OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:54:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop Paul de Ballester-Convallier  (Read 1714 times) Average Rating: 0
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« on: September 18, 2010, 02:46:33 AM »

Hello everyone, long time no see.

I was hoping that some of the more knowledgeable here, or those who have access to decent resources, could help to substantiate some of the claims made by the recent martyr Bishop Paul de Ballester-Convallier in his published testimony describing what caused him to leave the Catholic Church.

His testimony, "Why I abandoned Papism", is published on a number of websites but unfortunately, since it was not written for the purpose of convincing others, but simply to give an explanation for those desiring to know, it has virtually no references of any kind.

The Franciscan monastery in which he was formerly a monk is not named, although it is apparently in Barcelona.
No references apart from the Popes names and the year are given for papal statements that "condemned and anathematized any one who dared deny that the Apostle Paul during his entire apostolic life was totally subordinate to the ecclesiastical monarchical authority of the first Pope and king of the Church, namely the Apostle Peter" (1327 Pope John XXII, 1331 Pope Clemens VI, 1907 Pope Pius X, 1920 Pope Benedict XV)
He states that he published in Buenos Aires, a three volume study of "primacy clauses" in patristic literature of the first four centuries, but no name of this publication is given.

I realise that what might be available will probably only be in Spanish, a language I do not have any knowledge of, but any references would be appreciated no matter what language they might be in.

Link:
http://www.impantokratoros.gr/PaulBallaster_Convolier.en.aspx

Thanks in advance,
John
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 02:52:25 AM »

Nice to see you back, John.  It must be about a year.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:03:47 AM »

I have to limit myself to only a couple of forum addictions  Grin
I think it is even longer since I last posted on Monachos.net
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

I'm going to give this thread a small bump every few days for a while. I hope people don't mind.

John
Mardukm
Elder

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:08:33 AM »

What I want to know is where is "Nazianzus?"

The online sources say he was the Titular bishop of Nazianzus in New York with its seat in Mexico, but there is no city by the name of Nazianzus in New York or in Mexico.

Strange.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:15 AM »

I'm sure you are aware that Nazianzus is in what is now modern day Turkey.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: