OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 05:24:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rabbula of Edessa  (Read 371 times) Average Rating: 0
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« on: September 03, 2010, 12:10:49 AM »

Is Rabbula officially recognized as a Saint in any of the OO churches?

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »

I don't see him on the Armenian calendar. 

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:56:25 AM »

Reading a quote from Fr. Tadros Malaty, it seems that he's not venerated in the Coptic Church either:

[Tatian's] chief claim to fame is the "Diatessaron," a history of the life of Christ compiled from the four gospels which was used in the Syriac Church until the 5th century, when Rabbula of Edessa perhaps replaced it by the Peshitta version because its author was considered a heretic. Among his literary opponents were St. Irenaeus, Tertullian, St. Clement of Alexandria, St. Hippolytus and Origen. It is possible that his memory in the Syriac Church is preserved under the name of Addai. Eusebius tells us that Tatian left a multitude of writings, but most of these are unknown.
http://www.copticchurch.net/topics/patrology/schoolofalex/III-Athenagoras-after/chapter1.html

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
deusveritasest
Taxiarches

Faith: None
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »

I'm holding out for a Syrian answer, as I'm guessing it might be possible that he be only on their calendar, if any.

I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com
Tags: Oriental Orthodox Fathers 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: