OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 09:37:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DECR chairman Metropolitan Hilarion begins his working visit to the USA  (Read 783 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: August 30, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »

On 28 August 2010, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, arrived on a short working visit to the USA with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and at the invitation of His Beatitude Metropolitan Jonah of All America and Canada...
rest here

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:36 AM »

Morde here: http://www.oca.org/news/2255

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »

This is all very interesting. As many of us suspected, the entire Episcopal Assembly process is bound to stir up things, which is a good thing in my opinion. However, just like a hurricane (and we have one approaching the east coast now), no one really knows what the massive storm will do, regardless of all computer models and related tracks.  All of which is to say that we do live in interesting times indeed. And, it is not just those of us in the OCA either.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

DECR Chairman has meeting with Metr. Kallistos (Ware), Metr. Jonah, Metr Hilarion (Kapral) and Abp Demetrios. There must be something.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »

DECR Chairman has meeting with Metr. Kallistos (Ware), Metr. Jonah, Metr Hilarion (Kapral) and Abp Demetrios. There must be something.

I did not notice that he was meeting with Metropolitan Kallistos. That said, I thought that the four most interesting aspects of this working visit were:

1. Where was Moscow's Administrator of Patriarchal parishes, Archbishop Justinian?

2. Fr. Alexander Rentel, Assistant Professor of Canon Law at SVOTS, participated in the meeting at the OCA Chancellery.

3. Fr. Seraphim Gan of ROCOR was at SVOTS and also accompanied Metropolitan Hilarion (DECR) during his visit with Archbishop Demetrios.

4. Metropolitan Jonah was invited to the meeting between Metropolitan Hilarion (DECR) and  Metropolitan Hilarion (ROCOR) and occupied the senior position in the group photo.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 03:25:44 PM by Second Chance » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »

I've explained myself not clear enough. He has met with Metr. Kallistos in Moscow 4 days ago.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »

Thanks Mike. As usual you are a fount of good knowledge.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Metr. Hilarion met with some Antiochian folks, announced that Patr. Cyrill is going to visit Damascus in November and went back home
http://www.mospat.ru/en/2010/09/01/news25184/

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:22:58 PM »

Metr. Hilarion met with some Antiochian folks, announced that Patr. Cyrill is going to visit Damascus in November and went back home
http://www.mospat.ru/en/2010/09/01/news25184/

Notable also is the OCA.org article in that it largely quotes and links to the DECR news releases.

Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:43:39 PM »

Regarding Metropolitan Hilarion, I just read his speech to the latest class at the Sts Cyril and Methodios Post-Graduate and Doctoral School. As you can see at the link below, he bishop has plenty of backbone and can be quite direct when it suits him. I wonder if he was just as direct during his recent visit with OCA, ROCOR and GOA hierarchs.

http://www.mospat.ru/en/2010/09/04/news25313/

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: