OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 05:13:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for discerning God's will  (Read 1324 times) Average Rating: 0
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« on: February 16, 2004, 09:08:38 PM »

To all,

I would very much appreciate if you kept me in your prayers.... briefly, I grew up Orthodox, and now in my early 30's.... through prayer and discerning His will I believe that God may want me to serve Him in His Holy Church in a manner different than at present.....  I am a physician so I already have a source of income, but I think God is calling me to serve Him in another way.... I am talking to my priest about it, and my wife is behind me no matter what, so I have so much to be thankful for.  As you know, it's all on faith.  Would very much appreciate your prayers!

"The only thing you can do alone is go to hell" -- old Russian saying

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 01:52:33 AM »

Absolutely you will be in my prayers!

And you are most blessed to have a supportive wife. That will sit well with your bishop, I am sure.

{Where in the 'rainy NW" are you? We lived in Oregon and Wash for a couple of years back when you were in med school  Smiley }

Demetri

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 02:34:28 AM »

Gregory,

Also adding my prayers...i hope you find exactly what you're looking for.
gregory2
Elder

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 01:11:01 PM »

thanks so much for your prayers.  after speaking with my priest, it's going to take a long time to figure out how and in what capacity i am supposed to serve God.  
"patience is a virtue"

"Anything that is worth accomplishing cannot be accomplished in a lifetime." - the Holy Fathers
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: