Glory to Jesus Christ!
The following was copied from http://wwwOrthodoxInfo.com
and pasted here just for fun. I'd be interested in seeing scores and seeing peoples' thoughts on the test. I take no resposibility for the accuracy test, or its way of rating modernism. God Bless!
...A short test that anyone can use to see if their parish/jurisdiction is modernist. Just answer the following "yes or no" questions and tally up the score. Give yourself one point for each "yes" answer and zero for each "no."
The Modernism Test:
1. Does your Church have pews?
2. Does your Church have an organ?
3. Does your Priest not have a beard?
4. Do most of the Priests in your jurisdiction not have beards?
5. Are any of your Bishops clean shaven?
6. Does your Priest have short hair?
7. Do you use electric vigil lamps in your Church?
8. Does your Priest keep the Royal Doors open throughout the Divine Liturgy (until after the "Our Father)?
9. Does your Iconostasis not have a curtain? or, Does your Priest not close the curtain after the Great Entrance?
10. Does your Priest go straight from the Augmented Litany (after the Gospel) to the Cherubic hymn (skipping the litanies for the catechumens and faithful)?
11. Does your Priest appear in public wearing a "clergy shirt" and "ecclesiastical collar"?
12. Does your Priest appear in public in completely civilian clothes?
13. Does your Bishop (or any of the Bishops in your jurisdiction) appear in public in a suit?
14. Does your Priest not serve an All-Night Vigil or Vespers every Saturday night?
15. Does your jurisdiction permit the ordination of a twice-married man to the diaconate or Priesthood?
16. Does your Priest or any clergy of your jurisdiction smoke in public?
17. Does your parish follow the New Calendar (meaning, are all the immovable Feasts celebrated according to the Gregorian Calendar)?
18. Are the majority of parishes in your jurisdiction New Calendar (euphemistically referred to as the "Revised Julian Calendar")?
19. Has your Church Higher authority not officially condemned Freemasonry as incompatible with Orthodoxy?
20. Do any of the women in your parish attend church in slacks or pant-suits?
21. Do most of the women in your parish come to church with their heads uncovered?
22. Does your church practice "General Confession"?
23. Is private confession not generally required before receiving Holy Communion?
24. Do monastic clergy not comprise a significant percentage (greater than, say, 10%) of all your clergy?
25. Is your Church Bingo sign larger than the sign with the name of the Church?
26. Does your parish not follow the traditional rules of fasting? Or, does your Priest condone a mitigation of fasting with teachings such as "try to abstain from meat on Wednesdays and Fridays during Lent"?
27. Do the clergy in your jurisdiction attach a great deal of importance to being a part of "canonical Orthodoxy"?
28. Is the keeping of the traditions of the Church often referred to as "legalism"?
29. Does your Priest kneel on Sundays? Does he allow others in the parish to kneel on Sundays? (In some modernist churches the entire congregation kneels during the highpoint of the Anaphora.)
30. Does your Priest serve Vesperal Divine Liturgies on days in which it is not appointed in the Typikon?
31. Are converts in your parish not expected to use their Baptismal name at all timesÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¹in and out of church?
32. Has your Priest not adopted an Orthodox nameÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¹i.e., of a SaintÃƒÆ’Ã‚Â¹or does he call himself by familiar American names such as Fr. Jack or Fr. Bob? Does his wife not go by the traditional title of "Matushka," "Khouria," or "Presbytera"? Or does she prefer "Babs," "Sally," or some other familiar name?
33. Does your Priest give out the antidoron to non-Orthodox?
34. Does a reading of the Prayers of Thanksgiving for Holy Communion not follow after the end of Divine Liturgy?
35. Does your Priest or Bishop encourage the congregation to lift their hands during the anaphora?
36. At the "Kiss of Peace" during the Divine Liturgy, does the Priest pause the service to allow parishioners to greet those around them, either by handshake or embrace?
38. Does your Priest read out loud all of the secret prayers during the Liturgy?
39. Does your Priest serve Holy Communion with plastic spoons?
40. Does your Priest encourage attendance at, or support, local ecumenical events that involve common prayer with heterodox Christians?
41. Are most of the converts to Orthodoxy in your parish received by Chrismation instead of Baptism?
42. Does your Priest commemorate the names of non-Orthodox during the litanies?
43. Does your jurisdiction allow weddings on Saturdays or during fasting periods?
44. Does your Priest serve panikhidas on Sunday?
1 point for each "yes"
0 points for each "no"
Less than 3 points: your church is not "modernist"
3 - 5 points: your church is slightly "modernist"
6 - 10 points: your church is quite "modernist"
Greater than 10 points: your church is extremely "modernist"