OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 11:39:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian Orthodoxy  (Read 7211 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2010, 07:16:35 AM »

The discussion is needed but the historiography and mythology of the Ukrainian and Polish nationalist movements needs to be reassessed.

I agree.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »

I want to clarify my stance. I am for Ukrainian statehood and independence from the Russian Federation. I believe that the Ukrainian people are a brotherly people to us Poles, who share with us a common belief in Christ. I do not support in any way the claims of Moscow, that Poland and Ukraine are little midget nations which should listen subserviently and obediently to Moscow. My blood boils when I hear about what Putin and his ideologists say about central Europe. Example typical Russian Putinist ideologian Karaganov's rhetoric: If Russia becomes more democratic and rich, then you (Poles in this context) will fear us even more. Russia will always threathen you. If we stop being a threat, then we will quit being Russian, we will stop being a strong, free, and happy people. Taken from an interview in the Polish Gazeta Wyborcza in May 2008
Karaganov in a discussion explained that the ideal situation for Russia would be a return to the era of Otto von Bismarck. Then someone pointed out that this ime was not the best for Poles, Lithuanians or Ukrainians. Karaganov then replied, that if we start   talking about the interests of small nations, someone will always suffer. With the liquidation of small nations, keeping within Karaganov's thought,the peace between the empires will bring about an era of tranquility and peace, prosperity will grow and Europe will be a stable place.
I have to add that I support Ukraine but not UPA. You will have your viewpoint and I will have mine. The discussion is needed but the historiography and mythology of the Ukrainian nationalist movement needs to be reassessed.
Who is Karaganov?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Tags: Ukraine Ukrainian Orthodox Church 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: