would obviously include not laying prostate as well. I first noted this trend over 20 years ago when I revisited a United church which I once attended as a boy in the 1960s to find that the kneeling boards were removed and the same applied to pretty much all churches I've seen before and since. But apparently the devil has convinced many that kneeling/prostrate in prayer is too undignified for believers nowadays or politically incorrect or whatever but woe to those perhaps who have ignored that kind of divine humility? On the other hand, maybe some believers kneel at home but not in church and/or for medical reasons etc. and that's covered by God's grace too? I'll continue praying both prostrate and kneeling though however long the Lord wills.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: