OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 01:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Would The Catholic Church Have To Concede?  (Read 5054 times) Average Rating: 0
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »

I would hope that the Roman Catholic Church would hold to its encyclical on human life, especially the one condemning birth control.

It used to be that the Orthodox Church held a similar view with the Catholic Church on birth control.
Unfortunately in 1920, Orthodoxy caved into the same position as the Anglican Church, changed its teachings and started allowing birth control. This happened at the same time that the Orthodox Church forced the horrific New Calendar on an unsuspecting Orthodox people. Coincidence? No.
response here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,29748.msg1034664/topicseen.html#msg1034664

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:08 PM »

sperm isn't an unborn child.  

St. John Chrysostom said somewhere that killing of sperm is akin to homicide.

I take him at his word as sperm are alive. When we deliberately kill any living thing that God has created, be it sperm, spiders, or ducks, we are not acting in a very Christian manner.

Not only does this imply that you dont eat meat but...you do realise plants are alive also, right?

Eating of food is different from killing just for the pleasure of it. When men and women kill sperm so that they can experience pleasure without the risk of pregnancy, this is a lustful and sick act.
question here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,21230.msg1034677/topicseen.html#msg1034677

sperm isn't an unborn child.  

St. John Chrysostom said somewhere that killing of sperm is akin to homicide.

I take him at his word as sperm are alive. When we deliberately kill any living thing that God has created, be it sperm, spiders, or ducks, we are not acting in a very Christian manner.
correction in the same place.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:51:20 PM by username! » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #317 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »

C'mon, NFP people, is it really this difficult to assemble a coherent argument?

Isn't the blatant and deliberate use of chemical, physical, and biological weapons to kill sperm and an unborn child a coherent argument against the use of artificial birth control?

As opposed to the use of the menstrual cycle to allow sperm to die? No, it's not. Try again.

I have seen enough nonsense in my life that I believe that, on the basis of a given set of premises, a suitably coherent argument can be created to back up any silly idea. Because human reason is that wonderful and dangerous. So the great NFP argument is waiting there to be discovered. It just hasn't appeared on any thread that I've seen on this forum.
 Officily.warned for.99 days.for.disregarding.my public warning
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:06:10 AM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #318 on: November 27, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »

God created the female cycle with telltale signs of fertility which do not require thermometers or anything else. In essence, NFP is God's way allowing spacing of children.

Once the 'telltale signs of fertility' appear, it is too late to abstain. NFP is a way to optimise the chances of conception, not contraception in any way. Basic biology that everyone should know.

The NFP can be used for both wanting conception and for spacing children.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:51:37 PM by username! » Logged
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #319 on: November 27, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »

God created the female cycle with telltale signs of fertility which do not require thermometers or anything else. In essence, NFP is God's way allowing spacing of children.

Once the 'telltale signs of fertility' appear, it is too late to abstain. NFP is a way to optimise the chances of conception, not contraception in any way. Basic biology that everyone should know.

Someone once told me that even the NFP method was a no-no in the early church because of its negative usage. So even the RCC has come a ways in the acceptance of this method of contraception.
username!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Ukrainian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Pennsylvaniadoxy

« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2013, 01:51:05 AM »

Topic locked for 24 hour cool down period. Maybe then posters can start to get back on the ot -username! section moderator

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: