OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 07:20:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for my sister and my dad (a prayer of thanks)  (Read 501 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« on: September 26, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »

everyone, I have WONDERFUL news!  (well, wonderful to me, I guess Wink  )

1.  my dad
                    I have been having so much trouble with my dad.  he realy doesn't understand me, and won't, since he's moved out.  but, the most amazing thing happened!  my mom called him, crying, and told him how I feel about our relationship and how it's really taken a turn for the worse.  this made a profound change in him.  today, he came to liturgy with me.  he was really.....I don't know how to put it.  like he was in the old days, my dad instead of "Mr. Discipline".  he spoke to Father, and got some literature on Orthodoxy.  he RAVED about how much he loved the Church, our sence of community.  he also loved how our confession is more personal then the Roman Catholic confession, he's used to.  I thank God for this.  I also pray that he's genuinly embracing Orthodoxy, and not just doing this to try and get closer to me (which will happen only with time, and God's help!)

2. my sister
                     so, unfortunatly, the boy down the street broke up with her.  I must admit, I am quite releaved!  he was one of those kids who dresses in all black (and paints his fingernails black!) listens to rather scary music, and cuts himself.  and while I would wish him only good, I am glad that he's not there to influence my little sister.  Thank God that she's met a wonderful boy!  there's something about this one that I really like.  he's a nice young man.  Praise be to God!

Glory to God for all things!

I'm in such a good mood, that I wanted to share this silly Ukrainian video with you all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVDIP0xGxw&feature=related

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

Both are wonderful!! Please keep praying for the young man who cuts himself - he's in a lot of pain emotionally - he cuts to be able to bear the deeper pain. 

The video - I don't speak a word of .  . . Slavic?  I'm not sure what language you speak, please forgive my ignorance. . . but found myself laughing through the wonky/fun!  . . .and will be singing oy oy oy. . .oy!! for the rest of the evening!! Smiley

Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Denver

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:32:17 PM »

Both are wonderful!! Please keep praying for the young man who cuts himself - he's in a lot of pain emotionally - he cuts to be able to bear the deeper pain. 

The video - I don't speak a word of .  . . Slavic?  I'm not sure what language you speak, please forgive my ignorance. . . but found myself laughing through the wonky/fun!  . . .and will be singing oy oy oy. . .oy!! for the rest of the evening!! Smiley

thanks, I will continue to pray for him!

about the video:  it's Ukrainian (a Slavic language).  I know a bit of Slovak, but mostly I speak English.  I don't inderstand a word of it, either!  (and have had Oy, Oy, Oy, Oy in my head for the last two weeks!)  it's just a funny video!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 05:37:56 PM »

Glory to God!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »

Glory to God!

Love never fails.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »

Smiley Glory to God!

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:45 PM »

Молитва....Захвала...
Слава И Хвала Богу Вовишнем....Амин Амин

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: