OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:22:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about a vedio  (Read 312 times) Average Rating: 0
Ramy Hanna

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Church

« on: September 10, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »

Hallo every one,
I've a friend who wanted to know more about the desert monks in Egypt so I answered him shortly but then I found a vedio recording a meeting with Father Andarous near to the year 1988

I translated it with English subtitles because it's in Arabic language of course then I sent it to him through the 4 shared site
Despite I spent a lot of time and made hard efforts to translate it but unfortunately he didn't receive it till now,and I was thinking if some more Christian friends would like to watch that meeting with father Andraous the Samuelian, but actually I'm afraid beacause my English might not be so good and people might laugh.
Or it might not be legal to put that vedio in here
Yet I'm sure that beautiful saint will be a bless to every one despite my grammar or spelling mistakes

So please advice me !  Roll Eyes
Peace of the Lord be with you all

quietmorning
Quiet Morning
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »

Hello, Ramy Hanna,

If you can contact the publisher and ask for permission to reprint, sometimes they will give it to you if it is for educational purposes.  Some web sites like this have a covered use of copy righted materials under educational use, so checking with the owner of this forum or the moderators might be helpful.  

Your English is just fine - I understood every word you wrote, here! Smiley

I'm currently reading The Sayings of the Deseret Fathers and would be very interested to see this interview. . .. but not at your and the OrthodoxChristianity's expense.  What I would suggest for me personally is that you perhaps guide me to the link where you purchased the video - and I buy it, then perhaps ask you for a transcript of perhaps the transcript can be sent to me email?  Perhaps that would work legally and the people who are selling the video would get what they are due for their product.  

Thank you for thinking of us!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:01:20 AM by quietmorning » Logged
Ramy Hanna

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Church

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »

Thank you for replying and also for encouragement

Well, Me and my brother will ask for the Church opinion because actually I don't know the puplisher and I mentioned that in the translation subtitles begining; Also the interview is old and shot by a home video in a hospital before father Andraous leave to the heavens,

Also I found parts of that interview on the you tube like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPee0yyAuw

but the whole interview is with me and I translated it, and I want to give it for free because it's really amazing.

Thank you for interesting, mention us in your prayers
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: