OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 05:41:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byzantine Festival in London  (Read 1730 times) Average Rating: 0
Pavlos

OrthodoxChristianity.net

« on: March 05, 2004, 03:26:02 PM »

Greetings everyone

I just wanted to put in a plug for this festival in London and invite anyone who might be in the area to attend one or all of the concerts.  I sing in Cappella Romana and am very excited about this trip.  I am the tall tenor in the center of the formation, you can't miss me, please come up and say hello.  We are being hosted by the English Chamber Choir who we are all very excited to meet.

Come and hear some wonderful Byzantine music during this season of Great Lent.

Festival Website
http://www.byzantinefestival.com/

Concert Schedule
http://www.byzantinefestival.com/01_concerts/concerts_menu.html

(1)on Tuesday 9th March at 7.45 pm in the Queen Elizabeth Hall; Hildegard of Bingen Chants and Hymns, Christos Hatzis De Angelis, John Taverner Let Not the Prince be Silent, Ivan Moody The Passion of St Katherine (world premiere), Michael Adamis Radiant Cloud (UK premiere), John Vergin When Augustus Reigned (UK premiere)

(2)on Thursday 11th March at 7 pm in St Paul's Cathedral; John Taverner The Myrrh-Bearer, Christos Hatzis The Troparion of Kassiani, Kassiani chants including the Troparion, John Taverner Dum transisset Sabbatum, Andrea Gabrieli Maria Magdalene.

Then on Saturday 13th March there is to be a presentation of Music for the Mother of God from the Byzantine tradition, Hail, Bride without Bridegroom, by Capella Romana at 7 pm in the Greek Cathedral of Haghia Sopia, Moscow Road London W2.

-L
Pavlos Grin
Edward Yong

Faith: Greek-Catholic (for the moment)

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 12:01:59 AM »

ARGH!!!! The first Lent in years when I'm not in London and all this has to happen!

+++¦+++++¦ +¦+¦+¦+++¦+¦+¦++++++!

"The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr" - Mahomet
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 01:28:23 AM »

I wonder . . .

Do they have English festivals in Byzantium?

You know, with imported rain and fog, steak-and-kidney pie, and all that?

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 01:30:57 AM »

Guess I should forget the steak-and-kidney pie part, at least for awhile yet.

My mouth is watering now, though.  Tongue

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
ambrosemzv

Pray unto God for us, Holy Ambrose of Optino!

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:43:27 AM »

No matter how far we are into the fast, nothing with the word, "kidney," in it is ever going to make my mouth water.   Cheesy

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne comprend pas.  -Pascal
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 01:09:03 PM »

No matter how far we are into the fast, nothing with the word, "kidney," in it is ever going to make my mouth water.   Cheesy

Lol!

Especially if it is followed by the word stone!

Seriously, though, steak-and-kidney pie is very tasty; at least, I think so.

What was it Voltaire said about England?

I think he said it was the only country he knew of that had 243 different religions but only one sauce.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: