OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 02:59:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For another friend  (Read 477 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »

Dear folks,

Thank you so much for your prayers for a fiend of mine I mentioned a short while ago, an alcoholic who seems to succumb to drinking. I ask you to offer prayers for another good friend of mine, who is much younger (in his mid-30's) and who seems to suffer from the same attack of evil forces.

A. has been a good colleague of my wife for the last 5 years or so. He is a wonderful guy, very tall, strong (ex-Marine), very intelligent and kind. He and his wife, D., came to our house several times and had a jolly good time with us, enjoying each other company. Until about last June, nothing would hint that A. is in any trouble.

Last June, however, D. graduated from her university and got a position in another state. She took it, without any hesitation, and left. A. is now all alone in their little house. He tried very hard to improve it and to sell it or rent it, but there aren't any buyers or renters, which is perhaps not surprising given the present economic crisis.

A. started to drink. Real hard. Besides, Lesya and I are afraid that he is taking narcotics. He is out of touch almost always. He even stopped coming to the place where he is employed. He does what his supervisor asks of him, but it looks like he does that late at night or very early in the morning, so that no one would see him. During the daytime, he lies on a mattress most of the time, very drunk, or under the drugs.

D. does not seem to understand what's going on. She is very self-absorbed. A. has always been almost like a "father" for her, responsible for everything. She is one of those people who never even know where the kitchen is or how to write a check. But she seems to be enjoying herself very much at her new place where she got her job.

Lesya and I like both A. and D. so much. (D. is weird... but aren't we all?) Please, say a short prayer for these two young people. I am so afraid that this situation will end badly.

Thank you,

G.

Love never fails.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:33 PM »

Lord, have mercy on everyone involved!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 03:18:15 AM »

Lord, have mercy!
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:29:48 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 09:01:30 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:09:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 04:48:04 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.

May I ask, please pray also for A.'s mother. She lives far, in yet another state, and A. just reently learned that she has cancer. He took a personal leave and went to see her.

Tragic as this is, maybe it will sober A. up, bring him back to reality.

Love never fails.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

Lord Have Mercy...Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: