OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 01:54:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Departing Orthodoxy & OC.net  (Read 1608 times) Average Rating: 0
thetraditionalfrog
Traditional Frog

Faith: Orthodox

« on: September 30, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »

Due to recent unexpected issues of a very personal and spiritual nature, I have departed from the the Orthodox faith. This will also be my last post on OC.net. Be it known, I didn't come to or make this decision lightly, but only after much thought, many tears, and prayer. I want to thank all of the the members of OC.net for their prayers and support over the years. It is much appreciated.

“For the honorable Cross and golden freedom!” -Sv Lazar

“Give up everything for Christ, but Christ for nothing!” -Sv Sava
Fabio Leite
Archon

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:18:29 PM »

I am very sorry to heart that. I know you have considered it deeply, but could it be that you could give us a chance of dialoguing with the reasons you have found for this decision?

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

Lord have mercy and bring you back!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
recent convert
Orthodox Chrisitan
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian (N.A.)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »

Praying that you will reconsider your decision to depart from the Orthodox Church. Prayers anyway. Lord, have mercy.

Antiochian OC N.A.
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

May the Lord always be with you in your future endeavors.

Lord have Mercy.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »

I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I wish you well. Also, I like your name. If you're going to have "frog" in your username, you might as well be a traditional one, am I right?  Smiley
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 02:25:34 PM »

May God be with you.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
NorthernPines
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 11:06:06 AM »

I'm very sorry that you've been going through some difficult spiritual and personal problems. Even if you're leaving Orthodoxy, you need not leave the forum. Though I can understand why you feel that is most appropriate. May God guide you on whatever path you feel you must take.

NP
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »

Prayers!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

I am sorry. May the Lord help you always.  angel

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »

Isn't he the serbian thats under the Bulgarian Patriarch.  ???Or am i confusing him with someone else...
If he's a Serb how does one abandon Holy Orthodoxy...Tell us your story if you don't mind .....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
thetraditionalfrog
Traditional Frog

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and concern during this time of trial for myself. It has been much appreciated. After much prayer and thought, I have decided to remain in the saving fold of Holy Orthodoxy. It hasn't been an easy decision, but it is the right decision. In 1389 my ancestors fought and died to defend the Orthodox Faith on the field of Kosovo. They spilt their blood, and now intercede before Christ's throne on my behalf, and that of all Orthodox. They didn't give up when things were rough, even when all appeared lost. For the defeat of the Serbian People was their greatest victory, a victory no enemy of Christ could ever take away!

When Prince Lazar was on Kosovo Field, the Theotokos sent message to him by the Prophet Elijah. It read: "What kingdom shall I choose? Shall I choose a heavenly kingdom? Shall I choose an earthly kingdom? If I choose an earthly kingdom, an earthly kingdom lasts only a little time, but a heavenly kingdom will last for eternity and its centuries."

May God give me strength to persever in the Holy Orthodox faith!

Sv Lazar and all the martyrs of Kosovo, pray to God for us!

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »

Велики Мученик Свети Царе Лазар Молисе Богу За Нас.....Great News Welcome Back....Коло Коло Коло...

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and concern during this time of trial for myself. It has been much appreciated. After much prayer and thought, I have decided to remain in the saving fold of Holy Orthodoxy. It hasn't been an easy decision, but it is the right decision. In 1389 my ancestors fought and died to defend the Orthodox Faith on the field of Kosovo. They spilt their blood, and now intercede before Christ's throne on my behalf, and that of all Orthodox. They didn't give up when things were rough, even when all appeared lost. For the defeat of the Serbian People was their greatest victory, a victory no enemy of Christ could ever take away!

When Prince Lazar was on Kosovo Field, the Theotokos sent message to him by the Prophet Elijah. It read: "What kingdom shall I choose? Shall I choose a heavenly kingdom? Shall I choose an earthly kingdom? If I choose an earthly kingdom, an earthly kingdom lasts only a little time, but a heavenly kingdom will last for eternity and its centuries."

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:50:54 PM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

angel

Very happy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
thetraditionalfrog
Traditional Frog

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

Велики Мученик Свети Царе Лазар Молисе Богу За Нас.....Great News Welcome Back....Коло Коло Коло...

Амин! Хвала!  -- Amen! Thanks!

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »

Wonderful news.

If you have issues that you need to discuss and/or work, through, feel free to PM myself or anyone here you're comfortable with for help, perspective, or just to "vent."

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »

You..... decided to leave your church three days ago and then decided in favor of the contrary only three days later?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 09:47:44 PM »

You..... decided to leave your church three days ago and then decided in favor of the contrary only three days later?
It might surprise you that human beings are not perfect.

deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »

Well, yes, of course I know that. 3 days just seems rather extreme.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Papist
Toumarches

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »

Well, since people are not computers, why the surprise?

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »

Slava Bogu!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Shlomlokh
主哀れめよ!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Bulgarian

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 11:32:38 PM »

Well, since people are not computers, why the surprise?
laugh

Too true!

Glory to God, thetraditionalfrog! You will be in my prayers! We must always strive to build each other up as our world is not very open to Christ and His Church. Glad to hear that you are staying!

In Christ,
Andrew

"I will pour out my prayer unto the Lord, and to Him will I proclaim my grief; for with evils my soul is filled, and my life unto hades hath drawn nigh, and like Jonah I will pray: From corruption raise me up, O God." -Ode VI, Irmos of the Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 11:37:35 PM »

God be with you, my brother.  Kossovo was, is, and always will be Serbian.   If not in this imperfect world, then her people will be in the next!
Gamliel
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »

Prayers.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 09:43:38 AM »

In three days, St. Peter went from denying Christ to being willing to die for his sake. 

In any case, may the Lord guide your steps, TraditionalFrog, and have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Many Years!

I am so happy to hear of your decision to remain Orthodox!

Glory be to God!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 10:52:58 AM »

Three days Jonah was in the belly of the whale.  Three days Christ lay in the tomb.  Three days for our brother to return to us!  To God be the Glory, Amen!

CCCC

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »

Slava Bogu! God be with you, brother!

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:48 PM »

Glory to God!

Love never fails.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 01:54:48 PM »

And the Angels rejoice when a Sinner returns to salvation,To the Ark of Salvation ,The Holy Orthodox Church,
Maybe You Should as well ,so the Party of Joy in Heaven conntinues.......  Wink

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:55:52 PM by stashko » Logged

SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 12:53:18 AM »

Glory to God!
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »

C'mon, DVE, don't be so hard on the man. We should be rejoicing in his return to the sheepfold rather than criticizing him for his behavior.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:36:30 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 01:48:21 AM »

I'm really not trying to be all that critical. I don't want to be contemptuous at all. I just wanted to present it as something for the OP to think over.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: