OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 10:05:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byzantine Catholic liturgies- question  (Read 15230 times) Average Rating: 0
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:01 AM »

Not only is he ACROD, he's ex-Byzantine Catholic himself. AND he LOVES to talk about it all the time. So yea, you can listen to him:)

Thanks.  I think I see what you mean.   Smiley

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »

Username,

Please do not misunderstand, I was not putting ACROD down.  As you know the Pittsburgh Metropolia still has monsignori, first solemn Communions even though infants are now communed, screen-less churches, etc.  While most parishes have Presanctified, a few still have Stations.  The Rosary is pretty much as non-existant as in Latin Churches, again a few parishes and even there it is like your cathedral 4 or 5 devotees.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Carpatho Russian
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2007, 09:53:58 PM »

Deacon Lance,
Do any Byzantine Catholic churches do Supplicatsia anymore?
CR
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:55:13 PM by Carpatho Russian » Logged

Zastupnice christianov nepostydnaja, chodatajice ko Tvorcu nepreložnaja, ne prezri hr’išnych molenij hlasy, popredvari jako blahaja na pomošč nas, virno vopijuščich ti: Uskori na molitvu, i potščisja na umolenije, zastupajušči prisno Bohorodice, čtuščich t’a.
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2007, 01:46:21 AM »

CR,

I am sure there are probably one or two if you look.  We don't even do it at Uniontown Pilgrimage anymore, although we still do the Moleben to Christ the Lover of Mankind.

Fr. Deacon Lance

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
samkim
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »

Excellent answer. Its funny, though, now in their attempt to reconnect with their Eastern patrimony, doctrinally, they have moved further away from
Rome than any other Eastern Church.

How so?

주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.
bkovacs

Faith: Byzantine Christian

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

Welkodox,

True enough, that is if the realize we exist at all. And also sadly true some ECs consider themselves Byzantine Rite Roman Catholics and think and act accordingly.

Fr. Deacon Lance

That is why I for one would like to see EC websites include Orthodox websites as well in their links section. Even the major sites like the UGCC of Philadelphia's website. Rather than just include Byzantine Catholic and Roman Catholic links. There is so much Byzantine Catholics can learn about their tradition from Orthodox websites as well. They can learn more about the Byzantine traditions from an Orthodox website vs a Roman Catholic website. Not to say that both should not be included.

"We knew not whether we were in heaven or on earth, for surely there is no such splendor or beauty anywhere on earth." The Divine Liturgy at Hagia Sophia.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »

Welkodox,

True enough, that is if the realize we exist at all. And also sadly true some ECs consider themselves Byzantine Rite Roman Catholics and think and act accordingly.

Fr. Deacon Lance

That is why I for one would like to see EC websites include Orthodox websites as well in their links section. Even the major sites like the UGCC of Philadelphia's website. Rather than just include Byzantine Catholic and Roman Catholic links. There is so much Byzantine Catholics can learn about their tradition from Orthodox websites as well. They can learn more about the Byzantine traditions from an Orthodox website vs a Roman Catholic website. Not to say that both should not be included.

That is an interesting perspective, considering that some of the things on Eastern Orthodox websites would be considered erroneous from a Catholic perspective.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Tags: ACROD Vatican 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: