OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 02:13:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 1013 times) Average Rating: 0
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« on: March 08, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »

Helllo all,

I noticed that there are several new faces on the boards since I took a break from posting last month, so I would like to take this chance to tell my story again to the board.

I was a cradle Roman Catholic who had nominal involvement in the church until just a few years ago.  I slowly started to realize the depth of Christianity and became very involved at my parish.  The "Catholic" stuff such as veneration of saints, high veneration to the Mother of God, sacraments etc. all seemed a very natural expression of Christianity to me.  As time went one there were some inconsistancies I noticed within the Roman Church.  I was very saddened by the state of liturgical disarray Rome found herself in.  FWIW, I had a great deal of sympathy for the Tridentine Mass crowd, but only ended up attending one Tridentine Mass (a memory I still cherish - but then again I ENJOYED my three years of highschool Latin!).  I had heard from various people about the Divine Liturgy and its heavenly quality.  So I did some research into Orthodoxy and realized I had created a personal crisis.  Everything Orthodoxy believed made sense to me and seemed to be the patristic path.  There is a girl from school I know who is Orthodox, but I had never really talked to her about Orthodoxy.  One day I just walked up to her and asked, "I have been reading about Orthodoxy and think I want to convert!"  She lent me some books and directed me to the closest parish.  I started attending serives in September 2002.  I started meeting with the priest and was constantly reading as much as I could about Orthodoxy.  On November 14, 2002 I became a catachumen.  On January 4th, 2003 I was reiceved into Holy Orthodoxy by Chrisimation..

Now I am a member of the GOA.   I serve as an altar boy at my parish while slowly learning to chant and working on my Greek.  I am greatly blessed to live in the Phoenix area as I am a mere hour drive from Elder Ephraim's monastery in florence, AZ.  www.stanthonysmonastery.org  

Nektarios
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 08:42:11 PM »

Take back the GOA Nektarios!
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 12:58:12 AM »

Ha, I had almost completely forgotten about that former slogan.  Thanks for reminding me....TAKE BACK THE GOA!!!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: